Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-24-2018, 06:40 PM   #41

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Red Wing , Minnesota
We purchased that unit in July 2018 for 127,500. We had been looking at used Class B’s, couldn’t pass up this unit, brand new for a used price.
geckholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:27 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorpeak View Post
I agree. This would be a wonderful option!
Apparently I didn't have my Imgur hat on back when this thread was hatched, because I don't see where I posted this explanatory pic of our jackknife couch.

Bear in mind that one side can be raised while the other remains lowered (invaluable for us because my husband is not a morning person, and I am). I cannot envision myself ever having any Class B that lacks this kind of versatility. Jackknife couches are still on the market, but are not being installed by Airstream.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #43

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
ELBURN , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Apparently I didn't have my Imgur hat on back when this thread was hatched, because I don't see where I posted this explanatory pic of our jackknife couch.

Bear in mind that one side can be raised while the other remains lowered (invaluable for us because my husband is not a morning person, and I am). I cannot envision myself ever having any Class B that lacks this kind of versatility. Jackknife couches are still on the market, but are not being installed by Airstream.

Would you mind sharing where you had this work done and the name of the materials used? This exactly what my husband and I have been looking for.
Thank you
harleygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:05 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleygirl View Post
Would you mind sharing where you had this work done and the name of the materials used? This exactly what my husband and I have been looking for.
Thank you
It's actually Airstream OEM!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

For reasons that boggle my mind, Airstream eliminated this option after the 2007 model year. None of the subsequent Interstates they produced have jackknife couches. Dumbest decision ever.

So far, we've seen people rip out their useless lounge couches and install twin beds, but I don't know of anyone who has retrofitted jackknife couches. I'd love to see such a job.

Meanwhile, there are still Interstate RS models appearing occasionally on the resale market. These couches were installed in three model years that I know of, but I have been proven incorrect time and time again with what Airstream produced in the way of both Interstates and Parkways. They might have been installed across all four model years.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote