Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1992 35' Airstream 350
Huntington Beach , California
No power at refrigerator and two sockets

When on shore power the frig won't run on AC and the outlet next it and the one on the wall between the door and the pass. seat doesn't have power. When I turn on the genset everything works fine. I need help please ... Thanks, Dan
livexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Dan,

In your motorhome there is a transfer switch that connects the 2 circuits together when the genset runs. Do you have power at all of the other outlets on shore power?

Also are you sure the selector switch in the overhead is not on something other than refer?
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:15 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1992 35' Airstream 350
Thanks for your reply Brett, Yes I do have power at all the other outlets with shore power. I don't know about a "Selector switch" what overhead would it be in and would that cause the 2 outlets to be dead on shore power? Thanks, Dan
Old 05-15-2005, 07:40 AM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
On most of the classics over 30 feet there is a power selector switch that allows you to choose to run the microwave, insty hot, nutone, AC, or refer. The choices changed from year to year. It was a compromise to allow for more than 30 amps worth of stuff to be run off a 30 amp power feed.

When the genset is running it powers everything. Both roof airs, as well. The selector switch does not come into play. This switch is normally in the overhead above the sink.

Another thing to check is to see if you have power to the outside outlets when on shore power and generator. The outside outlets are usually wired in series with the refer one.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1992 35' Airstream 350
I have a 1992, 350LE, it doesn't have a "selector switch" that I have ever come across. I have lost power only to the two outlets and the refer when running on AC with shore power. When I turn on the Genset everything works.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1992 35' Airstream 350
As much as I hate to say this my problem was, there wasn't any power at the shore connection ... Dummy Dan