Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Death Valley "49er" encampment

Just courious , Anyone out there going to the Death Valley 49er encampment coming up in Nov.? Pieman
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Details Please.
I would be interested.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
http://www.deathvalley49ers.org/

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:52 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Death Valley Encampment Info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet's Husband
Details Please.
I would be interested.
Gary ---If you'll look at Johns post you can get all the info. about the events that take place there every Nov. We just happened on to it a week before the thing started a few years ago and it looks like it would be a hoot. Lots of activities and things to do plus the park is pretty neat also. You wouldn't have to regester to hang out and enjoy the week. It's only ness. if you're going to participate in any of the events, besides the funds go to a good cause. It's basic boondocking with toilets dump station and water available. There are no hookups even in the regular park campground. I called and asked about reservations but the regular campground was already booked . The other area is first come first served however the folks at the park service info. told me over the phone there would be no problem finding a place to park. Don't know the number that attend but would guess it was in the hundreds maybe more. The main events seem to center around the Furnace Creek area. We stayed in a large over flow area thats used mainly for this event as far as I can tell. Besides the things mentioned on the website every eve seems to have entertainment of some kind going on. We wandered from one little music show to another every eve. Don't remember seeing any Airstreams there but at the time wasn't an AS owner and would'nt have been looking for them if you know what I mean. As I remember there was a lot of Full Timers that were starting their migration south. Over heard some of them talking about seeing each other later a Quartsite which is an other neat place if you've never been there. If anyone is going lets try to at least meet to say Howdy while we're there. Our plans, <lord willing>, are to arive there sat the 6th, stay the week and head home the following sunday.
regards-----Pieman
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote