Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2015, 04:52 PM   #601
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
They were from Kohl's, there are some pretty colors.......and, they are on sale.

Quick-Drying Textured 6-pc. Bath Towel Set

Maggie
Old 04-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #602
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Austin , Texas
For towels, I bought these (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AMDO4C/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1) and am very happy. I was looking for the smallest size possible that I can still wrap around my waist, but easily hang a couple from the towel bar in the bathroom. They dry me thoroughly and then dry quickly. I can fit two of these on the towel bar and a third towel for drying down the bathroom after showering.
migriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:18 AM   #603
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Nice!

By the time I got back to the Kohl's site again, thinking I might order a set of those in that pretty rose color, they were no longer half off but B1G1.

I don't need two complete sets of those towels, as there is only one of me these days, altho a pretty color would have been nice.

I love that these waffley-textured, quick-dry do, indeed, dry quickly, yet still have that real-towel feel.

Years ago we bought some suction cup towel rods in different sizes for the bathroom, from a place that has since gone out of business, to add to the single, small rod on the door of the Interstate.

Love them
, and that on a sunny day you can attach them to the side of the rig for your towels to receive a sun-fresh dry.

I wish someone would take up this item again, as they are invaluable, IMO.

Maggie
Old 04-09-2015, 09:30 AM   #604
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Versailles , Indiana
Thanks for the towel recommendation - These look like they would be perfect.

I had bought a Notre Dame banner for the side of our trailer thinking I could use the magnetic rod that I found in the basement. Silly me, magnets don't stick to the trailer!! I may have to search for a suction cup rod, though Maggie - that would work!!
WBCCI #4447
AIR #70157
Rhino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #605
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I love popcorn, and it has become a 2-3 x a week item for me these days.

It is crunchy, a small bit of butter and popcorn salt makes it delicious.....and, it's a vegetable!

I have an air popper at home, but they are just too bulky for the Interstate. I came across this item, which has mixed reviews, but I bought it, tried it out over the weekend, and love it. I had a $5 coupon, so $15 got it done.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...BQDRoCqkPw_wcB

It makes about 1 1/2 quarts of popped corn, and the little silicone lid/measuring cup/butter-melter-and-distributor is a great feature.

I only had about a half dozen unpopped kernels, and ate the popcorn right out of the popper.

It is a bit bulky, but I have a cork bowl in the microwave, anyway, and it rides in there safely and perfectly.

Very pleased with it.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	237306  
Old 04-28-2015, 06:27 PM   #606
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
I bought some turkish towels from Amazon. I have always heard of them but didn't know what they were. They are thin, closely woven fibers - sort of like a linen dish towel. I like them because they are absorbent and thin. They dry quickly! I like the texture better than microfiber. They are the size of a beach towel but take up very little space.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bugs
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:05 PM   #607
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
I love popcorn, and it has become a 2-3 x a week item for me these days.

It is crunchy, a small bit of butter and popcorn salt makes it delicious.....and, it's a vegetable!

I have an air popper at home, but they are just too bulky for the Interstate. I came across this item, which has mixed reviews, but I bought it, tried it out over the weekend, and love it. I had a $5 coupon, so $15 got it done.

Epoca 3-Quart Microwave Glass Popcorn Popper - BedBathandBeyond.com

It makes about 1 1/2 quarts of popped corn, and the little silicone lid/measuring cup/butter-melter-and-distributor is a great feature.

I only had about a half dozen unpopped kernels, and ate the popcorn right out of the popper.

It is a bit bulky, but I have a cork bowl in the microwave, anyway, and it rides in there safely and perfectly.

Very pleased with it.

Maggie
We popped 3 bags of 'microwave' bag popcorn to get one bowl... we are SO getting this...

What is the output of your MW?
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:01 AM   #608
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
We popped 3 bags of 'microwave' bag popcorn to get one bowl... we are SO getting this...

What is the output of your MW?
I don't know. It came with the Interstate.

After I realized the microwave popcorn from the grocery store was carcinogenic , I was putting 1/4 cup in a paper bag and microwaving.

Better than nothing, but this is much better.

Maggie
Old 04-29-2015, 09:49 AM   #609
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Where did you hear that microwave popcorn was carcinogenic? What is it that makes it so?
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #610
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This info probably came in a Mother Earth Newsletter, but I am not certain. Might have been on Dr. Oz. It came from a credible source, so I paid attention.

The issue is what is used to line the bags, also something put on the popcorn, itself.

It is an easy enough thing to eliminate.....so I did.

Canned tomatoes were also on that list......having to do with the acidity of the tomatoes, I believe, interacting with the can itself.

Another thing easy enough to eliminate.....I went to tomatoes in boxes and jars.

Maggie
Old 04-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #611
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Where did you hear that microwave popcorn was carcinogenic? What is it that makes it so?

They use a synthetic spray on the inside of the bags to keep the popcorn from sticking as kernels and then again as it pops. I read this someplace and then asked a neighbor who used to be with Heinz here in PIT before she retired and she confirmed the report as "probably" accurate. So, we buy bagged now, probably no better, but makes my wife feel better.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:43 PM   #612
Riveting Travels

2013 30' International
Portland , Oregon
The Air Crazy Corn Popper is small, yet mighty, and makes perfectly popped corn! And it comes in cute colors like yellow, purple, and lime green.
The bare necessities of life will come to you!"
MichelleNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:50 PM   #613
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hmmmm.....that's pretty cute!

Maggie
Old 05-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #614
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quite possibly the cheapest commercially-available small space adaptation ever - 77 cents at the Big Orange Retail Giant (BORG). I needed a sleeve-like odds-and-ends holder on the right side of the driver's seat, small enough not to hamper foot traffic or the operation of the parking brake, but large enough to hold sun glasses, phone charging cord, a couple of CDs, and snacks. I had planned to use this only as long as it took me to devise an alternative that is more stylistically appropriate, but it makes me laugh to look at it, so I might keep it as-is. Held in place around the seat using a mini-bungee cord.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-DSC_0245.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	237725  
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #615
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Many plastics are unsuitable for microwaving as they release carcinogens. You must inquire about each plastic item individually before heating in microwaves.

Microwave popcorn has several issues. The plastic which lines the popcorn bag gasses off carcinogens. The flavorings which are often included are hazardous, especially with regard to their entering the respiratory system (which should be obviously close to the esophagus.) Microwave popcorn mfr'g has taken a big hit as the result of hazards to the workers in the plant.

A simple solution for popcorn lovers (like myself) is to pop it the old-fashioned way. Put some oil in a skillet, toss in ordinary popcorn (bought in bulk is extremely cheap) and cover with a lid. Heat on the stove at med-high heat and shake the skillet slightly as it pops to settle un-popped kernels to the bottom where they can contact the metal skillet. When the popping slows... turn off the fire. Toss in a pat of butter and shake it again before you dump it into a plain paper bag or bowl. I add salt also. (and beer, just to keep my esophagus cleansed.)
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:53 AM   #616
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Interblog that is a great solution.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #617
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It is very clever!

Post-it makes little peel-n-stick-on pockets which are great for corralling receipts, clipped coupons & recipes, etc.

They come in a packet, with varying sizes, and the largest of these is great on the side of the home frig for tax documents.....I drop property tax, donations, etc., documents in there all year long, then pull them out and organize for the tax man in April.

I love organizer thingies.

A bit too much, Doug would say.

Maggie
Old 05-04-2015, 01:00 PM   #618
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Around here the BORG is also known as Home Despot 😄. And we tend to spend too much time and cash there....

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:42 AM   #619
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Around here the BORG is also known as Home Despot 😄. And we tend to spend too much time and cash there....

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
Love that - my vocabulary just expanded. I learned the acronym BORG from reading trailer threads. Apparently the BORG stocks certain types of aluminum sheeting that the DIY people use.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #620
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post

Oh!! I thought you were talking about Star Trek!
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote