Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #477
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
You Know Tracy

If you were to subject them to sharpie fumes more often, they may be more willing to obey.

Ron...come to think of it, I wore the shirt Sunday...and so did tony....who now has the same itch.

DO NOT BUY FROM TL!!! STOP THE ITCHING INSANITY!!!

Ron

Old 05-28-2004, 05:22 PM   #478
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Two things,
Are there going to be any other kids there besides mine? (Cody 9, Emily 7 and Sean 17 mo)
Is it safe to be a non-drinker with kids at this gathering?? I'm a little worried at this point. I'm praying for clear cool weather so I'm not traped in the pop-up with the kids like last weekend.

Well off to the Cougars game.......

AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:28 PM   #479

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Two things,
Are there going to be any other kids there besides mine? (Cody 9, Emily 7 and Sean 17 mo)
Is it safe to be a non-drinker with kids at this gathering?? I'm a little worried at this point. I'm praying for clear cool weather so I'm not traped in the pop-up with the kids like last weekend.

There is a playground next to the bath house and we had quite a few kids last year. You are safe because I'm a non drinker although my kid is grown and has been replaced by two dogs. Nothing worse than a 2 wet dogs trapped inside a trailer. Now if you have kids and dogs, I'll light some candles in church for you.

As far as the weather goes, still too early for the long range so cross your fingers or say your prayers.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
Old 05-28-2004, 05:52 PM   #480
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
Quote:
Two things,

it was a woman that drove me to drink....i imagine kids could also....just in case ,ill have extra....
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 05-28-2004, 07:31 PM   #481
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Two things,

Ted... after reading Tracy's posts, I'm not sure it's safe to be at this gathering period!

Seriously, while there may be a drink or two consumed, I think it's safe to say that most of what's been said here has been said in jest, and that this is truly a family gathering. I fear that once everyone meets, we'll all be deeply disappointed that those others that we thought were really wild are just plain folks. After all, everyone seems normal until you get to know them, right?

I'll be bringing my 14 year old and probably one of his buddies, and our pug, Cody. I know that Tracy and Ron (that's Tracy's Ron, not TLC) will be bringing their kids, and it's a pretty safe bet that others will be coming as well.

Come and enjoy!

Roger
Old 05-28-2004, 09:58 PM   #482
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I didn't think about kids of the age of yours attending. Since you have a 14 year old boy, we may consider bringing our two grandsons, 14 and 12, who love to camp and still enjoy going with Grandpa and Grandma. Would it be permissable to set up a tent on the campsite for them? What do you bring along for your son-other than all the electronics, of course! We could put bikes in the back of the truck. Do you think they would make friends and fun together in a situation like this? I ask because we have never attended anything like this rally! Are there others of this young teen age range?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 05-28-2004, 10:35 PM   #483
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
I didn't think about kids of the age of yours attending. Since you have a 14 year old boy, we may consider bringing our two grandsons, 14 and 12, who love to camp and still enjoy going with Grandpa and Grandma. Would it be permissable to set up a tent on the campsite for them? What do you bring along for your son-other than all the electronics, of course! We could put bikes in the back of the truck. Do you think they would make friends and fun together in a situation like this? I ask because we have never attended anything like this rally! Are there others of this young teen age range?
We pitch a tent for them in the campsite. They're pretty self-contained and self-amused... kind of self-contained in their own 14 year old world. We just mostly provide the food . If there weren't electricity, I don't think they'd have a world!

I'm sure they'd welcome company their own age.

Roger
Old 05-29-2004, 09:02 AM   #484
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Cool Teenagers!!! EEEKKKKKKKK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
We pitch a tent for them in the campsite. They're pretty self-contained and self-amused... kind of self-contained in their own 14 year old world. We just mostly provide the food . If there weren't electricity, I don't think they'd have a world!
Roger

I'll put my two cents in.... personally, we go camping to HIDE from our children, who are grown.

The talk on here about drinking is mostly just that, talk, but what anyone does is their own business. So don't be checking my coolie, or choc milk box, or whatever we call it on here.

I've met Tedd's kids, they're quite well behaved. The 17 month old isn't on the move yet. :-)

But don't be beeping any video games or careening around on bikes after ten o'clock; we "old people" need our ZZZZZZs

Do they make teen sized voodoo dolls????

Seriously, I am sure there is enough room in the world for everybody, as long as everybody uses some respect for everybody. Make sense??

Signed,

been there, done that, raised teenagers
Old 05-29-2004, 01:04 PM   #485
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1

I'll put my two cents in.... personally, we go camping to HIDE from our children, who are grown.

The talk on here about drinking is mostly just that, talk, but what anyone does is their own business. So don't be checking my coolie, or choc milk box, or whatever we call it on here.

I've met Tedd's kids, they're quite well behaved. The 17 month old isn't on the move yet. :-)

But don't be beeping any video games or careening around on bikes after ten o'clock; we "old people" need our ZZZZZZs

Do they make teen sized voodoo dolls????

Seriously, I am sure there is enough room in the world for everybody, as long as everybody uses some respect for everybody. Make sense??

Signed,

been there, done that, raised teenagers
You don't have to worry about my kids... I've got one twenty-two, one twenty, both gone, and just the fourteen year old left at home. We don't tolerate much nonsense either. That's probably why our poor kid is so quiet. He's seen what happened to the older ones! You're probably NOT much older than we are.

Quite frankly, it's Eric, Jack, & Tracy that I fear will be completely out of control!

Roger
Old 05-29-2004, 01:57 PM   #486
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Quote:
Quite frankly, it's Eric, Jack, & Tracy that I fear will be completely out of control!

Roger
I think what appealed to me most about Airstreams is their striking resemblance to a keg.

Me and hubby keep a keg iced down and on tap at all times so when we're sittin' on our sofa on the front porch watchin' cops on the portable at 11 am, we got enough beer to offer our neighbors a swaller. That is when we're not feudin'. And June is a great time of year....the old man can walk around topless and show off all of his tattoos.......if we're all lucky I can get him to shave his back for the Rally so you can see 'em all.

Anyone up for a keg stand?
Old 05-29-2004, 02:00 PM   #487
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Eric, Jack and Tracy???

Quote:

Roger
After reading all of these quiet, calm, almost SEDATE posts from those three,, I find your comment hard to believe!!!

Actually, I hope we have WONDERFUL weather and a WONDERFUL time!
Old 05-29-2004, 02:30 PM   #488
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Spigot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy Lawrence
I think what appealed to me most about Airstreams is their striking resemblance to a keg.

Your Airstream doesn't have a spigot.
Unless ity has an extra option ours doesn't.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:37 PM   #489
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
kegstand?

Quote:
If I do a kegstand, my toga will end up around my ears....guess I'd better be prepared with fresh clean undergarments....
Old 05-29-2004, 03:23 PM   #490
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
....the old man can walk around topless and show off all of his tattoos.......if we're all lucky I can get him to shave his back for the Rally so you can see 'em all.
Dang it all, Tracy... yer so darn modest... it ain't always 'bout Ron... why don't ya tell 'em all 'bout how great you look in them Daisy Dukes shorts and tops you always wear too!!!

Roger

Closed Thread