Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2005, 06:11 PM   #21
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Hello Lou and friends

We will not be able to attend due to a prior commitment.

Here is a little somthing I have been kicking around since the Otisville rally.

The tune is the Gilligans Island theme song, the words speak for themselves.

Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale
A tale of a camping trip
That started on the internet
And wound up being hip
The mate was a handy photo gal
Of the skipper we’re not sure
The trailers met in Otisville
For a three day tour, a three day tour

The weather was a bit unsure
The trailers were Airstream
We all unhooked and set up camp
And took in the scene, and took in the scene
The rally was a lot of fun the campers we’re all similes
With Argosy’s
And Airstreams too
A vintage one, with a car.
A Fu Fu Rig
Some small, some big
Here at Covenant Hills
So this is the tale of the forums folks
Who all first met online
Till Lou came up with a crazy plan
That was a real good time.
The photo gal and big Lou too
Had done their very best
To make the Metro Detroit thing
A rousing Success
With meals, and gifts and flamingos
And campfires at night
The wonderful internet date
Was one big delight
So if you get a chance my friends.
Be sure to join our crew
Just one more thing to keep in mind
Its all about LOU, Its all about LOU
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:29 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Neumann, you are a scream! :)

Oh dear God!
I am almost wet myself on that one! Oh wait, I did!
Andy, you are awesome, buddy!
Please remember that it took all of us to make the Metro-Detroit Summer Rally a success!
I must admit that I was the funniest guy there!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:43 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Campfire goodies

I am getting ready to think about packing up for this Fall Impromptu. I started working on a campfire dessert to take along. Slow cooker dessert. Wonder what other goodies folks can think up for the campfire besides the traditional marshmallows and s'mores??

Our weather has shifted to the cooler days and crisp evenings here in Ohio. That should be just perfect kind of weather for a campout and campfire! I am hoping for NO rain!!

Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:58 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
My situation for the Rally has not cleared up yet. I wanna go to the Rally, really. But due to various factors I may instead end up at or around home doing chores that need to be done before winter sets in. If I am able to break free to attend the Fall Metro-Detroit Rally, it is most likely that I will attend alone and Lorrie will remain home attending to some family issues. I won't know either way until a couple of days before the rally, but if I was a bettin' man, I'd bet against me attending.

However, whether I attend or not, you know I'll be looking forward to a Metro-Detroit get together early next camping season.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:33 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Lou's Crew

Sorry to hear that their is a glitch in the plan for joining all of us. We hope you find the time, but if you don't maybe you can get to the next one!!

Larry is already checking out the systems so that we will be ready. Looks like we may need a little heat by then. So he is checking out the furnace and heating strip etc.
We are looking forward to a nice Fall rally!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-29-2005, 05:12 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello to Lou and Fellow Lou's Crew,
We will be unable to attend this fall rally as we will be leaving for Florida and we know that everyone will have a great time. Will see everyone at next year's rally ..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #27
Rivet Master

A sad bit of news....

Hi all,
I am sorry to be a bearer of bad news from the Patterson household.
We will be unable to attend the rally next week due to a previous committment with my Masonic Lodge.
I am terribly sorry for the late notice. I have tried all that I can to find a replacement. This was to no avail.
We will be planning other rallies that may or may not be posted on the "forums". I will be sure to keep in touch with all of the summer rally attendees to keep them abreast of the developments.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Is this rally doomed?

Sorry to hear that news about you and family, Lou!!
Now that the Pattersons are not going to make this rally, is anyone else still planning to attend?
Larry and I were planning to be there, but it is far enough away and with the gas prices as they are, we would not go that far unless several others are still planning to be there? What do you say folks?

Larry and Lou in Ohio
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 10-07-2005, 07:58 PM   #29
HDS
2 Rivet Member

We're still planning on being there, even if we're the only ones. I hope others come out too. Sorry to miss ya Lou. Hope to see someone, but I understand the distance and the cost.
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:39 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Hi all,
I am sorry to be a bearer of bad news from the Patterson household.
We will be unable to attend the rally next week due to a previous committment with my Masonic Lodge.
I am terribly sorry for the late notice. I have tried all that I can to find a replacement. This was to no avail.
We will be planning other rallies that may or may not be posted on the "forums". I will be sure to keep in touch with all of the summer rally attendees to keep them abreast of the developments.
Lorrie and I just got back from a fantastic week at the WBCCI Autumn Leaf Rally in Pennsylvania. That rally really got me psyched up to get out one more time before winterizing the Airstream. However, now Lorrie can't make it due to family commitements and with THE LOU now "out" (no offense meant to the other Lou) and with few comfirmed attendees, I think I'll probably (regrettably) end up passing on this Rally. Weather permitting, I think I need to use this weekend to find & fix the water leak we discovered last week during the Autumn Leaf Rally and (also regrettably) to winterize the trailer.

What a depressing time of year - when you realize that you have no more trips to take with your Airstream (or Argosy) this year.

It kinda makes me envious those WBCCI'ers that are just going to head south and keep right on using their Airstreams. Of course I don't want to wish years of my life away . . . maybe I just need to go get a lottery ticket.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
dry camping

I think that if all of your systems are good...heating that is...you could probably do a few more weekends. We usually don't get any freezing weather until around Thanksgiving down this way. Larry and I are looking forward to a few more weekends in Ohio and Pennsylvania maybe.

We hope to make this weekend rally!! Maybe Lou P. and family would consider visiting us one evening at Ja-Do even if they can't come camping???
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 10-11-2005, 08:37 AM   #32
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Wish we could make it...

We'll be in NC visiting relatives, love to be on the list for future rallies sorry it didn't work out for our attendance this year. Hope you all have a great time.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Fall rally

I thought we had better bring this back to the top. Larry and I are still going to try to make it. Hoping to see a couple of you at Ja-Do too. Sounds like a cool and perhaps rainy weekend, so I have packed a couple of extra quilts. Hopefully some of the beautiful Fall weather and tree color will join us there too. Today I made a batch of spicy chili to freeze and bring along for the trip. Gotta' go and dig out the marshmallow forks. We were hoping to share a marshmallow or two with Alexandra Patterson, but looks like we will be snacking alone.
Just a few days to go!! Hope you will join us!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 10-17-2005, 07:02 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Andy...

Why Professor , I am touched by this really cool tribute. sniff I was thinking, you're always so good at figuring things out, do you think you could come up with a way to get the skipper to stop whacking me!?

Brad and I just returned two days ago from a month trip around Lake Michigan and Lake Superior with a million chores to catch up on or we would be there now. We leave but again Thursday for Wisconsin for my son's wedding. But we will be wishing you all well and hoping to "hook-up" with you again real soon! Nanu-nanu! It's all about Lou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
We will not be able to attend due to a prior commitment.

Here is a little somthing I have been kicking around since the Otisville rally.

The tune is the Gilligans Island theme song, the words speak for themselves.

Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale

A tale of a camping trip
That started on the internet
And wound up being hip

The mate was a handy photo gal
Of the skipper we’re not sure
The trailers met in Otisville
For a three day tour, a three day tour

The weather was a bit unsure
The trailers were Airstream
We all unhooked and set up camp
And took in the scene, and took in the scene

The rally was a lot of fun the campers we’re all similes
With Argosy’s
And Airstreams too
A vintage one, with a car.
A Fu Fu Rig
Some small, some big
Here at Covenant Hills

So this is the tale of the forums folks
Who all first met online
Till Lou came up with a crazy plan
That was a real good time.

The photo gal and big Lou too
Had done their very best
To make the Metro Detroit thing
A rousing Success

With meals, and gifts and flamingos
And campfires at night
The wonderful internet date
Was one big delight

So if you get a chance my friends.
Be sure to join our crew
Just one more thing to keep in mind
Its all about LOU, Its all about LOU

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 05:20 PM   #35
HDS
2 Rivet Member

Rally Report

Just a quick post to let everyone know that the impromptu Metro-Detroit Fall Rally was a complete success. A good time was had by all and one. We had a great time meeting and getting to know Lou and Larry, trying to get our furnace running(didn't work) and just hanging out and relaxing. Everyone who missed it missed it. Hope to see you next time. By the way, Lou makes pretty good chili.
The campground is pretty nice, but the sites are small, at least where we were. It would have been neat to come over the hill and see eight or ten Airstreams and Argosy's in the hollow, but it would have been tight. After telling Lou about the availability of wood, the campground ran out last weekend. They did set us up with a farmer down the road so we did have firewood.
Anyway, thank you Lou for setting this up and I hope we can get together next year, because if Larry and Lou are an example of folks on this board, I'd love to get to know some more of you, and Lou, I have to meet you.
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:16 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Mini-impromptu rally

Harold is so right!! We did have a great time. The Hollow was small, but empty and we missed seeing all of you! It was a very quiet, beautiful place. We had a lovely full moon, wonderful stars and a great campfire!! Plus good companionship. Larry and Harold spent a little time trying to get the furnace working....fired a couple of times, but wouldn't stay on. Harold plans to tackle that this next week and clean out some more gunk. LeeAnn and I learned that we had much in common as we are both teachers and could talk about our experiences for hours!! However, the menfolk stuck at the campfire until 3 a.m. on Fri. night, while the women gave it up an hour or two earlier!! Time flies when you are having fun!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 10-17-2005, 09:21 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
What's missing???

What's missing???.........more Airstreams and Argosys!! Hope the rest of you will be able to join us next Spring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-015S.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	15285  
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 10-17-2005, 09:23 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Here we were!

Companionship!! One shiny silver and one "painted" lady.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-014S.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	15286   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-016S.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	15287  

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 10-17-2005, 09:50 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
Anyway, thank you Lou for setting this up and I hope we can get together next year, because if Larry and Lou are an example of folks on this board, I'd love to get to know some more of you, and Lou, I have to meet you.
Uh-oh!
I see you have been talking with Larry and Lou a little too much, Harold!
I have heard that you either love me or hate me!
I really wish I could have made it. If it is any consolation, I had no fun this past weekend. I was in Nashville trying to kick off my own automation training consulting business. I have found that I do not like golf!
I will be planning a rally for the spring. I will be posting it on a blog and on my soon-to-be opening web-site. Look for details in your email.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:52 PM   #40
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
We were hoping to share a marshmallow or two with Alexandra Patterson, but looks like we will be snacking alone.
Just a few days to go!! Hope you will join us!
I got to hear all about the "marshmallow deal" from Alex. I had to light a fire in the fire pit in the backyard on Sunday evening. She gave me the guilt trip thing and I had to do marshmallows then.
She did mention that it was not the same as "rally marshmallows"!