View Poll Results: When will everyone arrive?
Friday- August 15 3 25.00%
Saturday- August 16 1 8.33%
Sunday- August 17 (Official Registration Day) 5 41.67%
Arriving late during the week. 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #71
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl & Jan View Post
Earl and I are really looking forward to the PEI adventure. The refurbishments to our '72 airstream may not be totally complete but we have the essentials so should be good to go.
I am now researching CB radios. I have no idea what to look for. We don't want to spend too much maybe up to $150. One website suggests a performance tune up. Is that really necessary? Was I looking at 2nd hand CB's, I didn't think I was. Can anyone offer any advice, please!
Thanks
Jan and Earl
there are oodles of threads on airforums.com on the subject. I don't think that the built-in search function works well, though...so I do this:
go to google.
type this in the search: "cb radio " site:airforums.com

I suspect that the "performance tune-up" you mention is the notion that cb antennas have to be "tuned" or "adjusted" to match your particular vehicle, and antenna placement. your vehicle becomes part of the antenna system, in effect. yeah, you can just slap an antenna on the roof, and go...but for "best results"...

'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatismytruc View Post
I asked before I did some research, sorry.

I googled Bayside RV Campground Oyster Bed Bridge Prince Edward Island, Canada and got this: Bayside RV Campground - Oyster Bed Bridge, Prince Edward Island Canada RV Campground
99 sites, 40 pull through water and electric. the rest?? I google mapped it and google got very confused. location looked nothing like the hand drawn map on the Bayside site. so I maps.live.com'd it and zoomed in:

If that's the place it is really close to the bay and a race track? I personally like racing and the sound of unmuffled engines. I imagine I am one of few.

This is the place! There's a race track and a whole bunch of potato fields surrounding it. I wonder if potatoes will be in season? I'd love to get some at a farm stand or farmers market.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Yippee! This rally site has a pool!

Wicked happy about this, the campground has an in-ground, heated pool! The kids will love this (so will some of us adults).

Old 07-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #74
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
This big kid will partake. I also hope to go to the beach. I hope I don't get harpooned.
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
This big kid will partake. I also hope to go to the beach. I hope I don't get harpooned.
I'm thinking the local news will be out looking for me at the pool and the beach as I look like a Manatee in a bathing suit (in fact I call mine my Manatee suit). Being southern, warm water creatures Manatees are wicked rare in Canada.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #76
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Well you saw in another thread that I bought balgrn's '73 27' Overlander. But I figured I should reply here too.
Skip- Now that you bought my cousin's Overlander, which are you bringing to PEI?

Rick
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #77
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
The Argosy is for sale. the three of us and the dog would not have survived 10 days or so in it together. Too small. I am going to miss it dearly. I really love that thing and was looking forward to painting it back to white and tan.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:28 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23 View Post
Here is a link to an article in the Chronicle Herald which is our Provincial newspaper in Nova Scotia.Thought some of you may find it interesting.

Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca

Thanks for this Mike. Joan does not need to worry as many of us will be visiting Nova Scotia before or after the R1R. I know I'm looking forward to the NEU Maritime Holiday Caravan which will be stopping in Nova Scotia the week before the rally starts. We will be touring the Northumberland Shore and Cape Breton Island areas (yippee!).

Old 07-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #79
Past Prez.NEU/Membership

2005 34' Classic
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Post Updates

• It's not to late to sign up! 15 sites available. Try to mail registration to Bob Thompson before August 1st. After that date please PM Titu & Gail,and we will inform Bob. Dollars will then have to be paid upon arrival to the campground. Please convert your dollars to Canadian dollars once crossing into Canada at the Visitor Center. Bob will only take Canadian dollars upon arrival.
  • Money for the LOBSTER DINNER & "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES"-payable upon arrival to the campground.
  • Welcome packages will now be provided upon registration at the campground.
  • Any & ALL funds due will be collected upon registration.

Gail & T
2004 Yukon Denali
, 2016 GMC 2500 Denali-Duramax Diesel
WBCCI #2905-NEU

AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #80
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
T&G. Just curious. Is that 15 left of the 99 that Bayview advertises? Or are they rigging up more sites for us? Thanks.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
T&G. Just curious. Is that 15 left of the 99 that Bayview advertises? Or are they rigging up more sites for us? Thanks.
Hi thatismytruc,

My understanding is it's over and above the 99 sites advertised. I'm hearing 120+ rigs are signed up for the R1R so safari field parking for some may be in order.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #82
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
hmmmm ... Not to be a dope or anything, and don't get me wrong I'm glad so many are going, but I would imagine that whomever gets the safari field might be a bit disappointed about not having any hook ups. Perhaps those with no hook ups will get a discount of some sort?

Allie recalls being told that first to sign up first to get hook ups. Is this true? we did sign up early. If not, I for one am now thinking I'd better get there early so that I am not in the safari field. I'm going to have to acquire another solid rocket booster or two.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
hmmmm ... Not to be a dope or anything, and don't get me wrong I'm glad so many are going, but I would imagine that whomever gets the safari field might be a bit disappointed about not having any hook ups. Perhaps those with no hook ups will get a discount of some sort?

Allie recalls being told that first to sign up first to get hook ups. Is this true? we did sign up early. If not, I for one am now thinking I'd better get there early so that I am not in the safari field. I'm going to have to acquire another solid rocket booster or two.
The first to sign up get 3 way hookups.I understood that most (if not all) others will get water and electric. I recommend you email Bob, he will be able to give you the latest info on who will get what.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:42 AM   #84
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Exclamation Rally Schedule

With the Region One Rally so close and rumors abundant, is there a posted schedule available to attendes yet? We heard over the weekend that the much talked about Lobster Bake Dinner was being held Friday night. Seems a shame for it to be schedled for that night since so many of the folks will be heading home that day. I know Bob and his staff are working hard and this will be for sure a wonderful rally but if the daile schedule is available it would be great to have it posted for folks to make their plans for sight seeing and meals.

Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote