Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Portland , Oregon
Road side assitance

I know there has been a thread on this but I have never had much luck with the search engine here. So it is time to renew or look for a roadside/tow service when we bought Morrison it came with coachnet I have never had need to use it so I have nothing to base a decision on. I already have Good Sam for the camping word and othe discounts and for simplicity sake was considering switching to that.... Any thoughts or recommendations?
bennu36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
GVA , British Columbia
Good Sam Roadside Assistance will cover all your vehicles including your RV , so your better staying with Good Sam. The down side is they issue another card just for that.
We have used Good Sam Roadside Assistance this year when my wife's car broke down.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
Join AMA for $49/year. When you opt for auto-renew, you get Roadside Assistance for free. It covers your cars, motorcycles, and RVs (even covers a mobile mechanic for motorhomes). I've used it twice - jump start in my driveway, and a flat tow of a car back to my home of about 35 miles. Very nice and efficient. They also have trip routing.
AMA Roadside Assistance Program
robert claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2012 Interstate Coach
Palo Alto , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennu36 View Post
I know there has been a thread on this but I have never had much luck with the search engine here. So it is time to renew or look for a roadside/tow service when we bought Morrison it came with coachnet I have never had need to use it so I have nothing to base a decision on. I already have Good Sam for the camping word and othe discounts and for simplicity sake was considering switching to that.... Any thoughts or recommendations?

I switched to Good Sam from AAA bc I thought that they would be more helpful on rv. However, the few times I used Good Sam were not positive. The worst occurred when my generator pipe fell off on the freeway and is was dangling from RV underside. First, opi was on the phone for at least 45 minutes as they tried to track a nearby mechanic (I was at Cal Poly San Luis Obiispo). They couldn't find a nearby authorized mechanic and told me it would take at least a hour before he came and if he would charge me for his service a minimum of two hours ($200!). Even though I explained that all the mechanic needed to do was unscrew the remaining generator from the underside attached plate, they told me the only thing they could do without charging extra was jump the RV which was not needed here. Long story short, i borrowed a nice old ladies tool kit ( first time I forgot mine) and went under the R and unscrewed it myself in 10 minutes. WhenGS called again, I told them thanks but no thanks. In general, I found GS disorganized and didn't cover much. Whereas, I've only had itching but positive experiences with AAA.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
roadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #5
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
I have the GS roadside... Hope I never have to test it.. But I think it is a good deal.. AAA seems to have great service.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
I asked the same question a while back. Here's the thread:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ce-131153.html

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:48 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Sacramento , California
One of my neighbors has a 42 foot motorhome that he asked me to move to his favorite summer spot in the Sierra Nevada Mountains where he leaves it all summer. About 30 miles in to the 100 mile trip the red "Stop Engine" light came on so we stopped.

I won't go in to great detail but Good Sam jerked us around for SIX HOURS and I finally raised the bull **** flag, told them to forget it and called AAA. The break down occurred at 9 a.m. and we dropped the motorhome at the repair shop at 5:30 p.m.

I WILL NEVER HAVE GOOD SAM!
Old 05-10-2015, 03:51 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We have had AAA since 2002, and have beeb very pleased with it.

Aside from the roadside assistance, you get a lot of discounts with that AAA card.

Maggie