Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
WBCCI Florida State Rally form

I am in a quandary. It seems late to mail the form since I am leaving for Florida Monday. Should I still mail it or sign in when I get there or have it sent to another address? What do they send in the envelope. Will I need that?

I have looked in the Blue Beret and online and can't find a soul to ask these questions.

Also how do you know where to go and what time to be there?

I sure wish I could see the events online, fill out the form, and get the money thing electronically over with by charge card, and be able to print out my confirmation and map and calendar of events.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Fl State Rally

The envelope is for your rally receipt. It shows you paid and is your "ticket" to get into the rally site. The receipt also says

Directions to Fairgrounds:
Take I 75 to exit 210. Go west on Fruitville Rd until you come to the fairgrounds on your left. Signs will be posted along the route. Tuen left into the parking area.

Your pre-registration qualifies you for early parking which starts at 8:00AM Tuesday Feb 22. Please arrive with your water tank full and holding tanks empty.
We will have fresh water hookups so bring your 5/9 non toxic hose and free flowing 5/8" Y.
Opening ceremonies are at 10:00 AM on Wed Feb 23.

Bring this receipt and card issued by gate cashiers to the Rally Registration.
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:49 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Perfect

Thank you. Now I'm a happy camper! I had planned on getting there the 23rd but now that I see the opening ceremonies are at 10:00 I might change my reservations and leave a day sooner. Good to know. And appreciate the directions too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Spies
The envelope is for your rally receipt. It shows you paid and is your "ticket" to get into the rally site. The receipt also says

Directions to Fairgrounds:
Take I 75 to exit 210. Go west on Fruitville Rd until you come to the fairgrounds on your left. Signs will be posted along the route. Tuen left into the parking area.

Your pre-registration qualifies you for early parking which starts at 8:00AM Tuesday Feb 22. Please arrive with your water tank full and holding tanks empty.
We will have fresh water hookups so bring your 5/9 non toxic hose and free flowing 5/8" Y.
Opening ceremonies are at 10:00 AM on Wed Feb 23.

Bring this receipt and card issued by gate cashiers to the Rally Registration.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:54 PM   #4

Is there a shedule of events available, and any flea market? Are there any days which would be for public attendance? Is there any idea of approximate number of airstreams that are registered to show up at this rally? ........................Jerry
ggteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:15 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
The schedule is hard to get in advance. They typically hand it out as you enter the rally. Some of our forum members were working on getting an advance copy, so they could post it this year, but so far no luck.

The flea market is usually Saturday morning. You may be expected to be wearing a badge for admission.

The vintage area is outside the fence so you can walk it anytime, but the official Vintage Open House will be the best time to go (Everyone will be cleaned up and ready for visitors). Hopefully we can get the time/date in the next couple of weeks, and let you know ...

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Miami , Florida
Newbies with typical newbie question

My wife and I are in the market for an Airstream (28-31', condition more central than age). Would it be useful to attend the Florida State Rally? Are there units for sale at the rally? Can wannabees even get into the fairgrounds? We live in Miami so the drive is easy.

Gone and seen the 2005's. Very nice but very $$$$. The search continues..

Mike Hassall
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:46 AM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2916s
My wife and I are in the market for an Airstream (28-31', condition more central than age). Would it be useful to attend the Florida State Rally? Are there units for sale at the rally? Can wannabees even get into the fairgrounds? We live in Miami so the drive is easy.

Gone and seen the 2005's. Very nice but very $$$$. The search continues..

Mike Hassall
Mike, last year Bates RV brought down a sampling of Airstreams, both new and used. If I had to guess, I would say they had 50 units there for sale. Prices ranged from $3K for a well used 1968 Sovereign 30' to, well, the Skydeck Motorhome was there...
Terry
Old 02-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

more on Sarasota

.... the vintage units and the Bates display was in the open front parking lot. There's also a bulletin board that usually is used to post for sale items.
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote