Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Thanks Loren, we were wondering. The weather for next week looks good until I think Friday, then they're calling for rain (and 30 degrees for Saturday night), but in Ohio, that could all change several times between now and then!

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Yeah, gotta love the weather!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Snowman making contest on Saturday?

Just kidding!

The trees are going to be wonderful with color this weekend, the dutch oven will be hot, and the pumpkins decorated.

I'm looking forward to a great weeekend.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
We really hope we can make it..................now we have another challenge -- something is going on with our fresh water tank. It looks as though it has dropped, and seems that the cover for it may have water in it too! I'm hoping Frank gets home before dark tonight so he can take another look.

The question is: do we try to fix it before the rally, or should we come to the rally and get more opinions of what's going on and how to fix it? (Coming to the rally and not having fresh water in the TT would be a pain.) Anyway, that's what we'll be trying to decide.

Deb
Old 10-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Bring it and you can absolutely be certain it will be repaired while you are there! I can just picture 10 guys under your trailer with multiple tool boxes.......

www.campnova.com

Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Wow, that's a comforting thought, and we would greatly appreciate any help and/or thoughts shared at Findley!

I just read on the Airforums that shorewater by passes the fresh water tank, if that's right and true for all models, then as long as the SP has water hookups, I'm thinking we could come and still have water to use in the TT! (Although, I don't know if we could be leaking if we do that.)

By the way, we meant to PM you to say that on the way home from Penn Wood, we were (I was) talking away on the CB and thought that perhaps you didn't turn yours on when all of a sudden you were talking to us! We then realized......................we'd forgotten to put our magnetic CB antenna (sp) out when we left Penn Wood!! I guess we had a senior moment!

Deb
Old 10-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cruiser View Post
Wow, that's a comforting thought, and we would greatly appreciate any help and/or thoughts shared at Findley!

I just read on the Airforums that shorewater by passes the fresh water tank, if that's right and true for all models, then as long as the SP has water hookups, I'm thinking we could come and still have water to use in the TT! (Although, I don't know if we could be leaking if we do that.)

Deb
There are no water hookups at findley but there is potable water station by the dump station area. Consider this practicing for "dry camping" until we get it fixed this weekend
Loren
Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Medina , Ohio
Loren,
Do we have a menu?....I'm trying to decide what to make.

We might be arriving before dark on Friday....Brian is trying to get off work a couple of hours early.

Liz

The Silver Pearl & The Black Pearl

2008 25' Safari FB SE Queen converted to King
2014 Ford Expedition EXP Limited 4x4 V-8
McKesh towing mirrors
Centramatic Balancers
Hensley Swift-Arrow Hitch
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Saturday Dawn and I will be cooking a dutch oven turkey with some trimmings for the potluck. Hopefully works out better than my last dutch oven recipe where I made charcoal!

www.campnova.com

Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Medina , Ohio
I'm bringing broccoli cornbread, pea soup and a pumpkin pie cake for Saturday.

The Silver Pearl & The Black Pearl

2008 25' Safari FB SE Queen converted to King
2014 Ford Expedition EXP Limited 4x4 V-8
McKesh towing mirrors
Centramatic Balancers
Hensley Swift-Arrow Hitch
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Loren,

Thanks for that info on Findley's water supply.

Update on fresh water tank.................Frank went out with drill in hand to drill a small hole in the fw tank's cover so any water could drain out, and found there is already one there, so he's thinking that there should not be water sitting in that cover. He also unscrewed that drain valve which he thought was pinched off, and gently pulled on it and it came forward some, so he ran a small wire through it and residue (black) came out for a short time. From this, he's thinking that when the valve is pushed back so that it can be mounted onto the fw tank's cover, it must buckle the drain line thus causing it to close off and then that's when that residue built up. He is going to pick up a new fw drain valve, install, and see what happens. He is also going to have a couple more straps made up so we'll have that fw tank and its cover held up a little more securely. If all of this is correct, we aren't in as bad a situation as we'd feared................we still would like to have everyone's input as to what they think is going on.

Thanks.

