Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2016, 06:51 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Sebastopol , California
Gloria, it's a drag going thru all this with your Airstream Interstate but don't lose faith. In the end the joy of use and adventure will leave all this hassel as a distant memory.
Sebtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:34 AM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Tega Cay , South Carolina
Thanks for the words of encouragement Sebtown.
Gloria
gghayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:45 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghayes View Post
Don't you know it Maggie., and I haven't even told anyone my tire stories in regard to to TPM

Gloria

I would like to know more about your tire and TPM stories. Tires are always an issue for us Interstate owners as most of us have no experience with dual rear tires. I had an inner dual flat around 15,000 mile point that almost went unnoticed. I then installed a TST brand TPMS with dually valves on rear tires. This has worked good for me.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Tega Cay , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I would like to know more about your tire and TPM stories. Tires are always an issue for us Interstate owners as most of us have no experience with dual rear tires. I had an inner dual flat around 15,000 mile point that almost went unnoticed. I then installed a TST brand TPMS with dually valves on rear tires. This has worked good for me.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
When we were driving through NM, our TPM let us know that our right inside back tire was running low on air. Then it showed no air. We were in the middle of nowhere, so we drove on the flat tire until we got to a town with tire service. They pulled the tires off and found that the rubber extender for the tire monitor had broken away from the rim. They replaced the tire stem and filled the tire with air. 50 miles down the road the tire went flat again. We found another tire store. The stem had broken off again and they showed us where the tire was ruined, so we put on the spare and drove to Austin Tx. There we bought a new tire had the tires rotated and balanced. Took it to my daughters house and again we lost air. This time, they they checked the new tire for leaks. Found none, so this time we did not put the tire moniter back on. Once we got back to SC we took the van to the truck tire place who had put the TPM on originally and had them put metal stems on the 2 inside tires. All the outside tires already had metal stems. So I suggest that anyone with external tire minders make sure they have metal extenders before they have problems. By the way we have over 20,000 miles on the van, so it took a while for this to happen. Since this, we have gone on another trip and have not had any problems with the tires.
Gloria
gghayes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v