Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: When will everyone arrive?
Friday- August 15 3 25.00%
Saturday- August 16 1 8.33%
Sunday- August 17 (Official Registration Day) 5 41.67%
Arriving late during the week. 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #61
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
well, absolutely, you should join the NEU! we'd love to have to. Come check us out.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #62
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
well, absolutely, you should join the NEU! we'd love to have to. Come check us out.
I second this!! We attended one rally last September and joined immediately. We've been to two this summer so far. I love everyone I've met!! In fact I just bought another Airstream from an NEU member!! Apparently 5 vehicles and one camper are not enough. The Argosy will be looking for a new home soon though.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatismytruc View Post
I second this!! We attended one rally last September and joined immediately. We've been to two this summer so far. I love everyone I've met!! In fact I just bought another Airstream from an NEU member!! Apparently 5 vehicles and one camper are not enough. The Argosy will be looking for a new home soon though.

What!!! I hate it when this kind of stuff happens and I'm not in the know. What did you purchase?

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #64
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Well you saw in another thread that I bought balgrn's '73 27' Overlander. But I figured I should reply here too.

back to PEI talk, and rookie questions .... We all have electric and water right? Safari style (field camping) where the trailers are all together or do we each have our own site? How many are attending?

s_balgrn said I could get rid of my "rookie stripe" on my Argosy, but after asking these questions I'm not so sure.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Hey Thatismytruc,

I believe most everyone will have their own site with water and 30 amp electric. Some early to register folks will have sites with three way hookups.

I'm hearing rig counts between 100 to 120. I'd be willing to bet it will top out at 130 or so.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt View Post
What!!! I hate it when this kind of stuff happens and I'm not in the know. What did you purchase?
Sorry you were outa the loop. Kinda went from a though, gee it would be nice to have a bigger rig, to sold!

I don't think your questions are rookie questions. Tear off that stripe!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #67
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt View Post
Hey Thatismytruc,

I believe most everyone will have their own site with water and 30 amp electric. Some early to register folks will have sites with three way hookups.

I'm hearing rig counts between 100 to 120. I'd be willing to bet it will top out at 130 or so.
I asked before I did some research, sorry.

I googled Bayside RV Campground Oyster Bed Bridge Prince Edward Island, Canada and got this: Bayside RV Campground - Oyster Bed Bridge, Prince Edward Island Canada RV Campground
99 sites, 40 pull through water and electric. the rest?? I google mapped it and google got very confused. location looked nothing like the hand drawn map on the Bayside site. so I maps.live.com'd it and zoomed in:

If that's the place it is really close to the bay and a race track? I personally like racing and the sound of unmuffled engines. I imagine I am one of few.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #68
1 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Winchester , Massachusetts
CB radios

Earl and I are really looking forward to the PEI adventure. The refurbishments to our '72 airstream may not be totally complete but we have the essentials so should be good to go.
I am now researching CB radios. I have no idea what to look for. We don't want to spend too much maybe up to $150. One website suggests a performance tune up. Is that really necessary? Was I looking at 2nd hand CB's, I didn't think I was. Can anyone offer any advice, please!
Thanks
Jan and Earl

Earl & Jan Powell
44 Brookside Av
Winchester, MA 01890

T 781-756-0603

WBCCI #3997
Earl & Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #69
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Newspaper article of the upcoming rally

Here is a link to an article in the Chronicle Herald which is our Provincial newspaper in Nova Scotia.Thought some of you may find it interesting.

Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #70
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl & Jan View Post
Earl and I are really looking forward to the PEI adventure. The refurbishments to our '72 airstream may not be totally complete but we have the essentials so should be good to go.
I am now researching CB radios. I have no idea what to look for. We don't want to spend too much maybe up to $150. One website suggests a performance tune up. Is that really necessary? Was I looking at 2nd hand CB's, I didn't think I was. Can anyone offer any advice, please!
Thanks
Jan and Earl

Earl & Jan Powell
44 Brookside Av
Winchester, MA 01890

T 781-756-0603

WBCCI #3997
I was looking a hand held units on Amazon. Don (minstrl Blue) gave me some advice too. I thought it was in a thread somewhere but I can't find it. I never did get one. Thanks for reminding me.

