Hi Fellow Interstate/Sprinter Airstreamers: I am new to site and appreciate all the benefits I have received from all of you. I feel welcome and as a new owner right at home. My last few trips have been from home in NY - LongIsland to Indiana. I have had a recurring problem with engine light illuminated then 10 Starts Left message on my display. I don't know is anyone has had this issue yet but it goes further than topping off the DEF in the MB diesel engine.
1. Rolled into Gurley Leep - MB dealer in Mishawaka (South Bend) Indiana area
2. As indicated above engine light illuminated with 10 starts left.
3. Topped off DEF as it was low and reset on tech computer at MB dealer.
note: I discovered new vehicles delivered have MINIMAL DEF inside as they prep.
4. After reset drove home and after 250 miles engine light came on again and same as above happened. YES Frustrating
5. Brought into MB dealer on Long Island and reset and topped off again - nothing on tech computer showed any issue.
6. Next trip to Indiana last week and guess what? Happened again.
7. Yes, equally frustrated once again.
8. MB dealer in Indiana said this has been a significant problem with Sprinters and MB engineers in corporate have not figured out as yet.
9. Indicated they had 80% success rate in changing NOX sensors
10. Gurley Leep could not have been nicer. They troubleshooted problem and lent me a MB SUV to use while there.
11. Now back on Long Island and utilized 6 of the 10 starts allowed to get me back home.
12 MB dealer in NY changed NOX sensors and had them do an oil change just so I have my own baseline on maintenance as a new owner.
13. Picking up today and will keep all on forum updated.
Has anyone else had this issue and has there been any other updates on this??
Crossing my fingers today picking up today... JJ Streaming... I actually miss it
I promise to keep all updated.