Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Flat-Front (Cutter, Clipper, XC, XL & Skydeck) Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Sani-Dump Tips, Clipper, Class A, Land Yacht

On our over 15000 miles of travel so far this year, we found many Sani-Dumps operated by the State, Municipality or Province, and even some campgrounds, to not have pressured water in the same area as the Sani-Dump.

Many Sani-Dump locations you visit, (especially in the off season) will not have fresh water to power flush your black tank etc. and this may result in solids being retained at the valve (causing leak) or in the tank bottom.

Normal procedure is to dump solids first, and then the gray water, as this will help to some extent flush the black tank.

If no pressured water hose is available, try this.

After dumping and draining the black tank, open the gray tank valve, and raise the waste hose above the tank level, thus forcing the gray water into the black tank. Close the gray tank and let the black tank drain again. Repeat this two or three times and you should have almost as clean a tank as you would get with the pressure wash.

It is difficult to clear the black tank valve of the paper products if you don't have adequate water to flush it through.
And of course, always run enough water into the black tank after dumping, to keep the bottom 2" wet.

If you can keep those valves clean, it makes it a lot nicer job the next time you take the cap off.

Dave
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Clipper Storage

It was such a nice evening when we got home, I thought I could do another little upgrade that I have been contemplating on the Clipper.

In the service bay for sewer and outside shower the floor space is at a premium. One must carry so many different fittings, repair kits, tools, cleaners, etc. that I am constantly looking for better storage options.

I had this box kicking around my shop, and tried a test fit and it looked like it might work. A little re-arranging and the job was finished before dark.

Now I can carry some MORE stuff!

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	070920122304.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	162837   Click image for larger version

Name:	070920122305.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	162838  

Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Louisville , Kentucky
Send a message via Skype™ to bnsonger47
Great tip about emptying the black tank. I agree, the black tank needs to be "primed" with some water. Unless dry camping, we always flush with a extra water just to keep things "fluid".
bnsonger47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Since installing this box in the previous post,
I have wanted to remove it and paint it to match the compartmet.

Well - I came across this box today and thought that it might even do the job better, as I will be able to see what is in there.

This is great for holding misc. fittings for hose repair etc.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
One must carry so many different fittings, repair kits, tools, cleaners, etc. that I am constantly looking for better storage options.Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	090620123203.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	167581   Click image for larger version

Name:	090620123211.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	167582  

Tags