Old 10-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #351

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
Spoon - Missing in Action

Hello Everyone,

We had a great time this weekend. It's always fun to get together this time of year. Thanks to Alan and his better half for arranging this event. It was fun to see familiar faces and always nice to meet the new attendees.

Unfortunately, we left a family heirloom (well, not quite an heirloom...) behind and I'm hoping somebody has it in their possesion. See the picture below - The larger of the spoons shown below is a small serving spoon - that's the one I misplaced. It's larger than a teaspoon (also shown in the picture). Notice the leaf pattern at the tip of the handle.

This spoon has been in our family for years and in the Airstream since 1992 when my parents owned the trailer - so it's very special. Thanks to you who may have rescued it at the Saturday evening pot luck. Please send a PM and I'll gladly pay for postage to send it home.

I've also included some pictures of the fall foliage - it sure was a nice day to drive through the mountains today!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	133-3360_IMG.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	731.5 KB
ID:	89721   Click image for larger version

Name:	133-3348_IMG.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	89722  

Name:	133-3349_IMG.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	914.8 KB
ID:	89723   Click image for larger version

Name:	133-3350_IMG.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	89724  

Name:	133-3351_IMG.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	89725  

Lucius and Danielle
1992 29' Excella Classic
1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #352
1 Rivet Member
2008 23' Safari FB SE
Roswell , Georgia
Thanks everyone. We had a nice time. Especially enjoyed the tour of homes. Addison is still talking about going to see "other peoples campers". Hope we can come again in the spring.

Jessica, Doug, Addison, Colden, and Raleigh
2008 Safari 23 FB
GA-Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #353
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
That spoon was on the serving table when I picked up our stuff. It was one of the last things on the table.

mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #354
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
For those who didn't attend - Here's a summary of a great weekend.

We just returned from the GA Mountain Fairground and a perfect weekend with Vintage Trailers (and their friends). The weather was awful, until departure day. My luck was worse! The park, the Open House, the music (for some), and the fellowship were tremendous.

As many of you know, Beth and I have been traveling to the GA Mountain Fairground every Fall for a gathering called Falluminum. Each Spring and Fall a group of folks who have or love vintage trailers (25 years or more since birth)gather to share stores, share food, share ideas, and hold an outdoor party. This year, for the first time, we took our own vintage trailer!

I left Friday morning to get set-up in the daylight and potential change sites if needed. Some of the sites are a little less than level. 20 minutes from home, I noticed a growing hole in a front window on our Airstream. I didn't want to replace the old rock guard, because of looks and expense, when we cleaned it up this past spring. I turned around and headed home. Beth and I spent most of the day obtaining and installing a Lexan window to replace the glass. Back on the road at 3:30 in hopes of beating dark. 2 hours out, the rain started. I arrived just after dark, in a downpour.

My site (no extras they said) was far from level. Since I left ahead of the rest of the clan, I got to back in to a dark site and attempt leveling. In rain, leaves, and dark, I somehow managed to level the camper. I used every flat thing in the truck to raise one side 6". It only took 45 minutes. After finishing setup and raising the awning, the rain slowed for party light hanging.

The next morning, we had pot luck breakfast. The rain was over. The temperature had cooled to the upper 50s and the wind was up. Food was great (all warm too). By the time Open House started...that's when everyone allows complete strangers to tour their trailer (old and new)...the temperature was in the low 50s. It's amazing how different identical trailers can be. I must have toured 25 or 30 trailers and shown ours to as many folks. Pot luck dinner was wonderful, but the weather sent most, who weren't headed to the 3 Dog Night Concert, indoors. We spent time by a propane yuppy fire and by a wood smoker that looked remarkably like a campfire. At bedtime the temperature was 40.

This morning the sun was shining, the temperature was 36 and it was time to head home.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #355
Rivet Master
1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
A Great Time as Always

Thanks Alan and Shannon! You've done it again and hosted another fabulous Falluminum. As usual, I didn't get a chance to see or talk to everyone as much as I wanted. So many Airstream friends, so little time! Here's a few pics:

Name:	FIMG_6073.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	89730 Click image for larger version

Name:	FIMG_6105.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	89731

Name:	FIMG_6125.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	89732 Click image for larger version

Name:	FIMG_6267.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	89733

There are a bunch more on my blog at Traveling With Elvis. If you click on the slide show it will open the Picasa album. Feel free to download whatever you wish.

Danielle, I hope you find your spoon.
Traveling With Elvis
life with a 1956 Sovereign of the Road

Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #356
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Dang Matt, you stole some of my thunder.

Here's our story, for any of you that may have missed it this weekend...

This was our first "real" camping trip in our still-under-restoration Vintage 'Stream. We had never pulled it for any real length until this weekend. Susan hadn't even slept in it until Friday night.

We had lots of rain and wind on the way up there. Mountain roads, up and down. A 12 year old tow vehicle that was woefully underpowered for those roads. Man, was it cold! The turkey took forever to cook, wouldn't get done. Sunday morning, it was 42 degrees INSIDE the Airstream! Moisture everywhere.

So somebody tell me, when are gonna do this again? We LOVED every second of it! We especially enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones. Even got to go by and visit with PizzaChop & Company on the way home. I think we're gonna enjoy this Airstreaming thing. On our way to Florida for Thanksgiving! Thanks for the good times guys.

Oh yeah, can the folks that made the chili at dinner last night please post the recipes? I loved all of 'em (I think I got some at least a spoonful of each and every one).

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:19 AM   #357
3 Rivet Member
2008 25' Safari
Jasper , Georgia
Thanks Alan for a great rally
This was our first rally of any kind ever. They can't all be this much fun. We met some great people, ate some wonderful food, saw some fabulous Airstreams and even saw a great concert. Can't wait for the next one. Thanks Alan for organizing these.

Paul & Dee
Paul&Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:34 AM   #358
1954 15' Byam Holiday
1955 15' Byam Holiday
Athens , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to lwebb Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb
Turkey Precursor

Anybody interested in a beach trip the weekend before Thanksgiving. Some of us are headed to Hunting Island State Park SC for a long weekend.
Hunting Island State Park Camping Campgrounds RV Tent Camping
Lanny & Priscilla
Athens, GA
WBCCI #1094
lwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #359
Addicted to Aluminum
1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
Had a great (albeit cold and wet) time! Now I gotta fix Geven's hard work!!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0704.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	89737  

there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #360
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
--- L&D we may have your spoon .....not sure but we did see an extra and may have picked it up until claimed...will check it out after I get home today.
I will post the thread for SPRINGSTREAM too.....
1966 Overlander
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #361
4 Rivet Member
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
I'd like to thank Alan & Shannon for putting on a great rally. This is our second forum rally. Springstream and Falluminum. We met a lot of great people. We will be back for Springstream 2010. I can see there will be more Dutch Ovens going in the spring. This is good. I love the taste of the food from a Dutch Oven.

We made it home with no problems. What a great day for traveling. Sun shine all the way home. The sun like to shine through my LARGE front windshield. I was cooking in the sun most of the way home.

We will see a lot of you at Can Opener 2010. I have heard that this rally is also a lot of fun. After the rally we are going to head south to Fort Myers for 10 days.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #362
Rivet Master
1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Hey everyone who was at the Rally. (And anyone else reading this, by the way).

Sue and I are sad we couldn't make it this year, but look forward to SpringStream (April 9 weekend) (also the CanOpener in Jan).

With all the reports and pics, I have not heard more than one peep about the concert (someone didn't go and sat by a yuppy fire). Maybe the concert happened but was overshadowed by the wonderful and all-consuming Rally fun. Yeah, that's it.

One of the things that I really like about the Rallys is the participation in live music. I am planning on going to the CanOpener (Jan) and SpringStream (April) and hope to get a chance to play.

Please keep posting your pics and comments. I hope that Lucious' spoon does show up, and Geven's graffiti can be saved (oops, I meant fixed).

Phil and/or Sue w/ Cheryl & Penny and Roger
(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/2015)
1997 34' Excella
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:14 AM   #363
4 Rivet Member
2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
Robin and I (Silverexpres) had a great time and enjoyed the Three Dog Night Concert. They put on a good set and the audience was very appreciative. Also who can beat the short travel time back to the trailer instead of highway travel by vehicle. The tour of homes was great, the fall foliage was beautiful and all the events went well. Good seeing everyone! Robin and I will not be able to make the Springstream Rally since that conflicts with our trip to New Orleans same same weekend for the French Quarter Festival. If anyone is interested we are staying at the French Quarter RV Park which is immediately adjacent to the French Quarter. See the link below for some pictures of the Falluminum Trip.

Falluminum 2009
Oct 23, 2009
by bluesnote21

copy and paste the following into your browser:
Picasa Web Albums - bluesnote21 - Falluminum 2009
John & Robin
99 27' Safari
AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #364
3 Rivet Member
2007 19' Bambi
2005 18' Westphalia
Evans , GA
We had a great time at our first Airstream event and plan to attend more. We just need to find the free weekends!
Our two busy teenage boys have us booked almost every weekend. Sometimes their events give us an excuse to use the Mod Pod. Unfortunately, it is not looking good for November.
The tour of homes was great. Dave has been bitten by the vintage bug and wants a project trailer. This will be a great excuse to build that shed/barn he keeps talking about.
We hope to fit Springstream...Dutchstream...and others...into our schedule, we had a blast meeting everyone!

Bird's Nest is offline   Reply With Quote

falluminum, georgia, rally