Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2007, 04:44 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
I can't put them on, they get in the way of my Airforums numbers !

Oh wait, they are the same, silly me.
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:51 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Chris that's pretty cool! You can just outline one color with the other for displaying both at the same time.

Buck thanks for the tip. I will try that too with my extra set. Would be nice to see how our baby would look sporting her numbers up there.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #23
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I can't see what all the fuss is about some future ghosting. I have no intention of leaving one of the most successful WBCCI units in the country (one of the few with membership gain every year). My numbers are adhesive vinyl and will withstand direct carwash spray with no problems, which the supplied decals will not always do.

If I decide to sell the trailer sometime WAY in the future, my number will be up for grabs and any ghosting will be the new owner's problem if they don't want or need my number. The same goes for my trailer name, "Sabre Dog III", which is done in the same vinyl lettering.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #24

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
The nicest looking alternative WBCCI number displays that I have seen are the one on plexiglass hung in the normal number location. As for me, I prefer my numbers on the Airstream for all to see. The big red numbers are part of an Airstream. As far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't have the big red numbers, you might as well remove the letters that spell out "AIRSTREAM".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0851.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	33787  
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:37 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
1955 30' Liner Commodore Vanderbilt
Efland , North Carolina
WE have put our red numbers on a sheet of static cling material. Then apply the whole sheet using soapy water and a squeege just like usual. It stays on even at highway speeds but I can take it off and reuse it later if the trailer is going to stay home for a while.....this is on the 2000 Excella that has a wide center panel. When I get ready to put the numbers on our 13 panel I will use individual static cling numbers which can be purchased from several different sources. We like seeing the numbers on the trailers going down the road cause we like to look them up to see who they are......David & Denese 5225
dlx25225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Originally us squarestream owners did not have to think about things like this. Our coaches where not acceptable to the WBCCI. Now that we are let in even if not always welcome by some, the number ghosting when removed is not a problem.We can just paint over it. So we can just stick and foreget.Just joined WBCCI and FCU and waiting for number.
Some times different is better .

Jimmini

The squarestream family.

You at us because we are different.
We at you because you are all the same.
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #27
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmini
Originally us squarestream owners did not have to think about things like this. Our coaches where not acceptable to the WBCCI. Now that we are let in even if not always welcome by some...
And to think, now they want to allow SOB motorhomes in...times do change. Or at least people do...wait, people don't change, times do...or what is it that changes. I guess it's got to be hair color 'cause I know mine used to be brown and now it is turning gray. Won't be long before it's all gray I guess.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:59 PM   #28
Razorback

2005 30' Classic
Springdale , Arkansas
The red numbers on plexiglass works for us, other than a few remarks from "WBBCI number inspectors" about us not conforming. But a smile and the statement that "at least we're members" usually changes the conversation. We did anchor it to our front sunshade with a suction cup at each corner so the wind wouldn't bang it against the shade. I know we're obstinate members, but it's our AS and we want it all silver!

Sid and Becky
2005 Classic 30 "Twinkie II"
Hensley Arrow
2008 Bighorn 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins
WBCCI Member At Large #2786

Life is not a dress rehearsal, live your dreams!
razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:07 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Who has improvised a way to show their numbers? Plexiglass on suction cups I have heard of. Any others?
We use a plexiglass technique for our Bambi II.

I printed out my numbers in red on regular 8.5" x 11" paper -- one letter per page so the numbers are large. I then cut the numbers out and placed them, red side down, on a piece of plexiglass. I attached the numbers to the plexiglass by placing a sheet of transparent contact paper over the back of the plexiglass which sandwiched the numbers and holds them in place. To display them, I simply prop the numbers in either my front or back window when I need to display them.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:32 AM   #30
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback
The red numbers on plexiglass works for us, other than a few remarks from "WBBCI number inspectors" about us not conforming. But a smile and the statement that "at least we're members" usually changes the conversation. We did anchor it to our front sunshade with a suction cup at each corner so the wind wouldn't bang it against the shade. I know we're obstinate members, but it's our AS and we want it all silver!
The first weekend after we joined WBCCI, before we even got our numbers, we went to the Top of Georgia Airstream Park near Helen Georgia. This is owned by the Georgia Unit and will only accept WBCCI members (from any unit). We noticed that quite a few had mounted their numbers on plexiglas and used the suction cups to anchor them to the solar shade and to the gas tank covers. I guess this is another example of the "____ police" (insert your own experience) that permeates the club. I think every unit has one that polices something from proper flag etiquette to proper number display.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 06-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
1982 28' Airstream 280
Gloucester , Massachusetts
I have a 1968 22ft Safari with at least 2 layers of ""ghost" WBCCI numbers on it, didn't try to remove yet, not sure if I could figure out the numbers that actually go together, but I have a complete list of PO's to search by.

I have owned the Safari for 11years, but have decided to rest it this year to address the rear end sag that has developed over the last year and a half.

My recent addition to the "Fleet" is a 1982 turbo diesel 280 MH with "2689" Ghost numbers showing.

