Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
NOVA-fest Rally at Airstream

As we move forward with the process of forming NOVA, we felt a rally to allow founding and prospective members to get together would be appropriate.

What better place for the first meeting than at The Airstream Factory. This Rally is open to all who have an interest or even curiosity in what we are confident will be the newest WBCCI Unit. Even if you currently have no plans to join NOVA - we still welcome you to join us in Jackson Center.

The Rally dates are March 25, 26 and 27. Feel free to attend all or part of this event.

Airstream has agreed to host us at their Terra Port. For those of you that need service, this would be a great opportunity to join the Rally and also have your trailer serviced. As of this week the Service Department at Airstream has openings on Thursday and Friday. If you are planning service they ask that you please arrange that as soon as possible.

Here is the link for Service information: http://service.airstream.com/airstream-factory-service/index.html

The Factory Store will be open on Thursday and Friday. If you have not been there before I’m sure you will find some part or accessory that will be a must have.

If we receive enough attendees, Airstream has agreed to provide us with our own factory tour on the morning of the 26th.

We will need to provide Airstream a count of possible attendees as soon as possible. Sign up through the Rally Calendar - the cut off date will be February 17th.

We are excited about the formation of NOVA and thank everyone who has signed up as a member or associate member already.

More details will follow - please join us at this unique event.

Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Yes yes yes! We're in. We'll be Friday evening through Sunday morning unless we get the factory tour...then I'm taking a day off of work and we'll be there Thursday night!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Is anyone working on a rally logo to go on the forum page?
Old 01-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
NovaFest makes me think of the Star Wars bar scene.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paradox.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	94651  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Yay!

We will be there. Hopefully get there on Thurs. Sounds like fun! Jason, you will love the tour! Come on everyone! This will be a good time to get together AND see lots of Airstreams!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
bumping this

I just want to remind anyone who has been following the formation of NOVA that even though we had to start with OH as our geographic location of this unit, we are really all about drawing in ALL locations around the world. We hope that MI, IL, IN, PA, KY, TN folks are close enough to join and come to the rally, as well as those willing to join us from afar! This rally will be all about coming to JC to have fun!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 01-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
For those of you who have been to the Terra-Port before, what is it like?

I've seen references to campfires, so I'm assuming that we can have them. Is there a pavilion of some sort? I have tried to find some pictures, but I couldn't find anything. Is it set up like a normal campground? Is there grass? Bathhouses?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
There are loops of wagon wheel parking, each with perhaps 6 sites. All Trailers back up to the full hook-ups with their rears together at a center landscape circle. It is paved. There may be a table off to the side and there is a barbecue pit off to the side under the trees by the fence. The sites do not have firerings or tables and there is no bathhouse but the building has a lounge with seating, wi-fi, bathrooms, tv and free coffee and cocoa machine and the Airstream store. Animals are allowed inside the lounge. I will look for pictures.

photography
Old 01-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We were just checking things out on Google Maps w/ satellite view. Looks like 3 circles, yes? Either way, it appears that there's plenty of places to "overflow" to although that basically means parking next to the plant or in the employee parking lot late Friday or into Sat.

NO ONE is to mention free cocoa to Parker! If you do, then YOU will be the one trudging in there with him every hour to get another cup.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Here are a few. Alright mums the word to Parker about cocoa. There is plenty of space for overflow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9259.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	94709   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9263.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	94710  

Name:	IMG_9267.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	94711  

photography
Old 01-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Pictures of Jackson Center

Here are a few more snaps of the Airstream Terror port and Main Street, Jackson Center
When I was there it was very clean and well maintained!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jc1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	94713   Click image for larger version

Name:	jc3.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	94714  

Name:	jc4.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	94715   Click image for larger version

Name:	jc2.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	94716  

ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
facilities

The restrooms are inside the "store" area. There are no outside facilities and no shower house. Limited "yard" space, most is graveled or paved. In other words, no play area to speak of for the youngin's. It is pretty much a parking lot with hookups in wagon wheel shapes.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Actually, in the back is some grass to run around in. I believe a barbecue is also located back their with a couple of picnic tables.

It is possible that I may be able to provide a large shelter (heated) that would hold about 15 people. Not sure though.

I was wondering if we wanted to get a hold of a local restaurant to see about using a back room for a dinner Saturday night? Chances are good that weather is gonna be cold. Might be nice to have a place to sit around talk, and maybe have a couple of beers. Wonder if there's a bowling alley in town?
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
place to gather in the cold

I got a PDF file from Rich Luhr that gave us a great description of JC and the businesses and stuff there. I did not see a bowling alley listed there, nor on the town's website. Rich says that the Veranda restaurant is the one they like. He did not say whether they had a meeting room, or party room. Anyone been there???
There is a Wally Byam Memorial Park in town that is used on a first come, first served basis. It has two shelters with electricity, however they are probably just open sided. We could always rig a couple of tarps to stop the wind. I doubt there is competition for these during the winter months. LOL! Whether electricity is on in Mar. is a question too.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 01-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Lorrie and I finally ate at the Vernada in September after wanting to for a couple of years. It was nice - very upscale for such a small town. I don't think they are open 7 days a week because they were closed one time when we tried to go. Or maybe that has changed.

The mom & pop restaurant (can't remember the name) that used to be next to the Airstream front office was closed when we were there in September (maybe for good?). A Subway opened up in September right on the corner at the stop light. I think there may be a take out pizza place. That's about it in town. Someone told us that there is a restaurant on the other side of I-75 that people sometimes go to, but that'd be several miles away. We've never been there and I can't remember the name.

If time and schedule permits, try to take in whatever movie is showing in the old theater in town. We saw a first run movie there for only $3 or $4 each a couple of years ago.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Below from the Jackson Center website:

Village of Jackson Center, Ohio Eateries

Perhaps Joe is on to something?!?

Cafe Verandah
Established 2006
205 W. Pike Street
Jackson Center, Ohio 45334
(937) 596-6161
Lori Huffer, Owner

lahuffer@yahoo.com

Cafe Verandah provides fresh, health food. We can cater or deliver for a special occasion. We also have private rooms upstairs for your business meetings or your special gathering.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #17
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
Below from the Jackson Center website:

Village of Jackson Center, Ohio Eateries

Perhaps Joe is on to something?!?

Cafe Verandah
Established 2006
205 W. Pike Street
Jackson Center, Ohio 45334
(937) 596-6161
Lori Huffer, Owner

lahuffer@yahoo.com

Cafe Verandah provides fresh, health food. We can cater or deliver for a special occasion. We also have private rooms upstairs for your business meetings or your special gathering.
When I visited Airstream, Thor and Airstream brass could be heard lunching at Cafe Verandah. Nice place , but not open 7 days a week.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
As a last resort, someone who has time during the day *hint hint* could call the village council / office / whatever you call it and see what advice they can offer for a restaurant in town that can accommodate us other than Verandah.

Personally, I'm holding out for sitting around a campfire with a heavy jacket on with the kids inside the AS snug as a bug with the furnace on and the TV playing "Finding Nemo for the 235,631st time. But in case of truly lousy weather which is entirely possible at this time of year in Ohio, we need to have a backup plan.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I suppose the best thing to do would have been to research all this and then make one post, but I'm brainstorming...

I just called and listened to the answering machine message at Verandah. They are open 11am-3pm and 5-9pm on Friday and Sat., closed Sunday. So, this is definitely an option but they'd send us packing at 9 if we were still there.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #20
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
I'll bite.

How many should I say they would need to accommodate?