Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #121
4 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
ROCHESTER , New Hampshire
Please let the powers that be know you appreciate the live stream and archive

This is a link to the WBCCI forums asking for input of whether or not we appreciate the ability to listen to the unedited meeting live and archived.

Please consider posting a reply:

WBCCI Forum -

I know I appreciated being able to hear these and not have to a) wait for a report and b) maybe not get the right facts. It was great to hear them and to be able to be chatting with others here at the same time.

Cheers!

Kristine
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #122
3 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
Lebanon , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Roadschooler
WBCCI streaming

Thanks for the heads up on giving feedback to the WBCCI. I really appreciated being able to listen live and I was able to post on the WBCCI forums my thanks.

My husband was in the "air" chat room during the IBT meeting yesterday and was keeping his own tally too.

I have started to re-listen to the meetings more carefully now and am thankful for the archived content also.

On a side note; I've read the WBCCI Constitution and have started on the By-Laws, a little light reading for a Sunday .
Roadschooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #123
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I am wondering about the "rules" that Don ststed and thet legal or diciplanary action" would be taken if the rules were violated. I have been poking through both Georga and Ohio revised statutes and some web sites on open meeting rules, you know - for non profit 501(c)(3) and (4) clubs and groups. As a public charitable and/or non-profit corporation I do not believe that these meetings can be denied being publically posted. In fact, if that were the case, all of the audio we have posted at Save Wally should have been enough to get us all in trouble. But they have never asked us to remove it or told us to cease publishing it. No - I do not think they can do that.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #124
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rseagle
I joined WBCCI just to go camping with other Airstreamers. I'm not into all this political crap, Parlimentary procedures and wearing dorky little blue berets!

Yeah, but we can stay away from threads like this! Kinda like watching a good football game.....

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #125
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
I am wondering about the "rules" that Don ststed and thet legal or diciplanary action" would be taken if the rules were violated. I have been poking through both Georga and Ohio revised statutes and some web sites on open meeting rules, you know - for non profit 501(c)(3) and (4) clubs and groups. As a public charitable and/or non-profit corporation I do not believe that these meetings can be denied being publically posted. In fact, if that were the case, all of the audio we have posted at Save Wally should have been enough to get us all in trouble. But they have never asked us to remove it or told us to cease publishing it. No - I do not think they can do that.
Not sure, can not put my finger on it - but there have been long standing non-profit rules on "Mechanically" recorded meeting minutes. They have traditionally been hand written and typed and then only the Motions are recorded in the official minute book of all corporations - this "old" time rule could very well still be in play from the legal system as opposed to that of wbcci.

But then what does it matter??? you have 30 days to listen to the meetings business and motions - so listen, absorb and then take whatever action you feel turns your pie plate
...or just file it away.

At least this WAS a great step in the RIGHT direction ( to involve more members- period) Many many many wbcci members were able to listen to the business meeting involving an extremely important motion, whereas last year with an equally as important motion - we did not have an avenue to listen unless we attended. We had to wait for so many mixed reports to come back to the forums or wait for unit newsletters with their own takes on what happened at the various meetings.

this is a great step and for once I think we should appreciate some of the obvious effort although small it is an effort!!!

Thanks IBT and HQ for setting it up - and thanks for those here at the forum for letting us know it was happening....(as we get our BB about 2 months after everyone else!!! (But that is no excuss as I do have access to the wbcci.org site....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #126
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
I am wondering about the "rules" that Don ststed and thet legal or diciplanary action" would be taken if the rules were violated. I have been poking through both Georga and Ohio revised statutes and some web sites on open meeting rules, you know - for non profit 501(c)(3) and (4) clubs and groups. As a public charitable and/or non-profit corporation I do not believe that these meetings can be denied being publically posted.
Correct me if I am wrong, but WBCCI is NOT a non-profit or charitable organization and as such may have it's own by-laws and regulations.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #127
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Correct me if I am wrong, but WBCCI is NOT a non-profit or charitable organization and as such may have it's own by-laws and regulations.

Directory - p24 Sec 1 - Sorry your are mistaken - We would be a Not-for Profit corporation.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #128
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Directory - p24 Sec 1 - Sorry your are mistaken - We would be a Not-for Profit corporation.
So that would mean that my dues and my time volunteered to the rallies and the window decals my company does for all the units are tax-deductable? Then the gas and food and tolls used to attend a rally are also? How cool!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #129
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Ummm thats not how it works.... they are organized under 501(c)(4) of the IRS code - which means they are a social club - not a charity, but exempt from paying tax...

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 07-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #130
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Ummm thats not how it works.... they are organized under 501(c)(4) of the IRS code - which means they are a social club - not a charity, but exempt from paying tax...

Ken J.
Don't you just love it when a CPA throws a wrench into a perfectly good plan.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #131
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I did a search some time ago on the IRS database and the club is not listed as being a 501 anything. They are however registered an a not for profit business in the state of Ohio. The original filing was on June 21, 1957 and is still active.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #132
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Ken is right - there is a second designation that you apply for once you have your NP papers - you can if you choose to register as a Charity - but I do not know if back then they would have qualified. And would not today either.

However do not mistake - a surplus or "reserve" funds as being "profit" as it is NOT.

Some may think of lowering fees when they heard the 1.something in the bank - that is the biggest mistake any club can do.

They should however use more of our funds to meet more of the members needs.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #133
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
OK, help me out here, since our wedding was an official WBCCI Rally, our wedding expenses are also tax deductable? This is getting better and better after each post!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 07-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #134
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
OK, help me out here, since our wedding was an official WBCCI Rally, our wedding expenses are also tax deductable? This is getting better and better after each post!
Nice try!!!

Being an official event just means that it is sanctioned - and not an official Board Function.

Besides it is the organization that benefits from the deductables in their expense to facilitate activities - not the members already benefiting from the activities.

Gotta luv you people always looking for a buck! Guess you are getting ready for the long marriage of "Honey I want..... and Honey can have.....Rick there is no easy way you just have to work for the rest of your life now to pay for your wife!!!

oooopss forgot to add - Just ask Peter

Additional note - Sandi - get this fella of yours trained right early
Old 07-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #135
Certifiable

. , .
So is your Safari!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #136
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Nice try

I thought the Bride's family always paid for the wedding...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #137
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
None of that matters to Don, he makes the laws as goes along to suit his own needs.

Do you really think if those recordings are republished after 30 days they would even know it!

Download them now, Freedom of Speech is still alive reguardless of DON"S laws.

Let's just hope the new leaders can see the forest.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #138
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Rick,

I think any expenses incurred after the wedding ...house...cars...new Airstream...should be covered since your union was performed at the rally...

just a thought!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #139
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Richard

The IRS would not publish social clubs - they only list charitable organizations (under 501(c)(3) - for those of you keeping track - and if we are getting really technical, I realize I misspoke above - the WBCCI is a 501(c)(7) - don't know what I was thinking.....)

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally