Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #81
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Hi everybody,
I probably will not go off property of HH on Saturday. If anyone wants to, I will lead a hike in the morning on the trails of the park. There are two waterfalls and a cave to see . Most of the trails are like roads and can be done in less than an hour if you don't stop to take to many pictures. The back trail is a little steep in places and more primitive.
SEC football that weekend is FL verses Tenn and Alabama verses Arkansas. The afternoon is filled.
Maggie, if you are not going off maybe you can teach me how to do the dutch ovens.
Look forward to seeing everybody.
Joe
Old 08-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We'll be in on Thursday, so whatever we do I'm sure there will be time to share what we know about dutch ovens.

Maggie
Old 08-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #83
1 Rivet Member

Matthews , North Carolina
Hello Everyone,
I am a "rookie" Airstreamer. I just bought my 2002 Safari about month ago. We camped in it once so far and just made a reservation at HH for the 15th,16th, and 17th.
After making the reservation, I came across this thread on the forums. You all sound like a lot of nice folks. Maybe I'll see you there.
HH looks like a really nice place. I'm looking forward to visiting the area.

Bill
Pappyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #84
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Really glad to have you join us Bill. Welcome to the forums and HH.
See you there,
Joe
Old 08-31-2012, 12:05 AM   #85
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappyq View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am a "rookie" Airstreamer. I just bought my 2002 Safari about month ago. We camped in it once so far and just made a reservation at HH for the 15th,16th, and 17th.

Bill
Hi Bill,
We're newbies ourselves. This will be our first time camping with other Streamers. We look forward to meeting you.

Pete and Phyllis
TV 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Mega Cab Diesel 4x4
Re-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #86
1 Rivet Member

Matthews , North Carolina
Thanks for the kind welcome. See you at HH.
Bill
Pappyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #87
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ummmmm, Terry?

Could we have a mini how-to seminar on disassembling and cleaning Fantastic Fans? Is that possible?

If not, any tips from attendees would be appreciated.

Maggie
Old 08-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #88
4 Rivet Member

1995 34' Excella
Corinth , Mississippi
We camped there one night, July 31, and were treated royally. We arrived in the afternoon late and were quickly invited to have a meal in the club house. The meal was delicious and the hospitality great. The scenery of Airstreams and countryside was wonderful. They were expecting people to start arriving the following day for a rally but our schedule was pressing and the park was to be filled, so we hit the road the next morning. I'm sure all who attend will have a great time.
TAC # MS-8
Hodum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #89
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Ummmmm, Terry?

Could we have a mini how-to seminar on disassembling and cleaning Fantastic Fans? Is that possible?

If not, any tips from attendees would be appreciated.

Maggie
Mmmmaybe...
Old 08-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #90
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Mmmmaybe...
I am in for that. I can take anything apart but sometimes struggle getting it back together! My screens for the FF are really dirty. But not so you would notice in case any body looks. Could use a little help Terry.
Joe
Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #91
1 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Smith Mountain Lake , Virginia
Bluegrass at Floyd Country Store

Just a little info for those of you that have never been to Floyd on a Friday night. The Country Store is open all day and has some simple but very good food on the menu - like grilled cheese and tomato soup, pulled pork bbq.

The music starts at 6:30pm with a gospel group and then there are two bands after that at 7:30 and 9pm. The place fills in a hurry, so it is a good idea to think about getting to town around 4:30 when the $5 tickets go on sale, get a bite to eat at the store or one of several other restaurants within 2 blocks, and then get a seat before the music starts.

It is about a 20+ minute drive from HH to Floyd.

If you come later than about 6pm it is usually standing room only. However walking around the store is a treat as well and they stay open til 11pm on Friday nites.

Looking forward to meeting you all. We can provide a hot appetizer for the pot luck on Saturday.

Jim & Denise Pilversack
EscapePod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #92
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus
I am in for that. I can take anything apart but sometimes struggle getting it back together! My screens for the FF are really dirty. But not so you would notice in case any body looks. Could use a little help Terry.
Joe
We remove the screen and wash it regularly, it's the blades and other bits&pieces that really need a scrubbing. .

Maggie
Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #93
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Does not look like every coming has signed up. You can do it here.Airstream Forums - Virginia Highland Haven - Casual

Here is a couple of pictures of the Highland Haven Sunsets we took a couple of weeks ago. I wish we were there today. It is really hot and humid in Florida.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1847.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	167223   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1854.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	167224  

Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #94
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
We remove the screen and wash it regularly, it's the blades and other bits&pieces that really need a scrubbing. .

Maggie
I usually use a product such as black streak remover, and spray it on the fan blades, wipe them, then rinse them off with a spray bottle of water. Place a good-sized towel underneath to catch the drippings.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #95
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
I usually use a product such as black streak remover, and spray it on the fan blades, wipe them, then rinse them off with a spray bottle of water. Place a good-sized towel underneath to catch the drippings.
Ummm, that sounds very messy.

I envisioned immersing these filthy fan parts in hot, soapy water. Is it not possible to take this apart from the inside and wash it?

Doug is afraid to try it. (I'm the fool who tends to rush in......). So, I look at it and hate it.

I really thought this could be done, we just needed to know how. ???

Maggie
Old 09-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #96
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Ummm, that sounds very messy.

I envisioned immersing these filthy fan parts in hot, soapy water. Is it not possible to take this apart from the inside and wash it?

Doug is afraid to try it. (I'm the fool who tends to rush in......). So, I look at it and hate it.

I really thought this could be done, we just needed to know how. ???

Maggie
The fan blade is not meant to come off. The motor assembly is hard wired into the base, so any careful immersion ( to keep the motor dry) would require cutting and splicing wires.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #97
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
We would be two of the Airstreamers who hadn't RSVP'd, but I just completed that. Well, I said this will be our first rally....................sorry, but I just didn't think of it.

We are planning to pack Thursday night, and leave here by 9am or earlier, stopping for breakfast. We don't know how long the drive will be, but we are guesstimating 5-6 hrs., so hoping to be there by 3pm. Is there a check-in time that we can't get in before?

Paula, are you still looking for another DO? If so, I have an extra footed DO you can use while there if you'd like. Just let me know and I'll bring it along; it is a little larger one (a Lodge).

Thanks, AirHeadsRus, for the reminder.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #98
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63

The fan blade is not meant to come off. The motor assembly is hard wired into the base, so any careful immersion ( to keep the motor dry) would require cutting and splicing wires.
Well, okay then. I'll try it your way. You buy black streak remover at someplace like autozone?

Thanks for the info.

Maggie
Old 09-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #99
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cruiser View Post
We would be two of the Airstreamers who hadn't RSVP'd, but I just completed that. Well, I said this will be our first rally....................sorry, but I just didn't think of it.

Deb
Deb,
I beat you signing up by a whopping 2 hours and 8 minutes so I was a little slow myself. I did not know the RSVP was up there until I looked this afternoon.
Joe
Old 09-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #100
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Well, okay then. I'll try it your way. You buy black streak remover at someplace like autozone?

Thanks for the info.

Maggie
Umm, actually I get it at a place like Out Of Doors Mart...
Seriously, what we use is one of two products, depending on how grungy and greasy the fan is. I either use a product called Reliable1, or RV-Do. Available at finer RV supply stores everywhere...