Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2002, 04:27 PM   #1
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Talking Organization Experts Needed!

OK, I got my 1961 Bambi last week and have nearly finished pulling her insides out. I will be spending a lot of my free time working on her so she will be ready for the Telluride Bluegrass Festival this summer! So I need your help!

In an effort to keep these forums as organized as possible, I would like to start a task force that can evaluate the current structure of these forums. We need to develop guidelines like how many forums inside forums are allowed, where off topic post should go, moderation guidelines, etc.

What you see now is my best attempt with various input from other members. I know we can continually make these forums better by looking for ways to improve.

If you are interested please reply to this thread with your comments.

Thanks,

Andy Robinowitz
1961 Bambi
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Andy,
I hear you loud and clear!
You did all the ground work and other than adding an Off topic thread, I think that you are set up.
So now you need moderators to keep an eye an things.

I would be willing to help moderate the Airstream Community Forums (Off topic thread added)

That leaves
1. the huge trailer section
2. Airstream restoration/repair section
3. Airstream marketplace

Step up to the plate!

Andy, can there be more than one moderator?
Since Airstreamer like to travel.....

Duties and responsibilities of a moderator:
1. Keeping the forums 'clean'
2. encourage members to stay on-topic
3. moving misplaced posts to their proper location
4. deleting posts or members should be discussed with Admin and the other moderators.
5. ?
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 10:57 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
Andy,
As I have told you before I would be more than willing to moderate or help in any way. Perhaps in the trailer section.

John
83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 01:18 PM   #4
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Thanks John!

The Airstream Knowldege Base is a huge section. Maybe we can start off with you as a moderator and with time we can get specific moderators for each model. for example, a moderator for 60s Bambis & a diffrent moderator for 70s Caravels, etc.

Maybe you could help recruit some moderators for those spots? Aslo, the forums in the Knowledge Base are incomplete. I started to create a forum for each year and model and got lots of feedback about grouping very similar years. For example the 1961 Bambi - 1963 Bambi are all nearly identical so I created 1 forum for them. So I need to merge lots of the forums into similar groups. This is where it got real hard to organize since I have limited knowledge on which models were the same and which when changes were made.

Shall I go ahead and make you the moderator for the knowldge base section?

Thanks,

Andy
Old 04-01-2002, 07:47 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
Sure I'll be the moderator. What do you think if instead of listing each model in its own forum it is listed by year and then the model by subforum? e.g.

2002 <<< main forum
Safari <<< subforum
Classic
Limited
Bambi

Just an idea.

John
83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 12:34 AM   #6
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Lightbulb Updates Made, But Your Help Is Greatly Needed!!!

I think your year--> model theory has merit, but I think that grouping by model first may be better in the long run because as the info becomes available we can consolidate similar years together. This will build more critical mass for the individual models, instead of having to look in the 1999 Safari and 2000 Safari for similar info. Plus, they are already setup this way and it would take forever to undo (lazy huh)! But maybe we could make a map by year --> model that would point to the proper forum?

I have made significant updates to the "knowledge base" forums. I have added some interface design to make the page easier to read and updated many year and models. It is still un-alphabetized and needs a lot of tuning. There are still many forums missing and I will try to be better at processing request. I got a little behind and it is hard to dig through the old emails to get the info.

This work is very tedious because there are so many settings for each forum and there are so many sub forums. With time it will be "Polished", I guarantee!

If possible, please take a look and let me know what is missing and other feedback you have!

Knowledge Base Forums

Thanks in advance, Andy!
Old 04-10-2003, 06:44 PM   #7
pap

So what became of moderator 83 Excella? I see he hasn't posted since September 2002? Did he change his nic? Hope he is well.

And how is the big picture working out? Are the "knowledge base" forums seeing enough traffic?

Does the task force still meet?

Where are we headed, what lies beyond? And the stickers?
pap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 06:53 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Add a 2001 Limited and I'll add some info.