This is the one I planned on getting:
Amazon.com: Midland 75-822 Handheld CB Radio with Vehicle Adapter: Electronics
plenty good for the campground and a caravan I would think. THere was a Cobra unit too that is similar but I liked the smallness of this one.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #71
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl & Jan View Post
Thanks
Jan and Earl
there are oodles of threads on airforums.com on the subject. I don't think that the built-in search function works well, though...so I do this:
go to google.
type this in the search: "cb radio " site:airforums.com

I suspect that the "performance tune-up" you mention is the notion that cb antennas have to be "tuned" or "adjusted" to match your particular vehicle, and antenna placement. your vehicle becomes part of the antenna system, in effect. yeah, you can just slap an antenna on the roof, and go...but for "best results"...
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
I asked before I did some research, sorry.

I googled Bayside RV Campground Oyster Bed Bridge Prince Edward Island, Canada and got this: Bayside RV Campground - Oyster Bed Bridge, Prince Edward Island Canada RV Campground
99 sites, 40 pull through water and electric. the rest?? I google mapped it and google got very confused. location looked nothing like the hand drawn map on the Bayside site. so I maps.live.com'd it and zoomed in:

If that's the place it is really close to the bay and a race track? I personally like racing and the sound of unmuffled engines. I imagine I am one of few.

This is the place! There's a race track and a whole bunch of potato fields surrounding it. I wonder if potatoes will be in season? I'd love to get some at a farm stand or farmers market.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Yippee! This rally site has a pool!

Wicked happy about this, the campground has an in-ground, heated pool! The kids will love this (so will some of us adults).

Old 07-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #74
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
This big kid will partake. I also hope to go to the beach. I hope I don't get harpooned.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
This big kid will partake. I also hope to go to the beach. I hope I don't get harpooned.
I'm thinking the local news will be out looking for me at the pool and the beach as I look like a Manatee in a bathing suit (in fact I call mine my Manatee suit). Being southern, warm water creatures Manatees are wicked rare in Canada.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #76
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Well you saw in another thread that I bought balgrn's '73 27' Overlander. But I figured I should reply here too.
Skip- Now that you bought my cousin's Overlander, which are you bringing to PEI?

Rick
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #77
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
The Argosy is for sale. the three of us and the dog would not have survived 10 days or so in it together. Too small. I am going to miss it dearly. I really love that thing and was looking forward to painting it back to white and tan.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23 View Post
Here is a link to an article in the Chronicle Herald which is our Provincial newspaper in Nova Scotia.Thought some of you may find it interesting.

Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca

Thanks for this Mike. Joan does not need to worry as many of us will be visiting Nova Scotia before or after the R1R. I know I'm looking forward to the NEU Maritime Holiday Caravan which will be stopping in Nova Scotia the week before the rally starts. We will be touring the Northumberland Shore and Cape Breton Island areas (yippee!).

Old 07-22-2008, 02:49 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Post Updates

• It's not to late to sign up! 15 sites available. Try to mail registration to Bob Thompson before August 1st. After that date please PM Titu & Gail,and we will inform Bob. Dollars will then have to be paid upon arrival to the campground. Please convert your dollars to Canadian dollars once crossing into Canada at the Visitor Center. Bob will only take Canadian dollars upon arrival.
  • Money for the LOBSTER DINNER & "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES"-payable upon arrival to the campground.
  • Welcome packages will now be provided upon registration at the campground.
  • Any & ALL funds due will be collected upon registration.

Gail & T

BRN-2905
NEAC of Region 1
AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #80
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
T&G. Just curious. Is that 15 left of the 99 that Bayview advertises? Or are they rigging up more sites for us? Thanks.