Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
Rivet Master

No "Wally Byam Edition" needed

Just got my info from "HQ" on the amendment. "NO WHERE" does it state in the "NEW" wording that the Four Winds Motorhome even has to sport a "sticker" saying the "Wally Byam Edition". It states, and I quote:

After the words... "Airstream Inc." and before the words "shall be" by the insertion of the following: "OR A CLASS-A MOTORHOME MANUFACTURED BY THE FOUR WINDS INTERNATIONAL DIVISION OF THOR INDUSTRIES, INC"

Oh well, I guess we know what's on the mind of the IBT.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
So they recognize how superfluous the badging would be but not to the full extent to see it one further and retract the motion. This doesn't have a snowball's chance of passing------unless all unused votes go to the makers. One Member One Vote or I can foresee a huge backlash coming.

Somebody stop the insanity, this is just painful. Get these people out of power over the club.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
Certifiable

. , .
They're probably still going to do the badging but now it's known as an "identifier."

"The WBCCI Constitution and Bylaws Committee recommends the issue of an
'identifier' (badge) for the 4-Winds Class-A motorhomes, not be addressed in the WBCCI Constitution i.e. this motion, but in the Bylaws and Policy Section of the Blue Book, page 56.1."

"Therefore, upon passage of this motion (to allow any old 4-Winds moho in) the WBCCI President will bring forward to the IBT (only) for vote a motion addressing type, size and placement of this 4-Winds Class-A motorhome "identifier." (Gee, I wonder how they will "vote" on the "identifier" I'm sure it'll be classy and have a groovy font and everything!)

And on another note, when did it become imperative to allow in pre-2007, 4-Winds Class-A motorhomes? I thought we were only talking about new 4-Winds mohos. Now, apparently, any year Class-A motorhome manufactured by 4-Winds is acceptable: "We also recognize that not all members desire to own a brand new motorized product, so acceptance of the motion will be for new, as well as used, 4-Winds Class-A motorhomes."
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
Talk about "---out of control!" These WBCCI Committee members are totally out of touch with the likes of the WBCCI members that make up Airstream Forums - and who, IMHO, represent today's Airstream enthusiasts and the future of the organization. My only fear is that this utterly stupid move will accidentally succeed - leaving us with a legacy of 4-Winds motorhomes that will be grandfathered in until they fall apart - even if we subsequently reverse the motion the following year. The other thing I envision is that the 4-Winds crowd will never achieve acceptance into the group - badge, 10-cent sticker, a whole array of Airstream flags, or box after box of strawberry wine! What a waste of time! As for "losing membership" if this motion fails to pass - the danger of losing membership and diluting the value of the Airstream icon is far greater if it does pass! A 4-Winds motorhome has absolutely nothing in common with an Airstream - even if the owner thereof spent the past 50 years of his life in the WBCCI.

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
Hey, I have an Airstream MH and an Excella trailer and I really like my Dodge Dakota. You could sleep in it if you absolutely had to, and one of those potty seats would fit on the hitch, so you could call it a "camper." I need to get it accepted into the WBCCI also, since I am such a fan of Airstreams and I like it so much, too. It even has silver on it, on the wheels and the decals!

(How'm I doing? Think I'll make it?)

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:30 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue

And on another note, when did it become imperative to allow in pre-2007, 4-Winds Class-A motorhomes? I thought we were only talking about new 4-Winds mohos. Now, apparently, any year Class-A motorhome manufactured by 4-Winds is acceptable: "We also recognize that not all members desire to own a brand new motorized product, so acceptance of the motion will be for new, as well as used, 4-Winds Class-A motorhomes."
If a used one is good enough, why not buy a USED AIRSTREAM MOTORHOME!
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote