Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #21
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
I'm really looking forward to this trip - it'll be the first one of the year.

We'll volunteer to oversee a Saturday evening dinner bash and Sunday B-fast if anyone's interested (or up).

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Can you top the previous bash food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I'm really looking forward to this trip - it'll be the first one of the year.

We'll volunteer to oversee a Saturday evening dinner bash and Sunday B-fast if anyone's interested (or up).
Janet & Gary,
You guys are the best......the best set-up I've ever seen on the road! The food was stupendous last time.....and you won't be able to top that in my book.....(prove me wrong) I'll do hearty bread again and s'mores and hot spiced wine...if it's cold enough for it! We'll get there early, I'm excited that Campcollector can make it...he's got a good sense of humor on campers (he's seen it all)! I hope Annette can make it......she can sleep on our new 28' CCD couch if she can't find another place to stay!
We'll have a good time!

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:56 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Post Food You Bet Cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandvm
Janet & Gary,
You guys are the best......the best set-up I've ever seen on the road! The food was stupendous last time.....and you won't be able to top that in my book.....(prove me wrong) I'll do hearty bread again and s'mores and hot spiced wine...if it's cold enough for it! We'll get there early, I'm excited that Campcollector can make it...he's got a good sense of humor on campers (he's seen it all)! I hope Annette can make it......she can sleep on our new 28' CCD couch if she can't find another place to stay!
We'll have a good time!

Jim
Well Jim
Janet and I were thinking of Eggs Benedict for breakfast.
Dinner is still up in the air as of yet, we're still thinking about it.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Keep it simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet's Husband
Well Jim
Janet and I were thinking of Eggs Benedict for breakfast.
Dinner is still up in the air as of yet, we're still thinking about it.
Eggs benedict sound wonderful for Bfast, although I'm sold on Janet's French Toast!

And for dinner Sat.......how about somethin' simple like homemade spaghetti!
Your grill/stove would be great for a meal like that! And it would be easy to prepare.

PS.... can we get more of your Willie Nelson renditions on your "gitfiddle"......and some singin' from Janet......I forgot to buy a CD last time (so bring some with you)!

Jim & Cheryl

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 03-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #25
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Pasta sounds like a stellar idea. When we get a little closer to the date we can figure it out. Are there fish in that lake...?

AirForums Custom Search
Old 03-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #26

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
There are fish, if you can catch 'em. I've never had much luck myself, all I catch are twigs!

Stefrobrts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #27

1968 17' Caravel
Well, I talked to Ranger Carl and he says there's no way to reserve those spots for that weekend. Park rules - they are all first come first serve. Though he said I could show up on Friday and pay for all the spots I needed at once, though that is against the rules as well, but he wouldn't have a problem with that. I'd hate to get there and discover the place was already packed though, especially with folks driving from a long ways away.

So maybe we should find another park that does allow reservations that weekend. Any ideas?

Old 03-07-2005, 09:33 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
aw shucks!

Just got my schedule.... I don't think we'll make it this time, but NEXT time, (provided I'm off) I'll be there.

IF they don't change my schedule (I'm looking at a draft copy), I'm off for the WBCCI ralley in Lincoln City. Will anybody be going to that one? I'm also off on the 8th , 9th and 10th.

Just FYI - I'm not sure how many people actually think of camping in April, but the weekend of the 16th is spring break for the kids up here.
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:13 PM   #29

1968 17' Caravel
I'm going to the Lincoln city rally - I say hopefully. I'm making a lot of plans considering my trailer is still gutted and we're going to be putting on a play at the end of March that will certainly slow down my progress.

Janet also noticed that the weekend of the 16th is spring break for her area, so that's why we're worried about having a get-together without reservations - it's possible the place could be busy. Our local kids seem to have spring break the first week in April.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:25 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Forums with WBCCI unit RallY?

Steph et al,
Could our Forums Rally rally be combined with the Western Oregon Unit (WOU) and Oregon Units (OU) Rally, who are already hosting a joint rally at Ocean View RV Village on the weekend of April 21-23. I know they're reserving about 20 spots for this...and they can reserve even more if we get on the ball. The fee is $25.45/night (slightly higher than SP CG's)..... and I don't know a thing about the RV Park, but assume it includes full hookups. I don't know whether or not non-WBCCI members can attend these functions, but if they make their own reservations, or if the two WBCCI units accepted forums members with open arms, I guess we're all there together anyway, and no Airstreamer is ever turned away (so I've heard, but it's good to let folks know we're coming). Aren't you an officer in the Oregon Unit? Do you know how these things work? We're members of WOU....but I don't know anyone yet. If the forums folks attending are not WBCCI members....the two units could maybe do some recruiting (Sometimes you have to spend money to get new members). I would really like to see the forums members again who were in attendance at Beverly Beach....but I would also like to meet some of the WBCCI members in the area also.

Just my thoughts on getting this put together! Please.....others give their input!

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 03-08-2005, 11:01 AM   #31
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
We are wiling to just show up at Battle ground and take our chances. If spring break in that area is earlier, then I suspect that reserving sites early on Friday would be fine. I am alos willing to go Jims route, but my experience with wbcci rallies is that, while they are fun, they are highly scheduled and that hanging around the campfire late saturday night just doesn't happen. It's an early to bed, early to rise crowd. So - I guess I still vote for battle ground. If they're out of space - I've got first dibs on stephs driveway!

AirForums Custom Search
Old 03-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #32

1968 17' Caravel
There is plenty of room in the driveway I'm willing to go over to the park on Friday and reserve spots for whoever wants to come. So if you're willing to take the risk, I'd say we can go for it. I'll go check with the ranger and find out when they're stocking the lake with fish this year. It gets crazy-busy when they do that.

Jim, I thought about just combining with the Lincoln city rally too, but it's being held in one of those concrete parking lot type RV parks, I doubt they even have fire rings for a campfire. I will be going to the rally too though, and it sounds like Marc will also. Will you guys come?

I'm not an officer in the Oregon Unit, I just do the newsletter and the website. It's a nice group of people though. As far as I know, Annette, Camp Collector, and 71 Safari were the only people at the last campout who weren't WBCCI members. The majority was. I think they'd be welcome as guests either way.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:06 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Stephanie,
Check out Beacon Rock Rv park, or the RV park near Ridgefield Jct and I5.
Chuck
WBCCI#7854
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:49 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Exclamation Lets gamble

I am willing to gamble on Battle ground lake. I know how to get people to leave the park ;-) I will just leave work early on Friday or take the day off and head up. Although just in case we should have a backup location if there are no spaces.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
"The Lone Ranger" to the rescue!

Well, if anyone knows how to fanagle a camp site, it's Campcollector.....I feel better about our chances with him in our midst! I love to hear his tales of campers and their travails.....they're a riot! If my math is right.....that's four units so far....... this is starting to look like a Forums rally! So, it would be good to hear from some other AS'ers in the NW. Is there a way to PM some of them to let them know of the rally? I did talk to Tim McKay, the co-host of the WOU Rally, and he said we are welcome to come to the Lincoln City joint rally the week after if Battle Ground doesn't work out. But we need to let him know in a timely manner, so they can accomodate us.

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 03-08-2005, 10:33 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Cool Top ten ways to illegaly hold a site

10. The old lawn chair in the campsite trick. (Keeps honest people away)
9. Short lenght of hose hooked to the stand pipe and some blocks of wood
8. Registration receipts stolen from fee station and clipped to site marker. ( 80% effective)
7. 1 dozen empty beer cans thrown around and a old diaper in the fire ring smoldering. (keeps away the neat freaks)
6. Doberman tied to table on 25ft chain (self explanitory).
5. Tow vehicle parked in site to hold for a freind. (90% effective)
4. Caution tape and orange cones "do not enter" (only works if no hosts or staff on duty)
3. Two man tent set up in site and no one around. (flawless keeps people and staff guessing for hours ) Add grocery sack of rocks to table for authenticity
2. Sewage spill and lime spread on ground. (works but not reccomended for immediate use)
1. Chalked outline of human figure on ground and shell casings.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:41 PM   #37

1968 17' Caravel
I hear Tim's a good guy. I wonder if that might be a good idea. If they could stick us all together, we could probably still have fun without being too annoying. Campfire's the important thing, though I guess we could all pile into a trailer if it rained (gee, who's got a big enough trailer for that?).

When I went to the Silver Trailer social they had a more organized area where they were having snacks and watching movies, and campfires and sing alongs were breaking out on the other side of camp.

I wasn't going to email folks in the club because I don't want them to come to our get together instead of the other get together the next weekend. Because I got the names through the unit, and it's like using their information to steal people away to our rally, which isn't cool. But if we could ALL get together at one place, I wouldn't mind letting everyone know about it.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #38
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
I still vote for the state park - beats the heck out of concrete... and coffee at 5PM. we have actually considered gong to both and bumming around for a few days in between...

AirForums Custom Search
Old 03-08-2005, 11:24 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Top ten list

Hmm, I guess I'll have to think of some NEW ideas if Campcollector is THE MAN at a SP.... I like the chalk outline idea... think the kids pink sidewalk chaulk would work?

I say you guys go for Battleground, I'll shoot for Lincoln City hoping to see some of you there the next week. By the way, I'm hoping I'll have a silver surprise for you when I arrive.... OR it could be the sorriest looking trailer on the West Coast. I couldn't stand my paint anylonger, and started stripping! I'll let you know if the trailer can be seen in public or not.

But, what's with a concrete campsite? Are there at least trees? Do you have a name so I can investigate the place? I feel like I'm living at Lincoln City lately, I've been through it so much in the past year. Good outlet mall.
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:27 PM   #40
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
they have a website with a very depressing map. ocean view village rv resort in lincoln city

AirForums Custom Search