Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Snail Mail from Airstream?

The mothership sent me USPS mail today "to announce the addition of two stunning new designs to its critically acclaimed International Series". As the owner of an Overlander International, I initially thought I was part of a targeted audience.

But since Uncle Les bought my International in 1967, and no one ever told Airstream I now have it, I decided that Jackson Center did not know I already owned an International.

While they probably got my address when I either signed up for their newsletter or bought stuff from the store, I'm curious if anyone else has received this high-quality, three page snail-mail.

Anyone?

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SnailMail.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	35256  
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
I got one too.
With a special offer to get a free copy of the "Wonderlust: Airstream at 75" book.
But I have to visit a dealer and inspect their new hardware.
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
_

. , .
hi tomW

haven't received that yet or the free book or toaster....

i wonder if is from the same folks who thunk of this...

http://www.airforums.com/forum...nce-27904.html

gave'em a passing grade, but perhaps they know i've spent all the coins..

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Other than a customer satisfaction survey shortly after I bought the Bambi in 05, I haven't heard a peep from Airstream. Perhaps it had something to do with me telling them, as politely as possible, I would never buy another new AS as long as I live, and that I would never recommend one to a friend or family member. There was a myriad of problems ranging from plumbing leaks, to aluminum dust staining the interior lining. However, they did respond very quickly to my notification that a plastic vent cover (less than 16 months old) disintegrated on touch, and promptly sent a replacement.
I guess I've probably been "B" listed.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I bought a new 2005 Safari. I received one letter from Airstream asking the sizes for the jackets we were to receive. I have never received any other mail or promotional material from them.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
We got one of the offers. We ordered a new 20 foot Safari in march and are waiting for a late April delivery.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I got the offer today in the mail too.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I got it all.

After I bought my '06 I got the letter offering me jackets. Sent it out. Forgot about it until 2 months later when two jackets and two hats arrived. Also got Wunderlust just out of the blue with a thank you for buying note. Today I got the same mail as you did. Of course I'd already seen the new layouts on colonialairstream.com six weeks to two months ago.

They are trying...but sometimes they are very trying. If you didn't get your promised jackets, write or call them. Couldn't hurt.

One funny story, while I was at Safford RV picking up my 25', the son of the CEO was there doing a dealer tour. I showed him two things I didn't like about the new stream
  • the strap that went all the way around the folding door in the bedroom instead of anchoring it firmly to the bulkhead. Every time the drawers were opened they scratched against the fabric of the door.
  • the handles on the sliding doors in the bathroom were 2 inches away from the edge of the door, making the effective opening 5 inches instead of 8 or 9.
I told him how I was going to go about fixing both myself. I also told him how much I would have preferred a lobsterbowl sink to the two small ones. A month later the dealership called me to say they'd gotten another 25' FB and the strap had been changed and the handles had been moved to less than an inch from the door edge. Ta-Da! Now I look at the '07 25' and 27' FB SE and lo... a lobster bowl sink. (I'd guess there have been many people who mentioned that one, but who knows...)

Complaining is different from "suggesting".... my first two changes cost Airstream zero dollars and were so easy to do, I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually implemented the next day via a phone call. You never know how effective you might be if you're at the right place at the right time, or take the time to state your case logically and see both sides of the issue. I did write a long letter to customer service today regarding the galvanized frame/rot resistant floor issues, along with several others.

Luckily I hadn't sent it off before I saw that '06 classic with the moveable dining room table and freestanding chairs. So I added a "Wow" paragraph about that. Here they let that model fly completely under the radar... they never promoted it on their website... which is probably the only reason they didn't sell a bundle of them. CRAP! Had I seen that side by side with the 25 FB SE I just might have spent $20K more! If they had offered that in a 28 CCD I'd kiss them on the LIPS ... or

Ok this is a G rated forum.... going away now.

Paula