Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
laaptops taint dumb musta bin inputer airor
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #62
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
We are planning to get there Friday late afternoon.
Dish to pass... we are planning "Ranch Style" dutch oven taters.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
We're all loaded, hitched, and ready to hit the trail to the Round Up.

FYI!! I-90 is torn up (again) between about Marengo and Belvidere. Coming from the south I-39 is a better bet.

Looks like light rain showers tommorow. As long as there's no downpours I should be out there between Noon and 1:00. Sue will come out after work.

See y'all soon,
Tom

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #64
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Lori has been prepping the trailer the last couple of days. I have been chasing leaks and not happy with what I am finding. Lord willing and the creek don't rise (again) we will be on the road no latter than 4pm tomorrow. See y'all tomorrow evening.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
1100; getting hoked up and ready to go.
cloudy and some rain this am, than sunshine, but it has left us.
see ya soon
m&d
Old 05-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Bill & Penny Plan to leave Fri. am after grandson off to school maybe three bean salad. Trk. is loaded ready to hook up plus have good amount of fire wood loaded [oak& mulberry] no ash
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #67
1 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
Lombard , Chicago area
Plans kept changing, but it looks like we can make it after all. Hope to leave tomorrow evening, if not then Saturday morning. We can bring a corn casserole, and an appetizer. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Irishrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #68
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Might be a little later than thought. Sub need new tires. Ordered them this morning (nothing like waiting till the last minute.) Should still be on the road by 4 if I try....
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
Old 05-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #69
1 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
Lombard , Chicago area
I give up!! Our plans keep fluctuating, and as of last night I thought we could pull it off, but unfortunately things have changed yet again... So we can't make this one but we are sure to see you in the fall.
Irishrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #70
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
We Had a Great Time!

Danielle and I certainly enjoyed the time we spent at Seward Bluffs campground. Thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome. The Saturday night pot luck was excellent.

We did our best to use the remaining firewood on Sunday but we were not able to use it all so we're leaving a few pieces for the next person.

See You Down the Road.

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And, here we are at Seward's Bluff Forest Preserve/campground. A very pretty, very inexpensive place.

Never been here before, thought we would run away somewhere pretty for a few days, and found this a couple hours north of us on the CampWhere app.

Come to find out there was a passle of Airstreams here for a rally over the past weekend.

Then who do we meet, but Lucius, who recognized our rig and introduced himself! We have been on the same threads for several years, now have met and visited with him in person.

Life is good.

Maggie
Old 05-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Doug & Maggie
Sorry we missed you, but most of us will be at Moraine view. See you then.

mike
Old 05-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Well another Spring Meet is over.

We didn’t do too badly considering the last minute change of camp, and unseasonable weather.
I’m working on editing some pics from the weekend and will post them this week.
Considering the rain, wind, cold and close setup, let’s just say that we weren’t the most photogenic we’ve ever been.

Let’s wish Mike and Dana good luck hosting their first Wally Rally this week.
Doug and Maggie, sorry to have missed you. See you at Moraine View.

Tom

Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Now that we had a great time, all considering, it's time to start planning for the fall rally.
See some of you at Moraine View, and everyone have a great summer and GO CAMPING.
MIKE AND DANA
Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Spring Rally Recap

Well.... This season got off to a rocky start, didn't it.

Hopefully we don't have to become used to cold weather at our gatherings.
I rolled in Thursday just in time to catch a Vintage Canned Ham trailer getting ready to pull out. It was a 1955, 15' Trotwood on it's maiden voyage after a interior restoration. After some quick tours we set up in the rain.

The new campground host Bob turned out to be very accommodating, and he dragged a bunch of extra tables over to the sites. Not only that ,he wasn't even too concerned about where you parked. Lets hope the FPD treats him OK and he sticks around a while.

As the rest of the group filtered in we set up the meeting area. The lessons of the last Fall Rally weren't lost and we had plenty of Easy-Up canopies and tarps to keep out the wind and cold. Thanks to Bruce, Ted, Bill, Cale and Mike for keeping the campfire hot.

Wandering around the campground, it turns out there were a lot of Pecatonica River Refugees. The one that caught most peoples eye was a 1957 Greyhound bus converted to a Mobile Home. I hope you got to take the tour. Knotty Pine woodwork with every amenity, sans slide-outs, that you'd expect to find in a modern MOHO.

As usual the wives spruced up the place by decorating every thing to the western theme. Lauren's triangle to call everyone to Vittles was great touch.
I was off my game as far a cooking went this trip, but everyone else provided plenty of great food. deserts and refreshments for the Saturday Pot Luck.
Thanks to everyone for making the Rally a success.

I mentioned posting pics of the event. Since they weren't very good I thought I might add captions using quotes from Blazing Saddles to punch them up. Fortunately, Sue had a look at the photos and wisely decided that no one should subjected to my sarcastic sense of humor.

So another Rally has come and gone. The Fall Rally is scheduled for September 26-29th. Sue and Dana will be checking in with everyone to find out what you think of the campground and possible alternate locations.
We hope everyone has a great summer. We'll see some of you on the road this season, and, are looking forward to Fall Meet.

See everyone soon,
Tom and Sue

Old 05-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #76
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Thanks for the wrap up Tom.
Sorry that I was not much fun this Rally. I am getting better about my sleeping habits.
We had a wonderful time! It was good to see the gang and meet new faces. I will try and be a little more "Merrier" this fall.

Our trip home went well until about 5 miles from reaching home. Lori noticed a strange sound from the truck on the up grades. It was getting louder each new hill. By the time we got home, you couldn't hear yourself think sitting inside the truck.

Got word today from the diesel shop that I have a broken "flex plate" This is the part that the starter turns. I always thought it was called a flywheel... I am told that if I would have gone much longer down the road it could have come apart and really done some damage. I should have the truck back soon.

Hoping to get back to Sewards Bluff next month with the family to see the place in its summer glory.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...