Old 04-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #407
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Well Ladies, Holly and I and our Dad worked all day on the trailers. But Im almost good to go, still a bit more work and on thursday Ill be at the Park with Steph, cant wait to see everyone!!!!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #408
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I wish I was caravanning with you and Steph, Laura! Take pictures to show us will you?

Lou here is the campground map. The walk to the shower house isn't far if we stay in either of the first two loops even if we stay at the end by the road. I have been walking Orie to drier ground to play frisbe and it's an easy walk on a nice paved road. The shower house is located between site 28 and 109.

I drove around the rest of the campground today. Being strung out in a long line is no good. And being divided by the road is no advantage. We might want to take two inner rows so that we back up to each other and make a tighter square (6 Airstreams on each row) with the good grass in the center to use to gather together. The sites are higher and greener and drier closer to the road that leads into the campground and the rows go downhill towards the water basically. It's pretty there too, and gets lighter use. It crosses to more grassy areas and trees and it's quiet up there with no one else. It was busy down by the water on the weekend today.

Laura, how about you and Steph call me when you get here and pull your rigs into the visitor parking and I will pick you up and drive you through the campground so you can scope it out and pick an area before you sign up?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glmap.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	58722  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #409
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Great photos and campground recon Carol!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:44 AM   #410
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
Carol-
Thanks for the great pictures! It is going to be very hard going to work this week and trying to concentrate!! Hard at work on the camper- can't wait to get there!

Steph-
Thanks for making the cling- ons. That reminds me of a joke....I hope I don't get scolded for this one ....

What does toilet paper and the startrek enterprise have in common?

They both circle Uranus in search of cling-ons.......

PEACE!

Holly
silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #411
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Sure carol, Ill call you when we get there, NP, that sounds good, I just want an end lot so I can face the door to the front of the lot, instead of the side of my lot, my trailer is so short, I can get away with that!!!

Holly, I dont know where you get these jokes from, but dont get anymore LOL!!! Just joking with ya!!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:26 AM   #412
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
I can't believe that you don't like my joke.....

PEACE!

Holly
silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #413
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
OK OK - signing up for food!

Taco bar- Friday
layered dip and chips- Carol
ground beef taco meat and cheddar cheese-Carol
Quesadilla Press, Green Pepper and Onion-Laura
Veggie taco meat and avocado/ potato salsa- Holly (moon)
Quesadilla press /large flour tortillas/pico de gallo (not hot)/salsa (hot)/shredded chicken for quesadillas Steph
Taco Bake and Tortilla Chips (CTDAIR)

Potluck-Saturday
chicken wings- Carol
BBQ Cocktail hotdogs-Laura
Veggie chili- Holly (moon)
bread and quiche Steph
Peanut Butter Pie and Pie Iron Pies(CTDAIR)
Sugar cookies - Brock!

Breakfast-Saturday?
Egg and sausage skillet- Carol
Bread and Toaster, Milk-Laura
breakfast potatoes- Holly (moon)
blueberry/lemon scones/real butter/strong coffee Steph
Homemade Peach Jam,Bagels and Cream Cheese Spread(CTDAIR)
Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #414
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hi Everyone...Made it to Ohio in one piece with all parts still on the trailer..

I Arrived and I'm ALIVE!!!

Great Pics Carol - drooling wish I was already there and settled.

If I have to set up camp and break down camp one more time in a rolling tin tent - someone will have to commit me - or put me in a rubber room.

Two big dogs coming out of winter and a 4 day spring turnover means massive hair loss inside the LadyBug!!!

So...we were delayed a 1.5 days from the beginning and it has carried through the whole planned trip.. so we skipped NY Allegany State Park ended up in James Town NY Home of Lucile Ball Yeah!!! Long Long Trailer and ended up at 1:30am with no plans so found the Sams club Parking lot after a huge stressful LATE departure a welcome overnight spot - did not care where we were just wanted to sleep!!!

Headed to a change in venue to be closer to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame -so we stayed at the Punderson State Park in Ohio. Just like Carol we had rain on the weekend but it cleared Sunday evening. Park very small very quaint - and quiet just what we ordered!! with showers!! Perfect

Had been on the go non stop - Sunday afternoon was spent at the R&R H of F - worth the trip if you are into that sort of thing...lots of old guitars, 45's and lyrics written on napkins - with amazing stage costumes donated over the years, cars, motorcycles and other parafinalia from Billy Holliday to Madona - read a cute letter to her friend in University - hmm U of M of all places who would have guessed!!!

Girls were in the car and it just turned sunny as we were coming out so perfect timing before the car started to heat up.

Then our task was to find a camping world to get the new AC shroud - don't ask......we did not do too well

The roads down here with no gps and an old walmart map tee hee - just boggle the mind - so big, so vast, so much geography - amazing!!!

Spent the morning housecleaning!!! yep you heard that right - priorities!!! I hate mess and will not move if I see mess - so the DH had to be patient with me this morning.

Then it was off to camping world again - don't go there... found it, bought some stuff but not what we went there for (Brunswick is closed and the new one in Akron will be fab when finished but no stock right now...

Now made it into the Terra port at dusk today - whipped up some Monte Cristos, Corona Beer - and the INTERNET! have been off the grid since Friday - wow....I survived this long with out it Just catching up after a very late dinner - and having a nice coffee with Carolans (like Baily's) I know Laura you don't like that stuff remember tee hee...

Picking up all our parts tomorrow and then will be heading to the Rally site.

I thought we had enough stuff with us now - I have no idea where we will put all these parts we have bought...

Sorry it is so long.....

Silvermoon - your joke is GREAT!!! also one of Peter's faves' - we are Star Trek fans - well not nutzo kind but have all the feature movies and watched all the different series over the years.... and see there is a new one coming out - can not wait to see what they have up their sleeve.....

PS Laura - we have made it thus far and have eaten a few of the Kit Kats we brought - so hopefully we will have enough when you arrive....
Old 04-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #415
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
YAY SHARON!!!!! Cant wait to see you again!

Old 04-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #416
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Hey Sharon glad you made it safely! Looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday!

Laura I changed my mind again, I'm gonna make sweet potato pancakes for breakfast Sat this time I'm not changing it again...
I've got a paper bag full of newspapers to help start the fire.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #417
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Great, thats Steph, one less thing I need to remember, I guess we have a new person coming to the rally, YAY!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #418
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Great I have all the signs/magnets made except for Overdrawn's and the new person's....please pm me folks!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #419
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Caravel is all packed and ready to rally!!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #420
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
packed up

We are all packed up except for the food items which go in tomorrow. I will be shopping and baking and pulling all of that together. Larrita still has to pack duds. I am trying to find a crochet project to throw in and then we will be ready to roll on Thursday. Yay!!!!!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote