Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #201
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky View Post
We were talking about this tonight. Am I to late for the core list tickets. There will be no gate admissions this year. This is my very first year with my AS and would love to attend. ant ideas?
Dan

Hi Dan,
You are going to have to find tickets through some other means but there will be some that come up. One popped up on this thread a little while ago in fact. I would just put out some feelers and see what comes up.
I have good friends in Gig Harbor. Do you know of a local band called Rokkerbox? Matt & Kimber Lawrence?
Cheers,
Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #202
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Thanks Rich, Well guys I'll put it out there. Anybody with tickets please contact me.
Dan
Old 05-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #203

1974 27' Overlander
San Francisco , California
Greetings. Came across this thread and I'm just popping my head up to say "Howdy." I ranger with Barts and camp at the Free Photography Zone located on the 3:00 plaza. (Its the wood framed photo studio). In the past I've slept in the back of my minivan, but with my wife joining me on the playa for the first time, we are stepping up to our new used Airstream

The gates open in 104 days!

Best regards,
Jake '=:(l)
Argyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #204
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Ticket for the firsts with the best

Sorry I've been busy, doing geology even, out of town. Here's the deal. Placement tells me that two of our designated tickets didn't get used, and they are reissuing them to Airstreameri and Geologists.
So, if Monte doesn't need one, I'm proposing that the firsts with the best way and how they will help our camp could get the designated ticket codes. You'll be assigned to carry on with ChollaBill and Anne's Playa Post Cards booth, a scientific talk and or demonstrations on the best way for brushing aluminum, and be assistant on MOOP patrol Bringing a Mutant Vehicle will be a plus. Or you may have an even better proposal on how you can help us wow the community. Best plan a project you can do mostly yourself, we don't have too much extra spare help for projects.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #205
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Sorry I've been busy, doing geology even, out of town. Here's the deal. Placement tells me that two of our designated tickets didn't get used, and they are reissuing them to Airstreameri and Geologists.
So, if Monte doesn't need one, I'm proposing that the firsts with the best way and how they will help our camp could get the designated ticket codes. You'll be assigned to carry on with ChollaBill and Anne's Playa Post Cards booth, a scientific talk and or demonstrations on the best way for brushing aluminum, and be assistant on MOOP patrol Bringing a Mutant Vehicle will be a plus. Or you may have an even better proposal on how you can help us wow the community. Best plan a project you can do mostly yourself, we don't have too much extra spare help for projects.
Well that's interesting, I thought there were folks needing tickets. Or is it just folks wanting an nice parking place and access to tickets to some festival somewhere; and not interested in helping to make the best placed BurningMan theme camp in 3:00. These designated ticket codes will expire end of this month, and I'm leaving reliable internet connection for...probably until June.

NevadaGeo
Old 05-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #206
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Okay Burners and Birgins. Now is the time to begin planning in earnest. The powers that be want more details about our camp and back channel chatter suggests that we are going to have some serious Trailer Park shenanigans.

We are a group of the coolest trailers around and Trailer Trash just seems to fit. Everyone dust off your pink flamingoes and tacky lounge wear and plan to decorate your campsite in the tackiest, er, most lovely possible way. Be sure to make it inviting to guests (interactive you know). Let's have a center courtyard on the "other side of the tracks" for lounging and entertaining. We will have some Geologists spreading the word about the playa which is always inspiring especially after cocktails.

So maybe something like this:
Monday: Meet and greet happy hour (Cheezwhiz anyone?)
Tutu Tuesday with cocktails and croquet
Carnival Wednesday (fun and games fo sho)
Potluck Thursday with performing Geologists
Friday: Mid day lounge chair nap off? Or ???

Start creating some swell props and signage.
Suggestions and silly ideas are always welcome.
Let's have some fun!

Cheers.

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #207
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
It just took 24 minutes to load this page, sheesh. Somebody I don't know sent me a PM about ticket, doubt that will load before tommorrow. Forget about my MSN email out here.
Bam, I've been telling everyone the potluck is Wed, 6ish with geotalks after, and maybe more talks other days. Hoping to get some of the Friends of Black Rock to show up so we can slyly get them to do some geotalk too. We probaby could do leftovers Thursday too. I feel like a leftover today.

NevadaGeo
Old 05-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #208
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
We'll come by and interact, since we won't be in the camp this year. We'll be at Berlin ranger station and would love it if you weren't too far away. I'll bring my hedgehogs for croquet.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #209
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Reno , Nevada
As a local (Reno) and a 9 year veteran my advice is to boycott this year. The ticketing nonsense has excluded so many long timers that even people who have tickets are dumping them... The theme this year should be "frat party" because there won't be enough BRC citizens to show the virgins what's up... We are all expecting a mess this year not worth the time or effort. Expect a "re-boot" 2013...

Cheers,
Tom
onemanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #210
Rivet Master

That's too bad. The lack of experienced citizens will be worsened by not having you there to guide and instruct the newbies.

Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #211
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Bend , Oregon
Bam, thanks for the marching orders! I’ll start scouring the thrift stores for extra flamingos and bring whatever else to enhance our trailer trash environment (including appropriate cheezewiz and vienna sausage-based tray pass hors d'oeuvres).
Wish I had a corn hole game...
RG Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #212
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
If the theme is to relate to "trailer park trash" may I suggest the following? One of the funniest TV series to hit Canadian airwaves was " Trailer Park Boys" for 6 seasons..I have DVDs of the series annd they are side spliiters. Julian, Bubbles and Ricky who live in Medowvale Trailer PArk are always trying to find ways to make money be it selling dope or stealing groceries. In any event, its very funny.

We could put up a TV and play the DVDs non stop at night. I have a generator and the DVS...all we need is a TV and some chairs.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #213
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Whatever works, we are in.

Our Mutant is progressing, the paint when on this past weekend.

The mechanization starts this week. Already designed and the metal is cut, just the fabrication to go.

Of course it will have boat seats and a white cotton top by the time it gets to the playa.

I hope the folks at the DMV see things our way!

The first pic is the carriage mock up for our DMV app.

The last is the paint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	playa queen.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	458.9 KB
ID:	158933

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	481.1 KB
ID:	158934

Regards,

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #214
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
If the theme is to relate to "trailer park trash" may I suggest the following? One of the funniest TV series to hit Canadian airwaves was " Trailer Park Boys" for 6 seasons..I have DVDs of the series annd they are side spliiters. Julian, Bubbles and Ricky who live in Medowvale Trailer PArk are always trying to find ways to make money be it selling dope or stealing groceries. In any event, its very funny.

We could put up a TV and play the DVDs non stop at night. I have a generator and the DVS...all we need is a TV and some chairs.
Perfect!
We have loads of chairs. (some are even leftovers forgotten from previous years)
I'll bring popcorn and cheap libations.
Now if someone can bring a viewable screen...

Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #215
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coleman View Post
Bam, thanks for the marching orders! I’ll start scouring the thrift stores for extra flamingos and bring whatever else to enhance our trailer trash environment (including appropriate cheezewiz and vienna sausage-based tray pass hors d'oeuvres).
Wish I had a corn hole game...
Can't wait to see the gorgeous lounge wear you'll be sporting from the thrift store!

Old 05-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #216
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalrymple View Post
Whatever works, we are in.

Our Mutant is progressing, the paint when on this past weekend.

The mechanization starts this week. Already designed and the metal is cut, just the fabrication to go.

Of course it will have boat seats and a white cotton top by the time it gets to the playa.

Ship ahoy!
Looking good.
I see a playa boat christening ceremony in our future.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #217
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
It just took 24 minutes to load this page, sheesh. Somebody I don't know sent me a PM about ticket, doubt that will load before tommorrow. Forget about my MSN email out here.
Bam, I've been telling everyone the potluck is Wed, 6ish with geotalks after, and maybe more talks other days. Hoping to get some of the Friends of Black Rock to show up so we can slyly get them to do some geotalk too. We probaby could do leftovers Thursday too. I feel like a leftover today.
Potluck Wednesday it is...with the hilarious and always entertaining geologists immediately following. Bring something fresh for Perry.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #218
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Reno , Nevada
This year's lottery solution to ticketing has been an unmitigated success story! In fact, it’s been so well received by Burners the world over that it’s being expanded to include other areas of this year’s Burn. The lottery will be used for many attractions and services within the city including porta-potties, ice vending, the Center Camp Café, and entering the Temple as well as the city itself.

“If there’s one thing we learned from this process, it’s that randomly selecting winners is the most efficient method of operation possible in situations like these,” said Burning Man founder Larry Harvey. “As with ticket sales, rewarding people with the opportunity to buy ice or leave letters in the temple in the order they showed up just didn’t seem fair in our eyes, so we’re eliminating the first come, first served (FCFS) system…for everything.”
Old 05-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #219
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
WHOOOO HOOOOO Got our tickets ordered this morning. Thanks Bamcamper and Nevadageo.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #220
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky
WHOOOO HOOOOO Got our tickets ordered this morning. Thanks Bamcamper and Nevadageo.
"ordered"? Aren't you a bit late?