Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #295
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Hello Everyone,
Airboss and I are in Sturgis, SD, and will be here for the next 2 nights. We are going to Mt. Rushmore tommarrow, and on Wenesday, I think we are going to head to Bozeman, watch the Blog in my Signature for update!
Hey Laura, been watching your blog. Iowa 80 truck stop is cool. Glad you are having a good time. Can't wait to see your Mt Rushmore pictures. Bummer about the fridge. Gotta keep the recipe cold, don't cha know!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #296
4 Rivet Member

1996 28' Excella
Okemos , Michigan
Hi Laura,
We had the same problem with the refrigerator door. Be sure to replace the latch too. What happens is the plastic part of the latch wears over time and it opens one day when your are going uphill, and the door slams open, breaking the hinge. Like you have found out, the hinge is part of the door frame, requiring replacement of the whole door. Bummer!

AIR#2276
sander17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #297
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hi All
MaryLou and I just return from 4 days at Buck Creek State Park /just north of Springfield ,Ohio . Its a really nice SP like Grand Lake ST.Marys. We meet some special friends there and had a nice time.
Ronda
Thanks for the info. I will call KC yet this week and make a reservation.
Laura
Watch those I 80 truckstops ,Lots of young available truckdrivers out there or thats what they will tell ya. One of them might git ya,LOL. Laura we had the same thing happen with the fridge on the way to Buck Creek,I guess maybe I didn't make sure the door was secure and it popped open in transit.NO harm done ,It was only for a few minutes and nothing was lost. only a couple of items on the floor.
Derek
Glad your project came out Great.
Carol
U be careful out there!
Hi to Stepn /Dave and Sam
Later
Roger
Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #298
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Howdy!

Hey all, hope everyone has been well!

Rhonda, the trip to the East Coast rally sounds great. Hope you've recovered by now!

Laura, checked out the blog - Uber cool! Say hello to Glacier National Park for me. Derek and I took a two week vacation out there two years ago....left our hearts behind. You'll love, love, love it! Get off the pavement and hit the hiking trails for us, will ya?

Question for all: anyone a member of TCT and planning to do the Red Barns Spectacular at Gilmore Car Museum the weekend of August 2nd? It will be the second year they've been there, last year there were about 25 units. Gilmore is right down the road from Derek and I (I've eaten my fair share of frozen custard and pie in their diner! ) and we're thinking about trying it out. Love to see anyone else who can make it.

Travel in peace.

Renee
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #299
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hey all, thanks for the comments about the blog, its a work in progress, im posting a new post right now. Lots of pictures, so it takes time! Hope you all enjoy! We are heading to Bozeman in the morning! Keep watching for more updates to the blog!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:30 AM   #300
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
In case anyone was curious the sites we have reserved are #'s 1-27. I thought we had the sites by the playground but I suppose they wanted to keep us in a circle. Well anyhow the sites are held until July 15th then they will release them. We figured everyone could pick a spot when they got there. I am not sure how they will condense us if we don't fill up the spaces. I will find out when we get to the 15th. My question is where is everybody? It will be very sad if half the gang is missing!
Old 06-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #301
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Rhonda
Reservations made this afternoon.So we hopefully will see you all In August at KC
Roger
Old 06-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #302
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Fantastic Mike. Can't wait to meet you in person. I have to admit I just made our reservations today also! I think we will be there either Wednesday night or Thursday.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #303
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Rhonda
We have been kickin around the idea of coming a day or maybe 2 early. The lady said just call her ,It will probably be Ok.
U know I am from that area Kinda, my MUM is in assisted living home at Brighton and 2 sisters 1 at Howell and 1 at Gregory Foster brother at Ann Arbor. So we have reason to come early.
Anxious to meet you both and all the crew we haven't met yet.
Later Roger
Old 06-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #304
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Hi Gang!
As soon as we can firm up our schedules, we will be making our reservations. I still have too many irons in the fire. Need to retire,retire. Stiill haven't made the Walnut Hills reservation yet either. Just call me greedy. Running for Twp. trustee and working 3 part time jobs is not retirement to some,but I love every minute of it.
See you all later.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #305
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Fridge was fixed on 6-27. Dometic was great. Shipped the door here to Bozeman and they installed it as well. Having a great time here. Yellowstone was out of this world!! Look at Airedale's Blog to see some of our photos!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #306
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Ralph
Glad to hear U are have'n a great time. Sorry about y0ur fridge problems but glad U were able to get it resolved and by the experts too.
I have read some of AirDales blog , she is doin great and I also enjoyed the pics of the pink hat and the other stuff. Be Safe and have fun.
Roger
Old 07-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #307
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan

Just a quick reminder to all that have not signed up.

The original deal with KC was to hold 30 sites until July 15!

On July 15th, I have to provide a unit/site count to them so that they can release the other sites to "Normal" campers. I am sure if we need extra sites after the 15th they will provide them for us, but maybe not together with the group.

So, I invite any and all that would like to attend regarless of make, brand, year, type, of camping trailer, tent, MOHO, etc. Come all and lets have a great weekend!!!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #308
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Dave
We got confirmation we have site 25. Just three doors and a drive of the Washhouse Whahooo.
roger