Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #201
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Oh Im sure that bike will have flames on it.. DUHHHHHHHHHH....Yep "BURN TO BE WILD" I think that fits well. Damn Im good.. Ralphie
Old 06-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #202
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
OMG I forgot about the INITATION RITES!!! Tnx Andy,,, Best of luck on that one Lou.. You will need it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #203
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Thumbs up welcome to the Two wheel family AIRPYRO

Congrats on the new to you bike. Dont worry about it not being a Harley, my first bike was a Harley and riding it home from the dealership was my first time on a real motorcycle, it was the scariest ride of my life.

It makes no differance what brand we are all brothers and sisters. It also makes no differance when you drop one it is never a good thing so be careful. You may be a natural but there are a lot of cars out there that are not, no matter how good you are they can make up for it with their stupity.

I just got a new Road Glide, Airstream silver in color, also went with the flame theme. See you in August till then ride safe.

Hopefully there is a attachment to this post with the Truck , The old bike and the Trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small tow rig.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	39681  
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:12 AM   #204
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
The FU FU trailer plans to arrive on Thursday after work.

That would be after 5pm but before dark (I Hope)

Lou I promise not to tease you till after you get there.

By the way now that you are joining the ranks of the NAKED trailers, is there not some sort of special initation rite that you must pass
I hate to say it but I owned one of those unpainted Argosys way before I owned the real thing.
Now we just have to get you to take your lawn furniture out of your trailer... oh wait... that isn't lawn furniture.... it IS your furniture!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:15 AM   #205
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
OMG I forgot about the INITATION RITES!!! Tnx Andy,,, Best of luck on that one Lou.. You will need it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm.... I have diplomatic immunity. I was conceived in an Airstream! Now how redneck is that?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:16 AM   #206
Rivet Master

You are missing one size, Ralph...

You have three of the Airstream sizes...
Small
Medium
Large

Now you just need a 34 footer and you will have XL!
Old 06-23-2007, 01:18 AM   #207
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
Congrats on the new to you bike. Dont worry about it not being a Harley, my first bike was a Harley and riding it home from the dealership was my first time on a real motorcycle, it was the scariest ride of my life.

It makes no differance what brand we are all brothers and sisters. It also makes no differance when you drop one it is never a good thing so be careful. You may be a natural but there are a lot of cars out there that are not, no matter how good you are they can make up for it with their stupity.

I just got a new Road Glide, Airstream silver in color, also went with the flame theme. See you in August till then ride safe.

Hopefully there is a attachment to this post with the Truck , The old bike and the Trailer.
What is the saying about "compensating"????
Hmmm.... Joyce Brothers would have a field day with this one!
Old 06-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #208
Rivet Master

Welcome newcomers!

Let me see if I got all of the newcomers for this year's rally.....

DanB
dnrtheil
nanceanne
none
safarinight
Silvertwin
Streamin 65
Sunset Coast

How about if we here from those who have not posted on the thread? I do know that we have one from as far away as Missouri! Man, I love MO.! My grandmother came from MO. and wound up in SW KY. She came from the bootheel!
Old 06-23-2007, 06:59 AM   #209
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Lou, you forgot a new comer.. Airedale...
Old 06-23-2007, 07:01 AM   #210
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
I better
Old 06-23-2007, 07:01 AM   #211
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
I better start looking for a 34 then Lou...I also need one in the 80s too. Man Im going to be busy!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #212
Rivet Master

Quote:
Lou, you forgot a new comer.. Airedale...
How could I forget the fruit of your loins? Man, I am slipping...
I guess it is because I am so used to seeing her post on here!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:22 PM   #213
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Let me see if I got all of the newcomers for this year's rally.....

DanB
dnrtheil
nanceanne
none
safarinight
Silvertwin
Streamin 65
Sunset Coast

How about if we here from those who have not posted on the thread? I do know that we have one from as far away as Missouri! Man, I love MO.! My grandmother came from MO. and wound up in SW KY. She came from the bootheel!
Well I never signed up for the rally, but since our name appears on the list I guess we are now obligated to attend! I'm new to this thread and was given some info about this last weekend by the Rivettes. I have not made reservations or anything, but will do so if someone has a moment to send me the details of the rally. Looking forward to meeting ya'll! --dave
Streamin 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:38 PM   #214
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
I still have a few spots left for X-Mas in July.. I think out of the 15 we have set aside..9 are spoken for so far. Some are not on forums so they dont show up on the list here.. Its a busy weekend at the campground!!! santa, a dance and band. I do 2 20 lb deep fried turkeys for the potluck on Sat eve. We have redskin mashed and lots to eat. 2 breakfasts too..Holly and Buck & Grace do that part. So lets get signed up if you want to be part of it!! July 20-22 at Walnut Hills Campground, Durand, Mi
Old 06-24-2007, 05:25 PM   #215
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
OK, Lorrie and I have decided that we are now definitely "IN" for the 2007 Metro-Detroit Forum Rally at Apple Creek. We'll be there in our new trailer and our old trailer will also be there in the hands of . . . . . the one and only LOU!!!

That's right, the '85 Sovereign that Lou has been talking about is finally in his possession. I dropped it off today and picked up the check (although upon closer inspection that check looks a little funny - are they supossed to be made out in crayon?).

Anyway, we now have visitation rights for the Sovereign and need to make sure it is being cared for in the manner to which is was accustomed. What better way to check up on it than at Louapalooza III?

See ya all there!!!

P.S. We plan to pull down on Friday to experience the entire Rally this year.

P.P.S. I guess I've got to get a new Avatar soon.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #216
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Thats great news!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the two of you again Joe!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #217
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
I almost forgot to sign up officially here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...a=attend&e=351

When I did I was number 19 to sign up:But I see at least a couple of "hardy perrenials" missing from this list at the moment (ITOWAIR & Wheelinterested), but they are in John's (AYRSTREAM2's) list further up in the message. What IS the official count at the moment and are we getting near the cuttoff for number of spaces?
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:19 PM   #218
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Hi, we're back from NY! (Saw four Airstreams that were heading East through Ontario, and one crossed West over the Bluewater bridge in front of us, all today. Ever been stuck in traffic at the top of the bridge for 15 minutes? I now know what that is like) The list has really grown since we left last week. Not everyone is on the Rally page, nor is it the definitive list. As long as we are under 24 we are in fine shape. The campground has that many sites in the group area and several other sites close by. We haven't hit critical mass yet. I do need to nail this list down and that will be one of my to do's this week.

Anyone intending on going that hasn't spoken up, now would be a really good time to do so.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:50 PM   #219
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamin 65
Well I never signed up for the rally, but since our name appears on the list I guess we are now obligated to attend! I'm new to this thread and was given some info about this last weekend by the Rivettes. I have not made reservations or anything, but will do so if someone has a moment to send me the details of the rally. Looking forward to meeting ya'll! --dave
Dave,

LOL, I will have to remember that this is a good way to increase attendance at our rallies!
All you have to do is tell me or John, (ayrstrm), and you are all set! We have the group area with water/electric hook-ups so all we have to do is pay when we arrive!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:52 PM   #220
Rivet Master

Quote:
I still have a few spots left for X-Mas in July.. I think out of the 15 we have set aside..9 are spoken for so far. Some are not on forums so they dont show up on the list here.. Its a busy weekend at the campground!!! santa, a dance and band. I do 2 20 lb deep fried turkeys for the potluck on Sat eve. We have redskin mashed and lots to eat. 2 breakfasts too..Holly and Buck & Grace do that part. So lets get signed up if you want to be part of it!! July 20-22 at Walnut Hills Campground, Durand, Mi
YEAH! Let's do our part to support the Old Foogie club!
Remember, without our elders we would not be here!
Hey, do we need a shuffle board ref? I can officiate!