Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
How 'bout the rv place in 29 Palms near the marine base..Steve says doorgunner can go out in the dessert and shoot his spud gun!
Is this the RV place you were thinking about Codybear?
http://www.29palmsgolf.com/

I'm all for SoCal in winter(warmer) and NorCal in summer(cooler). I don't care what you call it, let's rally!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:06 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowolf
Is this the RV place you were thinking about Codybear?
http://www.29palmsgolf.com/

I'm all for SoCal in winter(warmer) and NorCal in summer(cooler). I don't care what you call it, let's rally!
Hi slowolf,

I'm not sure if that's the same one we stayed in several years ago..I think it had golfing on the course..lots of 'snowbirds' were there, I remember they had
entertainment (a la Frank Sinatra) crooning in one of the buildings..they also had breakfast (doughnuts and coffee) you could buy for a couple of bucks!..I'll have to go look through my photo albums..but the weather was nice there..high desert area!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Hi Neil,

Like anything else, so many options, hard to choose and please everyone, from the North to the Central to the South of CA, huh??.

I've never been to Cassini, where is that?..
Cassini is at the mouth of the Russian River just inland from Jenner. I camped there before the 70s and it was a really nice campground then. It was a little warmer than the coast even though it couldn't be but 2-3 miles from the ocean. I don't really care where there would be a rally but for now and the Spring we can't venture too far. We are most fortunate that we live where there are many choices and unfortunate that it is difficult too choose among all these choices.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by anholman
Cassini is at the mouth of the Russian River just inland from Jenner. I camped there before the 70s and it was a really nice campground then. It was a little warmer than the coast even though it couldn't be but 2-3 miles from the ocean. I don't really care where there would be a rally but for now and the Spring we can't venture too far. We are most fortunate that we live where there are many choices and unfortunate that it is difficult too choose among all these choices.
Neil.
Neil,

I love Jenner and that area!..we always stop there for lunch on our way to Pt. Arena and Manchester w/our Safari..we watch the sea lions basking on the shore..is that a county park?..does it have enough space for the larger a/s as well as facilities?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:54 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Neil,

I love Jenner and that area!..we always stop there for lunch on our way to Pt. Arena and Manchester w/our Safari..we watch the sea lions basking on the shore..is that a county park?..does it have enough space for the larger a/s as well as facilities?
Visit www.casini.com
Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 10-26-2006, 10:02 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Visit www.casini.com
Neil
Hi Neil,

I clicked on that link, and got a Las Vegas page???
Old 10-26-2006, 10:04 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Hi Neil,

I clicked on that link, and got a Las Vegas page???
Never mind, I typed in casini and got the right link..thnx..
Old 10-27-2006, 12:14 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
Cassini is in Duncan's Mills

which is inland from Jenner a few miles, and they have a really really good bakery there! It's an old logging/railhead town, with stuff for visitors to see.

Someone had also posted about a place near Tomales, which would be Olema campground.

Peter
Old 10-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
I love Jenner and that area!..we always stop there for lunch on our way to Pt. Arena and Manchester w/our Safari..
Neil,

You are one gutsy guy to tow a trailer up Highway 1 between Jenner and Point Arena . I own property in Anchor Bay....no, not big enough or flat enough for a rally....so, I know that road well.

I like the way this is all coming down.....separate NorCal and SoCal events as well as some 'tweeners! Not everyone wants to drive 300+ miles for a week-end event....but, if it's once a year, maybe they might add a few days to the trip and do so!

Cheers, Dee

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 10-28-2006, 07:58 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5
Neil,

You are one gutsy guy to tow a trailer up Highway 1 between Jenner and Point Arena . I own property in Anchor Bay....no, not big enough or flat enough for a rally....so, I know that road well.

I like the way this is all coming down.....separate NorCal and SoCal events as well as some 'tweeners! Not everyone wants to drive 300+ miles for a week-end event....but, if it's once a year, maybe they might add a few days to the trip and do so!

Cheers, Dee
I have not towed that road yet. I have been on it but it has been a lot of years ago. Since I have driven it it was without a trailer. So is it bad? I have towed a tailer to get to Pattrics Pt and Mendiceno (?). But at the time we were living in Carson City, Nev. (talk about LOTS of room for rallys Nevada has it) and to reach the Cal. North Coast it was easier to go north on 395 to Susanville then to I think over to 299 and Ft Bragg. I am even at my age am realizing even more respect for my Dad. He pulled our family 26' trailer with a '48 Nash from Michigan to LA via rte 66 then up to SF via Highway 1....in 1952. I was 14 and remember it well but now I appreciate his adventure. The electric trailer brakes were activated by pulling down on a large looking turn signal like lever mounted to the steering column. If Dad could do THAT trip I should be curious enough to try 1 north from Jenner. So my kids may get our inheritance earlier that I would want......maybe not.

Neil.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 10-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Quote:
I have not towed that road yet. I have been on it but it has been a lot of years ago. Since I have driven it it was without a trailer. So is it bad?
Neil.
anholman,

Just a couple of months ago we pulled our 25' Safari with our 22' F250 up Hiway 1 from SoCal, including the stretch above Jenner. It's a bit tight in a few areas, but I have seen a lot worse. It sure is pretty and in my opinion your kids are still gonna have to wait til your really old.

john
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote