Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #41
Rivet Master

62Overlander,

You would be correct, the WDCU is about 80% Vintage and most do park Vintage. At this time, not sure on the number of WDCU members going to International. I'm still currently on the fence, long way, little time.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:25 AM   #42
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Hey its the Prez... right on! I have heard that you are one fun guy... Paul it is only 2231 from my door to BoZeman. It is a long way to go, but that is why I got into this. I have looked at a map and figure it to be four days, allowing time to stop at some roadside oddities, natural wonders, and the free tour of the Mother Ship of course. Paul, we will need your leadership there. I have been reading that our club has been getting somewhat stiff, that many have forgotten that it is all about having fun. The reason we come together is so we can all have fun together. This is what the WDCU is known for and we need to help loosen the rest club up. We need you Paul...
Sorry if this thread was hijacked... It started as a suggestion box type thing, so here is mine. A newbie orientation packet. I found a PDF on the WBCCI site about arriving at the rally and how to proceed to being parked, but not much else. Maybe there is something like this at the rally, I don't know but I will find out. I seem to be learning a lot as we go...
Someone also suggested free space for vendors, I think cheap space for vendors would be more appropriate. My bother- in - law puts on rib festivals all around the country. He told me that the venues are always trying to put it to the vendors. The venue wants to squeeze every drop out of them that they can. The vendors have been getting fewer and fewer over the years so he instituted a change. The venue gets a flat fee that is reasonable and the vendors can come and actually make a few dollars. This has been one of the most profitable years ever for everyone. I would love to go to the Inland RV tent and the Vintage Trailer Supply tent and drool over all the goodies. Maybe some vendors might even give stuff away if they can make a little bit.
Another rally idea I have is like a barn raising. Some folks out there remember when there use to be farms. Some even remember when they had barns, and they were made of wood. Back in the old days all the neighbors would help each-other out. When someone needed a new barn everyone would come together and put it up in a day. Why couldn't this concept work with polishing? Get 100 people to each give 1 hour of their time. If 10 people worked together and then switched to 10 new people, it would only take 10 hours, not 100 hours to polish a trailer. In 5 days we could polish at least 5 trailers. If everyone gave 2 hours, we might be able to get a lot of trailers done. What's 1 hour? Most people reading this will spend that much time and more in traffic this coming week. So everyone come on over to the 1962 Overlander with the sexy patina and lets test out how strong our commitment to each-other really is.

p
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #43
S.S.SLOAN

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Belgrade , Montana
newbie here

Hello all, we are about to go get our Airstream MH from my parents out of state. Hopefully by the time you have this rally in Bozeman we will have a little experience in the motorhome. We happen to live in Bozeman and would love to come but I'm confused - is this open to the public or must we join a membership of some sort? I see this mentioned under two different threads/sections. One looks as if it's for forum members, the other for your WBCCI members. Around when is this going to be held in2008?
s.s.sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:29 AM   #44
4 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
Canton , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeysor
I lived 2 hours from Perry and still decided not to go for a couple of reasons:

1) I know rules help keep order, but it seemed to me that a new person would never be able to keep up with all the rules and orders. I was very put off by the blue beret's list of rules.
2) lack of family events. I have seen a number of posts that talk about music and events that facilitate meeting other members. That is key to a family.
3) Ability to go for a shorter period of time. I saw this suggestion mentioned, but it is key for working families.
4) Recreation areas for kids. Playgrounds, hiking, fishing, biking, etc.

Thanks for asking for suggestions. It is time to start growing this club again!
Thanks for proving my point I posted a little while ago at: Airstream Forums - View Single Post - Tuxedos Mandated In Bozeman!
dmreilly10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.s.sloan
Hello all, we are about to go get our Airstream MH from my parents out of state. Hopefully by the time you have this rally in Bozeman we will have a little experience in the motorhome. We happen to live in Bozeman and would love to come but I'm confused - is this open to the public or must we join a membership of some sort? I see this mentioned under two different threads/sections. One looks as if it's for forum members, the other for your WBCCI members. Around when is this going to be held in2008?
ss,

What year is the motorhome? The events at the International are restricted to members of WBCCI who have paid the rally fee. The Vintage Open House is open to the general public. The date of the open house has not been set. Watch here or at Airstream.net (the Vintage Airstream Club web site) for the date. The dates of the International are June 28 to July 4.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #46
S.S.SLOAN

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Belgrade , Montana
It's an 87. Thanks for the dates. We will be camping at our family reunion around that time - possibly nearby, possibly out of state. I would love to attend the open house! Not sure if we are ready for membership in the wbcci since we are just about to get the motorhome but I'd love to say hello and get a feel for the group. I hope everyone enjoys Bozeman as much as we do - that's the whole reason for the Airstream purchase. We hate having to go back home after a fun day exploring and would love to stay weekends at all the nearby attractions!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.s.sloan
It's an 87. Thanks for the dates. We will be camping at our family reunion around that time - possibly nearby, possibly out of state. I would love to attend the open house! Not sure if we are ready for membership in the wbcci since we are just about to get the motorhome but I'd love to say hello and get a feel for the group. I hope everyone enjoys Bozeman as much as we do - that's the whole reason for the Airstream purchase. We hate having to go back home after a fun day exploring and would love to stay weekends at all the nearby attractions!
ss,

There is a unit in Wyoming, I know nothing about them. There is a very active, vintage oriented unit in Denver, I have met a few of them. They will be there and if you have the opportunity to come by, please say hi. I should be easy to find, the only Lincoln Continental tow vehicle at the rally and in the Vintage parking area.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 09-18-2007, 11:11 AM   #48
S.S.SLOAN

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Belgrade , Montana
Thanks for the welcome!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #49
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
HI all, ill be out there in my with my dads 97 Limited 30ft. My caravel is staying home for this one!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:25 PM   #50
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic S/O
St. Helens , Oregon
We shall be attending Bozman International, God willing. Only other International we've attended is 2006 in Salem, OR. We were impressed with the set-up in Salem, enough so that we intend to volunteer to help out. Wife would like to help out with quilters' activities and see about putting together a time for knitters to get together. I think they call it a "stitch and bitch" time. Can I say that here? Jim Lewis, just back from Pendleton RoundUp ralley and eager for more.
James Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Bozeman , Montana
This whole discussion makes me nervous

Being a newcomer (2007 Saf 25SE) and living in Bozeman, this discussion makes me nervous about even attending, much less joining the WBCCI. The thread about the Tux's and the oval office even more so. "If that's all there is, then lets' keep dancing".

Maybe there are enough members that are happy with things as is, that the noises made by others are not important. And a shrinking club may be ok with the management as long as they can continue receiving "honors" and have enough loyalists surrounding them. I have seen that in other large organizations. And the WBCCI brochure looks less interesting.
"Its better to light just one candle than to curse the darkness,
Unless you're blinded by the light..."
hshovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshovic
Being a newcomer (2007 Saf 25SE) and living in Bozeman, this discussion makes me nervous about even attending, much less joining the WBCCI. The thread about the Tux's and the oval office even more so. "If that's all there is, then lets' keep dancing".

Maybe there are enough members that are happy with things as is, that the noises made by others are not important. And a shrinking club may be ok with the management as long as they can continue receiving "honors" and have enough loyalists surrounding them. I have seen that in other large organizations. And the WBCCI brochure looks less interesting.
Hank,

Park wherever they put you and come by and say hi to the VAC group. I am easy to find, the only Lincoln Continental and our 1954 Double Door Liner. The VAC group is great and we will talk to more modern units. I am sure that there are other fine, fun units also, get in touch with the Denver unit. The tuxs are only for the installation ceremony and only for the IBT members. We are really a relaxed group, come by and say hi evem if you decide not to join.

A friend of mine on a Ford list came by in Salem and had a great time.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 11-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #53
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Bozeman , Montana
Bill,
Thanks for the invite! I will be stopping by. Seems a bit much to park there, since I live a block away...

Hank
Old 11-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Hank. Any possibilities of you posting pictures of the grounds and the area?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:55 AM   #55
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Bozeman , Montana
Wheeler,
Good idea. I will get a few. Of course it is in winter.
Will it be at the same location per usual? Montana State University?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Summer Temps in Bozeman?

Looks like we will make Bozeman our 2nd International. This one will be a little farther than the 170 miles to Perry! We loved having 30 Amp service in Perry, and couldn't have survived without it (neither of us grew up in GA, and haven't grown used to it in 20+ years here).

We are trying to decide if the price for 30 Amp in Bozeman is worth it. If the summer nights are as cool as weather.com indicates, we may not need it. Any ideas?

Matt
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Bozeman , Montana
Bozeman Weather

from Bozeman,
Summers can be warm, but it often snows about July 1. And anytime in June!

Summers, however, have lately been smoky, so prepare for that.
Last summer we had smoke so bad there was a health alert.

In July nights cool off just fine.

But hard to say with global warming. Last year was record heat in the
summer.

Bozeman has a fun downtown area. And a lot of close-in hiking.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #58
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
So, is there going to be things going on at the rally? Like any parties, or dinners or anything?

Old 01-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
So, is there going to be things going on at the rally? Like any parties, or dinners or anything?
Happy hour every night at the VAC tent. There are other orgainized activities, the preliminary schedule should be posted on the WBCCI site, at least it was in previous years.

Somewhere I have a prior year schedule as a PDF and if I can find it, I will post it. You might be able to find one in the Salem threads, one was posted by InsideOut.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 01-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #60
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Well, I have a Vintage Airstream, however, im not taking it to Bozeman, Im going with my father, who has a 1997 30Ft Limited. Is the party open to thoes who wont be in the Vintage area, or bringing their Vintage?