Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2001 - 2005 Classic
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
DBJ

2003 25' Classic
Currently Looking...
Bend , Oregon
2003 Classic Black Water Flush question

We just bought a 2003 25' Classic. Love it. But not sure what the process is for using the black water flush? How much water should we use to flush? I tried a little bit but nothing drained from the tank and some water came out of the bottom of the trailer. I'd appreciate any advice on how to use this feature. Thanks!
DBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
It sounds like the check valve that is inline in your black water flush line is broken. Same happened to me in my 2008 25fb Classic. I decided to replace it with elbow and plumbers tape on the thread. The valve is located behind the shower stall but you can get to it via the water pump access panel in the hall closet next to the shower. The PEX is flexible enough to bring the failed fitting into the area to work on. The Pex is a vertical pipe with the valve at the top and then makes a turn to another vertical pipe down to the tank. I purchased the gray elbow from the plumbing section of an RV parts store.

The check valve is a clear plastic valve. Probably water left in the valve and it froze during the winter. Previous owner of my trailer probably never blew out the line with air.

Once you get it fixed I run water into the black tank until its near the toilet. I set the monitor panel so it reads the black tank constantly and when the indicator shows 3/4 I turn off the water. I open the shades of the window across from the kitchen so I can see the progression. I'd verify visually until you verify the monitor panel is reading somewhat accurate.

Kelvin
Old 06-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #3
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
I believe the 2003 is the same layout as ours. If so, the check valve Kelvin is talking about is under the bathroom sink counter in the back right corner. I removed ours also, but the flush still would not work. I have tried filling the black tank all the way up and letting it stay that way for 3 months with Ridex in it trying to dissolve any hardened particles, but still will not work. If yours ends up that way, I can show you how to install a permanent wand flusher that you can bring out from under the trap door in the bathroom to use and connect to a fitting that is in the outside refrigerator door.
AIR #30685
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote