Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #61
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Greg,

I plan to get over to see the beach "first hand" within the next week and reconfirm the clubhouse reservations for Beachstream. It appears that we have been lucky with the oil, and future forecasts are favorable. We have reservations at Henderson Beach in three weeks, if I can talk Jenn into another camping trip.....we're both still recovering from the last "big" one.

After enjoying the low temps and humidity in the Northeast, our local weather is kicking our butts..........man, it is hot!

Ron

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #62
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Hello. New to the Airstream family. We picked up our FC just this past weekend. My 6 year old son and I are very excited about our first rally at our favorite vacation spot (Beaches of South Walton 30-A). Site 115.

Looking forward to meeting everyone...
Chris
cms4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #63
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Welcome Chris, we look forward to meeting you and your son also.
This should be an awesome weekend.
Joe
Old 07-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Greg,

I plan to get over to see the beach "first hand" within the next week and reconfirm the clubhouse reservations for Beachstream. It appears that we have been lucky with the oil, and future forecasts are favorable. We have reservations at Henderson Beach in three weeks, if I can talk Jenn into another camping trip.....we're both still recovering from the last "big" one.

After enjoying the low temps and humidity in the Northeast, our local weather is kicking our butts..........man, it is hot!

Ron
Will be anxiously waiting your assessment of the site for the "Beachstream" event. We live in Michigan and won't be able to attend the event this year, but we are planning to attend the "Can Opener" in January for the first time. We've heard about complaints of strong odors and eye irritation, etc. in the area My wife lived in Seagrove Beach for eight years.
at the lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #65
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Update

Jenn and I paid a visit to Topsail yesterday, and have the following update:

- Beaches are clean. According to the Ranger we spoke with, the few tiny tar balls that have been discovered were quickly removed. Forecast is for "no" oil problems.
- Everyone should be aware of the "new" entrance. You now enter Topsail where the "old" day use entrance was (it is clearly marked).
- There will be 113 units checking in on Friday/3 Sep, so it is advisable to arrive as close to the checkout time (1:00 PM) as possible. I know that check in is supposed to be 3:00, but due to the Labor Day volume they are encouraging early arrivals. I asked about an even earlier check in and was told that it would be no problem if the site had been unoccupied the night before. I would expect that checking in during the late afternoon will require some patience.....we plan to arrive around noon on Friday.....maybe earlier.
- Please have your tag nos., and FL ID (if getting the old age discount) ready at check in......it will speed things along.

I would like to try and get a good headcount of Beachstream attendees. It appears that we have 12 units.....but, I'm not sure. If you have not done so, please respond to the RSVP page: RSVP along with site number, so we can update the map. I am a bit confused on site 127....originally booked by "Lemontree" but now occupied by "StanandLynn" ??????

Elmo's Restaurant (about 1/2 mile from Topsail on 30A) will again be featuring their all-you-can-eat "Crab Fest" for $25 a head, along with $.99 gumbo. This for all those who are interested in dining out Friday evening.

I reconfirmed reservations for the Clubhouse on Saturday and Sunday. I will post a signup sheet for the Saturday potluck dinner, along with some other info within the next day or so. First, I need to know who would be interested in a Sunday morning potluck breakfast around 9:00 AM. Please reply with your preference.....if there is a majority, we'll do it.

We did a quick drive thru of the 100 loop, and Topsail looks great! It will be crowded this Labor Day, but this should be a fun rally! We looking forward to it.

Ron

AIR # 22776
Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
As you know Wes and Peggy (AWPPC) never post but they will be in 131. We are in 129, unless my memory is playing more tricks than usual.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #67
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Please be mindful of the keypad placement at the new gate. The "upper" keypad (for Class A drivers) is perfectly positioned to break your front curved window and crease the driver's side of your Airstream if you don't allow additional space from the "lower" keypad as you pull through the gate.

OR, just have a tow vehicle wider than your Airstream.

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Ike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
The 113 units checking in on Friday is not surprising but could really create some traffic issues. I think we will go Thursday and miss all of the excitement. You can never have too many nights at the beach.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:43 AM   #69
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rising Fawn , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
I am a bit confused on site 127....originally booked by "Lemontree" but now occupied by "StanandLynn" ??????
Ron
We changed our name midstream. We are still planning to attend.

A pot luck breakfast always sounds good!
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 AM   #70
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanandLynn View Post
We changed our name midstream. We are still planning to attend.
Chief, check their secret handshake very closely, lot of identity theft going on around here!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:32 AM   #71
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rising Fawn , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
Chief, check their secret handshake very closely, lot of identity theft going on around here!
You're just trying to throw me off with that handshake bit...it's a secret phrase: It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #72

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanandLynn View Post
You're just trying to throw me off with that handshake bit...it's a secret phrase: It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
Just wait till they find out you recently switched trailers on them too!

We'll catch you guys next Spring.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #73
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Beachstream Happenings

Events

Friday – Meet & Greet with extended Happy Hour. Just come to the back row of the 100 loop (sites #124-133) and listen for the sound of laughter. Some folks plan to eat out at a restaurant, while others will remain onsite to monitor the beverages.

Saturday mid-morning – World famous Bloody Marys hosted by Joe & Annette at site #128

Saturday (5:00 PM) - Happy Hour at the Clubhouse, followed by Potluck Dinner at 6:00 PM. Post-dinner activities are still in the planning stage.

Sunday – We have the clubhouse all day. No Potluck Breakfast due to lack of interest, but we will keep the clubhouse in reserve in case we want to use it for an evening Happy Hour.

Potluck Dinner

Black Angus Burgers with all the “fixins” will be provided by the collective efforts of Chief, Luckyducks, GolferBob, AirHeadsRus, Roadtoaster and AWPCC.

The clubhouse has a well-equipped kitchen, with cooking utensils, but it would be a good idea to bring your own plates/silverware. We still need some side dishes, desserts, and maybe some snacks for Happy Hour. If you would like to contribute, just copy this posting…..add your name and dish to the list, and repost.

Potluck Dinner Signup

Bread Pudding w/Jack Daniels sauce – MzChief

AIR # 22776
Old 07-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Beachstream Map

Let me know if you see any errors or need to have changes made. Click on the map image below to make it larger. Use the print settings "fit to page" or similar to print out on a full size page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beachstream2010_462765.gif
Views:	125
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	107820  
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #75
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Countdown

Only three weeks until it's party time!

At last count we have about 34 attendees for the Saturday Potluck Dinner. We still need some side dishes, desserts, and maybe some snacks for Happy Hour. To add to the list, just copy this posting, add your name & dish....and repost.

Potluck Dinner Signup

Black Angus Burgers with all the “fixins” - provided by the collective efforts of Chief, Luckyducks, GolferBob, AirHeadsRus, Roadtoaster and AWPCC.
Bread Pudding w/Jack Daniels sauce – MzChief

AIR # 22776
Old 08-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #76
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Chief,
I got me one of them little folding clown bikes like yours. Now we can go riding like a parade. Is Devoman going to be there any, we could get painted up!
Joe
Old 08-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #77
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
Chief,
I got me one of them little folding clown bikes like yours. Now we can go riding like a parade. Is Devoman going to be there any, we could get painted up!
Joe
Joe,

Great idea on the parade! Probably start just after the morning Bloody Marys!

I don't think Devo is going to make it, but we could borrow some of the wive's stuff. I offered to help Devo out in Key West during Fantasyfest but I told him that I would have to rely on my "finger painting" skills.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple of weeks.....sure hope some of this humidity goes away.

Ron

AIR # 22776
Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #78
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Canopener 2011

Will not be able to make Beachstream 2010, but do plan to attend Canopener 2011. Anyone know the dates for the Canopener? Will be in the area I think when the event takes place at Topsail.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #79
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlfox View Post
Will not be able to make Beachstream 2010, but do plan to attend Canopener 2011. Anyone know the dates for the Canopener? Will be in the area I think when the event takes place at Topsail.
The Canopener 2011 dates should be 7-9 January. Many, including us, will be there 6-9 January.....and some stay much longer. It would probably be a good idea to make your reservations......a lot of folks already have. I believe that Devoman plans to start a Canopener thread after Sept 1st.

Ron

AIR # 22776
Old 08-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #80
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Ron, thanks for the quick response. We will be in the area around 12-19. If you need a gofer to help with things, please call on us. Noticed that sites have been closing fast. Have reserved 156 for our stay. Will be looking forward to Devoman's thread after 9-1. Thanks again.
Roger