Deb
Old 10-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Liz,
We don't have anything set except baked beans & hot dogs Friday night. Saturday we will have a tater tot chicken dish as well as a chicken & rice dish. i am also sure there will be left over chili. lol!
Oh and there will be lemon cupcakes & spice cupcakes
Old 10-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
My take on the grub

We are going out on Thursday....and erecting some type of big tent shelter...hopefully the weather will cooperate. Please pray! LOL!
I am making potroast and potatoes if anyone wants to join in.
Friday--traditional supper- beanies and weenies for those arriving. Larry and I usually try and have something else available. So we are making a slow cooker full of beef stew, while Loren and Mike are making beanies and weenies.
Sat.- Breakfast!!! Throw in whatever you want to bring along. Larry is bringing his flat top grill and making pancakes for those that would like to join us. He can grill anything you think you might want to put on that grill. I think Ella is planning sausage gravy--bring your own biscuits.
Sat. is the chili cook-off and we will eat on our own...tasting the chili as we get ready for judging.
Potluck Sat. Loren is making a great dish in the slowcooker that she has been practicing, and another that she will do for me to bring along.
Sunday- cereal bar..bring whatever you want to share???

As with most of the other rallies, everybody should bring a dish to share and their table service (paper plates and silverware or whatever), and their own drinks...and a comfortable chair.

Larry is loading the firewood for the campfire. We will probably be toasting marshmallows and sharing other various snacks. After all, this is a rally!!!! Too much good food is required, right??

Did I forget anything, Loren?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
I am bringing extra biscuits for breakfast since it seems like something airbiscuit should do... i bought 4 cans of grands...and a bunch of crescents (gotta love couponing)

Sounds spot on Lou.

Hotdogs & baked beans are provided for friday arrivals and Thursday arrivals too. Lol! Looking forward to a fun relaxing weekend!!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Woohoo. We have been keeping a close eye on the weather (thanks weather channel) and we have gone from 90% showers friday and saturday to scattered and 30%. It getting slowly better! Now to work on temps for sat... brrrr
Old 10-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
the big weekend

Well, we had a wonderful weather day for Thursday, but it went downhill from there. Luckily, we had a large tent for a shelter. Thanks to Dan and Dawn it had a big heater to keep us all toasty. The potluck and raffle were fun. Thanks to Loren and Mike for all of their hard work. Thanks to Ella and Tom for the help on great fun ideas and hard work. Thanks to Terry and Sue, Al and Shinim, Mike and Loren for helping us get the tent down in the pouring rain and mud!
Even though the weather was not cooperative we had a great time and met some wonderful folks..and met a few new great friends too!
The food was great! We had lots of Airstreamers making fabulous chili for the Cook-Off and we got to taste it! Terry won the Silver Family Chili Cook-Off trophy, but he also placed in the SP awards. Dave Deitz got honors...and forgive me for not remembering who else placed in the event. It was good and fun.
Thanks for helping us celebrate Mike and Loren's Anniversary with good food and fellowship!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Congrats to Mike and Loren. Glad to hear that all had a great time. Would have liked to be there.
Al

TAC ON-3
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #58
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Mike & I would like to thank all of you who braved the weather and joined us, even those of you who were with us in spirit, for the weekend to help us celebrate another year of wedded bliss. We also want to say thanks for helping to make the rally a success, participating in our raffle (even if rhonda, dave, sue, & liz swept it), and for sharing all the food & laughter.
We also wish to thank our silver family who showed up early thursday to help setup, left late on sunday in pouring rain & wind to tear down, for providing the walled in group tent for the social gathering, the heater for the tent, assisting with keeping me sane, and for compiling items for the raffle & goodie bags!
Congratulations to Fern & Bill for best decorated site, Drew for best carved pumpkin, Terry for winning our chili airstream trophy, Dave for being runner up, and to everyone brave enough to enter in the chili cookoff against 50+ others in the park competing! Your creativity is endless and cooking is amazing.
We hope everyone can join us again next year! Same place, but this time the park will open reservations 6mo in advance and everyone can pick their campsite and pay online! Woot!
Sincerely,
Loren & Mike
(Airbiscuit)
Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #59
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Lancaster , Ohio
Glad to hear everyone had a great time! We were sorry to miss it....looking forward to next year!
NeverInn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #60
4 Rivet Member

Wet and wonderful rally. I really enjoy this rally and the Chili. Hope to see everyone back next year.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote