Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2002, 02:58 PM   #1
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
WBCCI Membership for free

New membership program:

One free year WBCCI membership, be extended to include the new owner of any used Airstream purchased from any private party or non -Airstream dealer, providing legal proof of purchase is provided to WBCCI. This applies to only individuals who have never before been members of WBCCI.

I thought this might interest some of our new Airstream owners

here is a link to WBCCI for more info

www.wbbci.org
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 09:42 PM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I'm sure you mistyped.

The link is www.wbcci.org
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 05:50 AM   #3
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Yep, My bad. jcanavera has posted the correct link.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 03-31-2002, 12:42 PM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
I did a little research and the free membership is for new and used AS buyers who purchased on or after January 18, 2002.

Sorry Fred!
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 07-30-2002, 10:44 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
Free membership extended

FYI,
The WBCCI approved the new owners incentive program of a free year of membership to to the new AS owner, who has never belonged to WBCCI for another year at the 7/6/02 IBT meeting.

John
83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 09:31 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

John,

I want to make sure I've got this right. As long as we own an Airstream, and have never belonged to WBCCI, we are eligible to receive the first year of membership free?

I ask specifically because my father-in-law has owned his 73 Soveriegn for years, but has never belonged to WBCCI. We thought we would join together if this is the case.

Thank you for your clarification!

Michael
mwilleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 10:13 AM   #7

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Michael,
The purchase of the trailer had to be after a date that was set in 2002. If he owned the trailer previous to that, he is not eligible for the free first year membership. It's not a retro offer for those who have owned Airstreams for years but never joined WBCCI.

I just jumped over to the WBCCI web site and they still haven't posted anything about this. I dropped them an email and asked them to post the rules about free membership so we can refer those with questions to that page. You can email or call them to get additional information. The web site is www.wbcci.org

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 10:23 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Jack,

That's how I thought it worked. But, if you read John's post prior to mine, he states the "new membership incentive program" as of 7-6-02, which didn't mention anything about a purchase date. I was hoping maybe they did away with that requirement.

If I was smart, I would contact WBCCI myself?

Thanks

Michael
Old 08-04-2002, 07:17 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
Clarification

I was taking it right from a letter I received recapping the Int'l convention and that is how it was written. To clarify, the program offers new owners of AS free 1 yr membership if the new or used AS is purchased from an AS dealer and if the notification is reported to WBCCI by AS (it is a good idea to followup on this to be sure wbcci gets the info from the dealer). The same free membership shall be provided to the new owner of any used AS purchased from a private party or non-AS dealer provided proof of purchase dated on or after 1/18/02 is provided to WBCCI. Reference Blue Beret 3/02.
Any questions should be addressed to WBCCI.

John
Old 08-04-2002, 08:32 AM   #10
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Question Question

83Excella ... isn't that "on or AFTER 1/18/02? I believe that is the correct reading.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 09:43 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

BEFORE or AFTER is the pivital question????????

Michael
Old 08-04-2002, 09:57 AM   #12
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Logic

Only after makes any sense. Otherwise, it would exclude everyone now buying used trailers. I'm sure that isn't the intention.

BTW: Airstream forgot to inform WBCCI about my purchase. I had to call the dealer to get things rolling. I also called Kathy at WBCCI and she was just great. As soon as Airstream confirmed my purchase, she had the membership package on the way to me as a member at large through 2003. The local unit then waived my dues through 2003 and "adopted" me.

I am the 51st member in the local unit. I'm going with a friend to the monthly luncheon next Tuesday. There are several rallys scheduled the balance of the year and I intend to be there.

I'm also going to the TrailManor TrailBlazer rally in September as a SOB (Some Other Brand). I'm still technically the Region Director, although I'm no longer qualified since trading my TrailManor. I was elected TrailBlazer National Vice President, but that too was automatically passed to the second candidate when I sold the TM.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 12:10 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
Correction

My previous post has been corrected to read "on or after 1/18/02".

John
Old 05-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #14
Peg

1974 31' Excella 500
Broadview , Montana
It's ridiculous for WBCCI not to extend this invitation to any new owner regardless.
It is much easier for one to renew rather than to make a commitment to "jump in."
Some new owners will remain, some will leave. Its a chance a "club" such as WBCCI should take.
The stipulations WBCCI presents shows a bit about their objective; they are money hungry. JMHO I don't mean to offend those whom belong. This is an observation. I'm not one of the "we" people, yet. I DO understand the original intention of WBCCI. In my "limited" reading WBCCI seems to have become bogged down with rules/regulations and money. I DO understand money makes the world go 'round...because of lawyers/liability and such.
CanoeCalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
We did give away memberships for a couple of years. We sent out magazines and keep them in the database. After the one year free membership only 11% to 14% renewed. The leadership decided we spent more money doing it that the few memberships we got out of it and canceled the program. I am not sure what % of the 11% that renewed for one year renewed for a second year. It is doubtable that many ever even participated at all. We have 43% of the MAL's that do not renew the second year. It is likely they do not participate. They may feel they do not get their money's worth from the $85 membership. The higher level of renewals for members that are associated with a local, likely means that those people feel they get more for their money than the MAL's and therefore renew at a greater percentage. That is my analysis anyway. Usually, what you get for free you, consider worth what you paid for it.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #16
Peg

1974 31' Excella 500
Broadview , Montana
Thank you for the informative, civil and logical answer.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Hi, CanoeCalm,

Welcome to the forums!

I wonder if you noticed that the post to which you replied was in 2002, 9 years ago now. Whether for better or worse, WBCCI hasn't offered free memberships to new Airstream buyers for quite a few years.

Cheers,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #18
Peg

1974 31' Excella 500
Broadview , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Hi, CanoeCalm,

Welcome to the forums!

I wonder if you noticed that the post to which you replied was in 2002, 9 years ago now. Whether for better or worse, WBCCI hasn't offered free memberships to new Airstream buyers for quite a few years.

Cheers,
Nuvi
Yes, I realized the post was from a FEW years ago....There must be something out there to promote the fellowship rather than big red numbers and rules/regulations and a "sanctioned" rally. I may be missing the point of what I believe WBCCI is, but in the letter Wally wrote, I believed it was to promote fellowship amongst Airstream owners. It seems things have become bogged down in muck and mire of rules and who's on first. Only MY Observation and I do not mean to offend anyone.

From private posts I received the area units seem to understand Wally's concept...
I felt it relevant to revive the post because of the various recent posts having the same problems as 7 years ago. There is a problem with gaining members or so it seems. One must think outside the box. If anything comes from the different divisions below corporate, so be it. Some things may flow upward. I believe these units/divisions have a handle on what will bring folks "into the fold."