Old 09-04-2003, 08:59 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

We also received "The Call" from Airstream. Funny, they still don't have a date for the Spring, 2004, Rally --- just "sometime".

I'm all for meeting in Ohio! Problem we have is we are leaving Texas next Wed for NY,NJ (we both have our 50th class reunions) and planned to attend the Airstream rally on our way back to Texas. We will not have access to this forum while we are gone, so if a rallly is put together, we would not know about it. Maybe someone can furnish us with a phone number and we can call later in the month??

"If you plan it, We shall come!!"

Sorry, no time to make anything for you guys this trip ---

Don

Old 09-04-2003, 11:37 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Happening in Ohio?

If we can get five to come, we'll put it together.
What kinds of things are you interested in seeing?
Have a lead and discounts to Wright Patterson Air Force Museum.
Possible arrival dates, better weekdays or weekend or a whole 5 days or only 3 days? What dates (be specific) would you like to do this? Shall we keep this Sept. 30 - Oct 5?

Larry & Lou

Old 09-04-2003, 11:54 AM   #45
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I may be out. I am thinking of trading up to a Safari. If I do, I won't be able to come down since I will either be getting the rig or still shopping to see if I can get what I am looking for.....

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 01:27 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
"im ticked" i rearranged my schedule to go to this and now after they have had my money for a month they cancel. if i canceled today they would hit me for $125 . i have called the center twice and i dont get the person i get her answering service. never received a letter .
got her she is not happy but i feel better. i ask if they were going to refund a credit plus a bonus . as we were going to get a hit if we canceled. im sorry doesnt get it. didnt get a good reason why they canceled. what a rinky dink operation.
2004 classic 28 WB , Pro Pride P-3 hitch
centramatics wheel ballancers 300-556
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 06:18 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Thumbs down

When I called A/S (Linda) she asked if I wanted my money refunded or applied to the Spring Homecoming. Asked her for the date & ? was the reply. We told her to refund the money, as we will need more info b/4 we sign up again. I also asked why they cancelled & she said something about some people that wanted to come, could not. So---------?. Also she said kinda as an after thought that there were not to many signed up. I think that's probably the correct answer. What an operation!!!! & they make A/S ??? I/m really P@@@@@!
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 07:20 PM   #48
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
, Ohio
Just so everyone knows, the Homecoming Festival has been postponed from the October date to sometime in the Spring/Summer of 2004. The exact date will be posted soon.

There were lots of people registered for the event but the company's attempt to shoehorn it into this year's established schedule made it very difficult for too many other people to attend.

If you haven't already been contacted by the company, please call Andrea Davis at 937-596-6111 to discuss it further with her. She will offer to either completely refund your original registration fee or to hold it for next year's event and refund you $50 as one of the early registrants. (a good deal for next year)

Thanks for your understanding!

This is taken from the Airstream.com forums..
Old 09-04-2003, 07:34 PM   #49
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Question

Jp---not quite the same as I was told.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 07:53 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Shall we plan a "happening" in OH anyway?

Please let us know how many of you are still interested in a campout in OH anyway. We will do the planning if you all want to come. If enough are still interested we can go forward.

Lou and Larry
Old 09-04-2003, 08:09 PM   #51
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
You know, things happen. I understand how upset some folks are and that is totally normal. I don't think there was a consp going on. I've talked with the folks several times at Airstream over the past few months. They are just like you and I. The get busy, they get things wrong, they are human. I know we all hold them to a higher standard and maybe that's right and maybe that's wrong.

I trust that if they cancel, they will refund all your money. If not, that would be not quite legal.

If not now, at some point it will happen.

I'm not defending them, but who knows what could have happened. For all we know perhaps we 30 somethings that are now way into it, could not get our kids out of school for it. Maybe logistically something happened. In the end, it will all work out.

Chin up...cowboys don't pout....of course if monies are not refunded, then that is wrong...but from my take, they are refunding...so chin up....

Regards,

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 09-04-2003, 10:46 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Gad!

I'm floored. I was really hyped for this event and planned a lot of other travel around it. Now I just feel like the rug got pulled out from under me. I just read a thread on the company's own site in the groans or applause forum and am dismayed at the quality control issues AS seems to be having. It's disgraceful, and disillusioning.

Forrest
Old 09-05-2003, 08:22 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
like i said im ticked. if the turn out wasnt enough say so and that i understand and i think every one will. but to meally mouth the reason for the cancellation is uncalled for. i think someone is trying to salvage their job . it wasnt advertised at all untill aug and then they put it in the beret, should have been in the beret from may till now.
airstream breached their contract with the participants and should come clean or legal action should be initiated. in alabama you dont conduct business this way. my two cents someone else can have the soap box.
2004 classic 28 WB , Pro Pride P-3 hitch
centramatics wheel ballancers 300-556
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 08:29 AM   #54
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I understand the frustration. I know plans were made on and around this date. However, if Airstream cancels, they really don't need to give reasons, especially if they refund all the monies paid.

I'm no lawyer, but in my looking at this, I didn't see any contracts that were signed. They simply said more or less, we're having a party. If you like to join us, here is the cost. Those that paid and planned on it are upset and that's normal. But to claim legal action....I'm not sure what case could be made as long as all monies were returned.

From what I have read on this forum and the Airstream site, they have given contact info on how to get your money back or a bank it option.

Eric

PS- And no, I don't work for Thor or Airstream!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:57 AM   #55
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Giving up??

We would still like to see a bunch of you show up in Ohio. It can be a Forums rally.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:13 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
I'm out

I simply can't justify that long a trip now that the Homecoming has evaporated. I'll probably substitute a trip to West texas and New Mexico.

Too bad ... I was really looking forward to the event.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote