Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #221
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Martin, You think you are excited? We have been planning this for a year now. The four hosts talk multiple times a day about all the details we need to cover. Poor Rob has been driving his mow rig around the site in circles for weeks now working on that perfect manicured look. WE ARE TOTALLY STOKED MY MAN. And then there are guys like you trying to do your part like providing flags, the Coffee Czaris, The "do what benefits everyone with this check guy", the very generous corporate donations we are getting, and please do not forget the very generous person who won the Golden #80 spot and is going to give a helping hand to some local families in the area. I am so very grateful for what people are doing. It just seems so very natural to me.

And again a reminder we are having a food drive. I hope all that feel compelled will bring a bunch of canned food or non perishable food items. I, we hope we can make a significant contribution. Not those water chestnuts and cranberry relish in the back of the pantry. Things that people can possibly eat and enjoy.
We are thrilled to be a part of this. We've been excited about this rally since the end of last year when it first appeared here on the rally calendar when it was still a rally associated with that other club. We've even got a courtesy park arranged for our overnight stay on our way to the Bash. I'm taking Thurs, Fri off of work and Monday too so that we can enjoy the full effect of this rally.

I think I'm going to witness something spectacular that will set the bar for an Airstream rally. I'm thrilled to be a part of history in the making. I'm also PROUD to be a part of it. Such sharing of costs, sacrifice of personal time for the enjoyment of so many people, and such consideration and intentional concentration on top of all that for the greater good of those in need is just amazing. Thanks to all of you that have been core workers on this rally for making it great before it has even taken place.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #222
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
when it was still a rally associated with that other club.
Birthday Bash was never associated with that 'other club'. that would have broke the 'other club's' rules which stipulates no wbcci rallies during international. just offering clarification here.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #223
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
Birthday Bash was never associated with that 'other club'. that would have broke the 'other club's' rules which state no wbcci rallies during international. just offering clarification here.
Dave, that is not a correct clarification. Sorry.
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #224
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Baker's Acres looks amazing, Rob. You've put in a lot of hard work for this, and it's going to be a fantastic rally.

I sure do feel sorry for those forced into the bull pen, though...
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #225
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Dave, that is not a correct clarification. Sorry.
My bad. I never remember this being an official Wally rally though? How could it have been?

As an aside...has anyone read '5th Ave on Wheels' recently re-released by Airsteam Life? Wally is the shanizzle my mizzle! So much of it is still relevant today.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #226
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi View Post
Ok, I am getting nervous. My trailer is an aluminum tent right now. I have to get out and start working on her. Area 33 is coming up soon! The DC Upgrade had to wait until school was over. Now I have a solar install on the house coming up as well. If my back holds out I will have DC power in time....
Well, I have power! It is not exactly the way I wanted it. The factory distribution panel is still installed. I did get in all the new power side installed. Just have to get the new distribution panel installed. That will take some time to fabricate the mount in the trailer and hook everything up.
I checked all my appliances. They work. I'm good for rally!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #227
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktrailer View Post
I sure wish I had signed up for this party.......it sounds like it is going to be FANTASTIC!!!! I am so envious........
Gail
Sorry you will not be there. It will not be as "FANTASTIC" without you and the 53' Clipper. And the boys.

I think allowances should be made for Clipper Captains!
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #228
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
Gail
Sorry you will not be there. It will not be as "FANTASTIC" without you and the 53' Clipper. And the boys.

I think allowances should be made for Clipper Captains!

Good laugh, Gary!! Thanks!! New name....."CC".
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 AM   #229
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
Birthday Bash was never associated with that 'other club'. that would have broke the 'other club's' rules which stipulates no wbcci rallies during international. just offering clarification here.
The Birthday Bash was at one time called The Wally Byam Birthday Bash(the name was changed due to the threat from a lawyer hired to intimidate us into not holding this event. Now that is showing some good will toward other Airstreamers) and at first it was going to be a club with Mr Byam's name in it only event. That is a fact. It also appeared on two official calendars. One calendar was hosted by some very nice ladies in Ohio and the other hosted by some folks in Washington DC area. That too is a fact. It was all official and what not. If there was a rule against that, then we broke it, "officially". Why would there be a rule like that? What an absolutely stupid rule. Why are there so many rules telling you what you can and cannot do? Then events unfolded and we decided we wanted this to be open to anyone even if they did not own an Airstream, open to anyone interested in old fashion fellowship and fun. Anyone interested in celebrating the life and achievements of Mr Byam. Yet another true fact. The demand for spaces has far exceeded our ability to supply, and we wish we could offer more spaces. A factoid.. we sold out in 10 days and had 10 on the waiting list 10 days after that. It appears that a fairly good number do not want the rules imposed by some other clubs. Sorry your name does not appear on the guest list or the waiting list. I hope you have a grand time in Gillette. Make sure you don't wave the flag while carrying it forward, for there is a rule against that too. Just offering some clarification also.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #230
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Pool's open..

Currently at 75 degrees.. .brrr - but at 90 today and 95 tomorrow.. it's gonna be warming!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gocart_001.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	103285  
Courtesy parking

Old 05-25-2010, 08:25 AM   #231
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Rob,
How did you get your inground pool up to 75 degrees already and so far north, you must have a heater??? I opened mine this past weekend and it is only 62 degrees and I am much closer to the equator than you.

We can't wait for the BASH! It will be nice to see old friends, make some new ones, and enjoy everything that Baker's Acres has to offer.

We plan on being there plenty early so we won't get stuck in that bull pen.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #232
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Oh man that pool looks deliciously cool and inviting. Is that a spiral slide I see? The kids are going to love that!

If you had a hot tub to go along with it, I just might have to cancel my plans for my vacation in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, and crash the Bash instead!

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #233
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Time is a flying!!

Steaks were ordered today.... Corn, check, potatoes.. check... Dacia's working the veggie crowd... check... It's June.. only 23 days and a wake up left...

Got some rain last night... that should turn the field all green!!

The Electra Bourbon towed up on the hill on Saturday night...

Remember.. Pierce Road is a dead end road.. we're the second place on the right.... the entry up to the field is the 4th driveway on the right... first is a 1867 little red school house, second is our driveway right next to our garage, third is up into the back side of our barn / house (Trailer Trash Parkway).. and fourth (Airstream Drive) is a hard right turn up into the field.. if you are short, you can make it, but if you are long, go to the end of the road.. there's a tractor trailer turn around two properties further up the road.. go up to the top, turn around, and on the way down, turn left up into the field!!

Name:	Car Show 1 038.JPG
Views:	400
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	103754
Courtesy parking

Old 06-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #234
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Geez, that sounds like the directions my GPS gives me all the time.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #235
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Rob is trying to avoid putting out signs. I will tell you that there will be lots of signs pointing the way. Look for the word BASH and a an arrow to point the way. You just ned to get yourself to South Plymouth New York 13844
Old 06-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #236
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Thumbs up you can stay with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktrailer View Post
I sure wish I had signed up for this party.......it sounds like it is going to be FANTASTIC!!!! I am so envious........
Hey! I THINK I made it in on a cancelation (responded YES! when invite/notice arrived, then left town. Am traveling with intermittant internet service and am not sure, since payment hasn't been sent in yet!).

I will be on my own in my '08 25FB. IF you can stand to stay in something non-vintage (your PinkTrailer is amazing!!!), you would be most welcome to stay with me!!! I am told the sofa is pretty comfy, and we have indoor plumbing

Let me know, and once I hear from Rob that I am in and did not blow it, we will set it up if you want

We will be home late tomorrow night, and will arrange payment first thing Thursday morning - if Rob lets me know how!

Hope we are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #237
Certifiable

. , .
I'm just gonna drive to the top of the world where I'm sure I'll find that 27 mile view.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #238
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Rob is trying to avoid putting out signs. I will tell you that there will be lots of signs pointing the way. Look for the word BASH and a an arrow to point the way. You just ned to get yourself to South Plymouth New York 13844
Frank, if it's really, really, hard to find, it is that much more appreciated once found.... or something like that... seriously.. if you get lost.. we' re up on the hill behind the Firehouse... any better Drag'n?
Courtesy parking

Old 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #239
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
if you look at the first link you will see the field where the Bash will take place. By friday afternoon it should look something like this...

Name:	BakersAcres5.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	103759
Please no advanced requests for spots. We need to park people according to their trailer length and slope ratio.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #240
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Frank, if it's really, really, hard to find, it is that much more appreciated once found.... or something like that... seriously.. if you get lost.. we' re up on the hill behind the Firehouse... any better Drag'n?
Sorry to confuse...my comment was actually a joke, having more to do with what we call Michigan lefts. Here your GPS will take you past where you want to go and then tell you to "go back", aka..Michigan left!

Anyway, Rob is right, once you are found it makes the journey that much more. We are all really excited about the ride out and the short time we will get with friends! Oh and we really like Birthday Cake.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote