Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1996 33' Land Yacht
RANCHO CORDOVA , California
Oh yes, I forgot to mention I use a Brake Buddy for extra braking pwr on the 2000 Trailblazer Jim

brake Buddy for extra
zagos24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Overland , Missouri
Protagonist, there is no base plate manufactured for the MGB, but I could make one with the help of some friends which have done this to other MGB's. The problem is I just don't like the way the 2" channel looks protruding from the front bumper. It really looks like crap so I'm not going down that road. I'm leaning toward a Roadmaster XL Base Plate that would work on the Trailblazer. I ran across this which looks really interesting for a tow bar brake combo set up Ready Brute Elite at Adventure RV.net. It had good reviews on a other board irv.net.
pvmsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
I got a Demco tow bar with my moho purchase, but my proposed toad, a 2002 Honda Insight, does not have a baseplate available, and I lucked in to a Demco SS dolly about the same time. I towed (toad?) the Insight and dolly, about 2600# with the ~100# hitch weight with no problem. After I upgraded my commute vehicle to a 1996 BMW 318ti my towed weight went up to about 3500# and I did notice a difference. The P.O. went to the Banks factory so I have better breathing, etc and I guess more power. I went deep into the dolly for a maintenance check before my last trip & discovered that the P.O. for that unit probably built it up, but it was too much trouble for him to hook up the line from the brake master cylinder to the actual brakes, so I have been using it for about 3 years with no brakes! A couple hours later it bakes nicely, and the dolly and car track very nicely.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Pasadena , Maryland
It would be nice to have the Trial Blazer, but I would go with a smaller car like a sonata, thats perfect!! and if you want to have fun with the Trail Blazer, Have some one Drive it.
Gota think it would be a lot less expensive to do it that way.
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote