Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
Austin , Texas
Question about Water Tank.

I have recently purchased a new 2008 19' Bambi SE and On my past several camping trips I have emptied my water tank before travel. When I get to the State park and hook up to the water supply I find that my water tank is full and needs to be drained before the trip home. I thought the tank and the city water supply where seperate. ps There is no 2008 Bambi Thread.
c177tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
You are correct...when you are hooked up to city water with an empty fresh water tank, the fresh water tank should not fill up internally from the city water....that is, unless it's been re-plumbed with a water pump bypass to allow filling from the city water connection ( in which case there would be valves to open and close routing the water around the pump)...and if it's new, that's doubtful. It sounds like your water pump (which you do not need to use when you are connected to city water) may be allowing water to back-flow into the fresh water holding tank when it's under city water pressure. It should not be allowing water to flow that direction. If the tank is getting filled to the point that it's completely full, you will have water overflowing on the outside through the overfill tube/hole next to the fresh water fill port....and you did not mention that happening, so it may be a small "seeping" into the fresh water tank. Check in the dinette street side seat where the pump is, to see if anything looks like it is not behaving correctly... and have it checked out...it's still under warranty.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Just checking

Do you hear the water pump kick on when you run the water? If so, maybe the two hose connections are mislabeled. You could be filling the tank unintentionally.

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
Austin , Texas
"When all else fails read the instructions"..

I just read the manual and it does state that the water pump has a check valve to prevent city water from entering the water tank. I must have a faulty pump. I have inspected the pump and tank and there is no leaking, the tank will fill up but has not overfilled to the outside. I am taking the unit in for some other warranty work ( refer door has a torn seal found on inspection, they have ordered a new door.)
c177tx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 bambi