I am Interested in joining th WBCCI and have a few questions.

Do the numbers travel with the owner or the Airstream?

Is 2689 available to activate for the MOHO?

If joining as a new member, do both the trailer and the MOHO need seperate numbers, or can they both share the same ones?

I will be using both in the future once the Safari and the 1954 Ford Panel Truck (TV) get their restorations finished.

Regards, ART
ajheinonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajheinonen
I have a 1968 22ft Safari with at least 2 layers of ""ghost" WBCCI numbers on it, didn't try to remove yet, not sure if I could figure out the numbers that actually go together, but I have a complete list of PO's to search by.

I have owned the Safari for 11years, but have decided to rest it this year to address the rear end sag that has developed over the last year and a half.

My recent addition to the "Fleet" is a 1982 turbo diesel 280 MH with "2689" Ghost numbers showing.

I am Interested in joining th WBCCI and have a few questions.

Do the numbers travel with the owner or the Airstream?

Is 2689 available to activate for the MOHO?

If joining as a new member, do both the trailer and the MOHO need seperate numbers, or can they both share the same ones?

I will be using both in the future once the Safari and the 1954 Ford Panel Truck (TV) get their restorations finished.

Regards, ART
Hi Art,

WBCCI # 2689 for 2007 is in use by members located in IL.

You only need one membership for both Airstreams, meaning the same numbers are assigned to your rigs.

I *highly* recommend you join the New England Unit (NEU). Contact me for info. We are a progressive, fun loving WBCCI Unit. Be sure to check out USA Today in the next few weeks as they covered the first ever WBCCI Wedding Rally, hosted by the NEU. They tell us it will be a multi page spread.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
I've thought 'bout that before (one reason I've not joined) don't need any numbers stuck on my Argosy!!! Maybe placeing 'em on the rear window up high.You can remove them with a razor.Don't know 'bout the front if ya have a rock guard. Brian
wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
1982 28' Airstream 280
Gloucester , Massachusetts
Is there any benefit to look up old numbers from the 1968 safari?

is there a database available to try to figure out what the old numbers were? I do have a paperwork trail of po's.

So based on the reply I got the numbers belong to the member. Is this true?

if you drop out, the numbers must be recycled since my moho numbers were on a unit that has been in Fla since it was built, and not in Il, the po's are still in Fla..

regards, ART
ajheinonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #35
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer1
I've thought 'bout that before (one reason I've not joined) don't need any numbers stuck on my Argosy!!! ...
Don't let that keep you from joining! That dilemma is easy enough to solve by using the plexiglass solution discussed in this thread.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 AM   #36
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
Is there any benefit to look up old numbers from the 1968 safari?

is there a database available to try to figure out what the old numbers were? I do have a paperwork trail of po's.

if you drop out, the numbers must be recycled since my moho numbers were on a unit that has been in Fla since it was built, and not in Il, the po's are still in Fla..
There really isn't a database of old numbers. There are some forum members though who have old WBCCI directories who can look up numbers for you using name or number. The best way to get their attention is to start a separate thread on that topic.

The current directory lists that your numbers belong to another member so you won't be able to get those numbers. If a member drops out, the numbers eventually are recycled. If you want a specific number, you can call WBCCI and talk with them to see if a specific number is available. Their phone number can be found on the WBCCI.org website. Good luck!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:21 AM   #37
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:

regards, ART
When a member "drops out" (most often as a result of age, illness, or death) the number that was assigned to them is held inactive for two years. It is then available to be re-assigned. Sometimes it isn't actually re-assigned for quite some time and you can request it if it is available for exactly the same reason you mention. Often, the numbers are in tact on the trailer and getting them re-assigned to the new owner prevents the removal of the old numbers, leaving the ghost image, and applying new numbers over the ghost image of the old. It also preserves the history of the trailer and ties to the organization through the years and through the different owners. I like the idea.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 06-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2023 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
WBBCI Numbers Display

How about putting the numbers on with a small piece of doubleface tape and then cover the area with 3M Scotchguard Paint Protection Film? I have not used this, but the Plexiglass sounds easy.The film would hold it in place as you go down the road.
knunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:38 AM   #39
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knunut
How about putting the numbers on with a small piece of doubleface tape and then cover the area with 3M Scotchguard Paint Protection Film? I have not used this, but the Plexiglass sounds easy.The film would hold it in place as you go down the road.
I'm not sure what you mean. If you are talking about using this technique to stick the numbers on the trailer, you don't need to do all that extra work because the numbers have adhesive on the back already.

With the plexiglass technique, the piece of plexiglass is typically taken down and stored while on the road. Some folks use velcro to keep their plexiglass numbers visible in the inside of the window while traveling.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2023 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Number Display

I should have looked at the numbers first.I thought the backing would stay with the number and basically you could put them in place and cover them with clear contact paper (3M Special Product).
The plexiglass idea win's. It is easier !
knunut is offline   Reply With Quote