Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
calendar

There a couple of ways to find it. LOL!
http://www.airforums.com/?page=calendar
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
well we posted at the same time

Maybe Tom doesn't remember meeting me at Homecoming and showing me his pictures for ASL.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #43
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Found it...I was looking elsewhere. Thanks. Carol, I'll come for a bit anyway. I only live 40 minutes away but work might preclude me from attending the whole rally. I definitely want to meet all of you and give my support. Carol,of course I remember you. We sat in your trailer and talked for quite a while. As to the pictures Carol was alluding to...My Grandparents started our family Airstreaming in 1961 or so. Grandpa was a professional photographer and he documented their more than a dozen caravans (including Africa, but not THE Africa caravan) with thousands of slides. Luckily I got to go on a few of those. While you might not want to see our family vacation slides (yawn...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz) I do have a series from some Internationals in the 60's that are nothing but trailers. I might bring those if there is an interest.
Tom
Old 01-31-2010, 07:43 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
YES! Please bring them!! Would that be very cool and fun to see. Thank you Tom.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:42 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
yeah, that does sound cool. We'd like to see those pictures / slides / etc. as well!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:03 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
I'd love to see those photos some day, but I doubt Lorrie and I will be making NOVA-fest this year. Maybe our paths will cross some other time.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #47
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
I just got our conformation from the service center for our alignment for Friday the 26. Our plan is to drive in on Friday am. I will have new tires and wheels ready to install while we are there ...BUT, AS. wants 95.00 an hour for that! Any one want to help me swap out 4 in the parking lot after the service center closes?

The axles ate one tire from new to flat in less than 1000 miles or I would do it before we leave.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by memgrove2000 View Post
I just got our conformation from the service center for our alignment for Friday the 26. Our plan is to drive in on Friday am. I will have new tires and wheels ready to install while we are there ...BUT, AS. wants 95.00 an hour for that! Any one want to help me swap out 4 in the parking lot after the service center closes?

The axles ate one tire from new to flat in less than 1000 miles or I would do it before we leave.
Did you just put new axles on or what caused a change that wore tires out in 1000 miles? I just put on new axis axles this winter and I didn't measure any alignments because the axles fit so tight that there was no room to adjust anything if I wanted to. Maybe I will be needing to make an appointment for the same service in the near future! The NOVA-fest will be the maiden voyage with the new axles, so we will see.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by memgrove2000 View Post

Larry says he will be glad to help. What tools do you need for him to bring along. Will AS mount tires on wheels, or are you bringing tire irons, bead breaking mallet, sledge hammer, air compressor, bead lube etc.?????? Jacks?? Blocking??? Do I bring the whole garage, or just a little bit more? You can PM us for the phone number if you need to.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 02-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #50
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Jason :
Yes new GKN axles last spring. First we had them in "crooked" and had to measure from the tongue jack to the mounting flanges. Had to push one side while pulling the other to get them equal. Still not good. There was evidence of damage during shipping that has us concerned. The whorehouse guy that unloaded and "accepted" them has no idea about things like axles and just "signed on the line"! (one grease cap completely destroyed) this is the same one that is eating tires!)) If I were you I would run it and see what happens.as ours may just be shipping damage.

Lou & Larry :
Wait a minute!! Don't load up the whole garage yet. Last year and currently we ran/run new tires and white wagon spoke wheels. We don't like them now. With the new rock guard and new air conditioner the trailer looks like a "newer piece of junk" instead of "a nice older trailer" (all this will change when we get around to polishing) and are going back to the original wheels with new marathons. So tires will be mounted and balanced ready to install ON THE TRAILER. I carry enough tools to do this and will just run the trailer up on blocks and change them out. Thanks for the offer about the garage though.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #51
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
wrench

Larry says to tell you to make sure you throw in the torque wrench. It shouldn't take long at all to change them out. He will be ready to help out.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 02-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #52
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
OK, thanks

Maybe we could put this on the Rally advertisement. "Coat and tie not required to change Mikes tires"

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
Old 02-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Count me in too! Can't wait to see everyone!
Airbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Be glad to help...
Tom
Old 02-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
dreaming

I can't wait for Spring! I am sure looking forward to this first rally of the season. Yay! Novafest! We have 12 in. of snow on the ground and they are saying we have another snow storm to be ready for tomorrow!!!! Ick!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 02-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #56
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Snow

Ah the snow. Love/Hate relationship for me. In the fall I love it and see it as $$$ from the sky. On Christmas and New Years day "Burden" that I think should all go away on its own! Then there is the 8 + inch on single days (Like the day we just had) Still have not decided about that (mind not quite working from being awake for 48 + hours with only a 1 hour nap IN the plow truck) On the one hand it is work and something to do that makes money. On the other hand, Sleepless nights and crazy people being out when they should not be are just enough to make a person say "FORGET IT! I GIVE UP!" But just then I remember that snow plow money is what pays for ALL of our outings and the Upkeep and Upgrades to the Airstream. Yes I will be out plowing AGAIN. Have to pay the NOVA bill and for the trip to OHIO in March. Cant wait. The truck is running now and I have a small list of walks to clear with the snow blower.
I hope I don't have to bring them in MARCH!!!!

Ever see an Airstream being towed by a snow plow?.
I (REALLY!!!!) hope I don't have to bring them in MARCH!!!!

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Too bad it isn't March. We took our AS back to the mother ship for warranty work in late January. We had gotten snowed out the first time we tried. This time, there was snow blowing all around us but we made the trip without a lot of effort. Windy, but we know an Airstream can handle a little wind. They called me yesterday that the work had all been completed and it was ready for pick up. Well, the snow, wind and cold have discouraged me from makeing the 120 mile drive to retrieve the AS so she's still sitting in Jackson Center. They told me to make the trip whenever possible. I'm wondering if I could leave her there until the March get together........no, I don't think so either but it was an awfully good thought. It would be nice to see lots of you again - with trailers in tow and getting past this winter weather!

We're not going to be available during the Nova fest so will not be able to visit - sure would like to. We miss talking AS talk and it's certainly been a winter to talk about. One of these days, it will be over and we can all laugh about it - until then, we have to be careful not to cry too much. We are anxious to retrieve our International from JC to see how they made the necessary repairs - little things that kept bugging us because they didn't work right. They tell me they've fixed them all! Yea!!

Have a successful, fun and safe NOVA fest and we'll see you all down the road sometime. SAFE 'STREAMIN' to all!
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #58
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Has any one contacted airstream about maybe donating some door prizes for a raffle? I sure could use a couple Fantastic fans, some L.E.D. interior lighting upgrades, a couple tubes of sealant, a bag of Olympic rivets, and a new PAR pump. What do you think will they go for it?

I did not think so either, but the thought (brief as it was ) was nice.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
Old 02-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
You and me both, Mike. I was just looking at the fans last weekend. Being that we hope to do some a lot more boondockin' this year, it sure would be nice to have the fans when we can't run A/C.

Gary: got yer ears on? You mentioned that someone from Airstream was trying to contact you and I think you guys were playing voicemail tag. Anything ever come of that?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Draggin Wagin told me if you make an appointment at the Imlay City, Michigan factory, they will install the Fantastic Fans for free. Free is my favorite price.
Bill
"part of the "Forbidden Wheels Clubhouse Recon Team"

"Toast is a tool. It ain't Breakfast!"
Airdog is offline   Reply With Quote