Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #61
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
...Maybe it's 'mini' because we don't have all the meals, activities, and morning buglers of a WBCCI rally

Well - I have a bugle, and although I can make it loud enough to wake all you renegade rally-ers, I lack a certian finesse with the instrument. Will accept bribes to leave it at home......

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:35 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Blow your bugle in the shower

I'm sure the ADA shower has enough room for you to bring your bugle in and blow revele from there. Just dont' use up all the hot water
Old 03-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by campcollector
Rouge Airstream group decends on Battle Ground lake State Park.

Battleground WA April18th.

A rouge and unsactioned group of aluminium toteing renagades caused havouc this weekend in Battleground..

Don't you mean rough???? I'm not a "redneck" AS'er!!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
I think we're coming....

minus the wife Mona's got an engagement she needs to be at, but me and the kids NOW look to be free (although we need to leave after breakfast on Sunday for me to be home for work that night).

Can I bring bacon, syrup or something? Do we need stuff for the pasta dinner?

Look for the stripped Argosy.... right now it looks SO trailer park

Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:47 PM   #65

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
You get the special parking spot in front of my neighbor's house

Cool, glad you and the kids can make it. No kickboxing though - oh well.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:25 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by campcollector
Yea yeah so its a little stinky with the road flares. This time I am using white gas, fast with big flame!
Ah ha !! My kinda fire starter. I have some really great pics of me starting a fire with white gas. Yikes !!!!
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:31 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Refreshments

I will bring along some refreshments. Sounds like the food items are all taken care of. I am usually well outfitted anyway if anything extra is needed. I have some firewood. Do you think we'll need some ? I am making good progress on my Caravel. The new pieces are starting to roll in !!! yay ! Now how does it all go back together ?? hmmmm.......lol
Old 03-28-2005, 09:43 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
More floor/leak troubles.

Hi all, Well after the constant rain this weekend I have found a few more leaks in the Caravel. They are all in the typical spots, furnace vent, refridge vent, and someplace in the back that I cannot find. The bad news is that the floor behind the shower pan is rotted out under the body of the trailer bad enough that I can poke my finger thru it. This has caused me to rethink my plan on just repairing the floor. I am thinking it is best to do this just once ! SO, I guess I am gutting the entire thing and putting a new floor in at least back there (can you say nearly full monte). I am not looking forward to taking the shower out. I hope its not too hard. The front part of the coach still remains dry and the floor is in good shape, all bolts tight etc. Unfortunately this means that I will not be able to bring the Caravel to BG Lake. I will however, still show up for the day. I like the idea of meeting other Airstream owners !! I will keep a photographic record of things to come. If nothing else it will be a learning experience !
Old 03-29-2005, 12:35 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Unhappy Darn!!

Chris,

Well.....the rains are back in the NW (I'm glad for the wet weather again?).......but look on the bright side.....better to find the leaks now than later! You should bring some pics of your Caravel to the Rally, so we can see what you've done so far. I'm sure you and Steph have a lot in common on repairs. Will be taking our 28' in for some warranty work on the furnace next Monday, and replacing a stove-top starter knob + some other warranty checklist items. Should be ready for some serious RV'ing! Since we're up in WA in April....we're considering going to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival (April 1-30th). Has anyone been there before?? It's 60 miles N of Seattle, near Mt Vernon. We're considering either going before or after the BG rally depending on "Mother Nature's" influence on blooming tulips at their peak. We're also attending the WOU/OU WBCCI rally the next weekend in Lincoln City.....and should see some of the forums folks at this rally also. If anyone has been to this area for the tulip festival....I'd appreciate their comments.
Also, I see the BG SP lists their camping sites as 22' X 30'.....is this big enuf to get my 28' into and park my TV (CC should know) ?? I don't want to miss this one becuz I'm too big (apparently with camping size does matter!) .
Still looking for more AS'ers to attend this rally......I know you're out there........so don't be shy.....come and enjoy a great time with a super bunch of folks !!

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 03-29-2005, 11:25 PM   #70
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Too big?

Sites are usually measured from bumper log to road. A trailer (long trailer) has some over hang in the back of the site that buys some footage past the bumper log. I imagine you can get er backed in but may have to un hook and park sideways in front. See what you get for being greedy and wanting a bigger rig

Or park your Tow vehicle in some other campers site. If I have room you can park in mine since I have a SMALL trailer

But hey if you wipe out any standpipes with the ole hindenberg I don't know you
Old 03-30-2005, 12:15 AM   #71
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Ha - LOL. Sounds like CCD envy to me - I'm coming a day early and bringing a camera.
Not to worry - there are several pull through sites for those who have well endowed trailers... If there isn't room for parking tow rigs - we'll sell em on ebay. Cheap.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:30 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Haahaa!

You guys crack me up! I'm only two feet shorter than you, Jim (remember, it's not the size of the trailer but.....). I'm sure I'll be parking sideways like you too! I'll be coming later on Thursday. Anybody know what section we should look for sites? Jim, what day are you coming?

Tulips - Jim, I HIGHLY recommend the sight... it really is unbelievable how much color there is. Bring your camera!! However, I just heard last night that the flowers have already started to bloom, sometimes they harvest them early, and by the end of the festival, the impact is lessened. I'll let you know more when I find out more. I'd let you stay over at our place in Seattle, but the parking patrol is fairly strict around here (we do have a pullout bed, but I think you'd be more comfy in the trailer). I'm sure I could put you up at my inlaws in Bothell if you are interested (there's parking available there) which is about 1.5 hrs from the tulips. Deception Pass State Park is supposed to be breathtaking, and is close to the fields too. Rain is an issue though - the fields are clay like, which can get mucky. I'd look at the forcast and shoot for that. Midweek is also better for a decrease in the crowds. You might want to shoot for seeing them prior to the rallys.

Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:30 AM   #73
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Tulip Time!

Hi Jim,

Check out this site. If you click on "Field Map", it will show you what fields are currently in bloom. They are definitely getting an early start this year.

www.tulipfestival.org

I'll second the recommendation for Deception Pass - it's beautiful there, with fantastic hiking trails, and will give you a break from the crowds at the festival.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:29 AM   #74

1968 17' Caravel
Hi All!

If there's not room for trailer and tow vehicle, there's a big paved parking lot a very short walk from the RV area, and I'm sure you can leave the tow vehicle there. However, some of the pull throughs look pretty large to me, but I have such a small trailer, everything looks large!

Dave and I are currently working on our latest theater production, which starts this weekend - see www.vancouveronstage.com for more details if you like. So with set building taking up most my time, I haven't gotten anything done on the Caravel. I don't know how finished it will be for the rally, but all the furniture is back in it. I might not have a heater though!

And I wanted to let you guys know I WON'T be going to Lincoln City the following weekend. Turns out it's the same weekend as Novice Race School at PIR, and if I want to race in Autocross this year, I have to go to that instead

Too many hobbies, so little time! See you at BG Lake!

Old 04-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Angry Thursday.

To all concerned I'll be packing Wed. night and hope to be there by 12 on Thursday.

Mark what's the project I'll make sure to bring my tools.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:33 AM   #76

1968 17' Caravel
Sounds good. I think we shouldn't have to worry too much about reserving spots for people. Who's not expecting to be there until after work on Friday? We'll grab a couple spots for specific people we know are coming late. Like Marc & CampCollector? Speak up if you need a spot held!

Old 04-02-2005, 11:45 AM   #77
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
Hi Jim,

Check out this site. If you click on "Field Map", it will show you what fields are currently in bloom. They are definitely getting an early start this year.

www.tulipfestival.org

I'll second the recommendation for Deception Pass - it's beautiful there, with fantastic hiking trails, and will give you a break from the crowds at the festival.

Mel
Mel and Marc.....Thanks for the info,

I've made reservations at Deception Pass SP for 7th-10th of April....looks like a great place to stay! Hope we hit the tulips blooming....and sun shining! We're not sure what we'll do after the 10th.....may stay longer if no one reserves the spot and we find more things to do. Still planning on arriving at BG SP on Thursday the 14th......but may come earlier (so we can pester Steph & David) if we run out of things to do in Skagit Valley.

BTW.....Mel, can you make the BG rally? We'd love to have you!

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 04-02-2005, 11:54 AM   #78

1968 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandvm
......but may come earlier (so we can pester Steph & David) if we run out of things to do in Skagit Valley.
Yeah, show up too early and you may get a hands-on lesson in Caravel restoration

Old 04-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #79
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Talking Fishing Contest?

Well were going to be at a lake, a lake has fish in it.
I thought we might have a Fishing Contest.
I would be willing to get it together and furnish the prize if there is some interest.
What are your thoughts on this?
Saturday morning no holds barred Biggest fish takes all.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet's Husband
Well were going to be at a lake, a lake has fish in it.
I thought we might have a Fishing Contest.
I would be willing to get it together and furnish the prize if there is some interest.
What are your thoughts on this?
Saturday morning no holds barred Biggest fish takes all.
Gary....

OK......so tell me.....what's the prize.....a free lug nut torque wrench check on my trailer.....maybe a lesson on how to winterize an AS........or, even better, how about some tunes from your "gitfiddle"?? Are there any fish markets in the town of BG ("no holds barred" )?? I hate to say this but I don't even own a fishin' pole....and I'm retired!!

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538