Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
lemon city , Florida
2015 interstate grand tour problems plus!

Does anyone else out there have a 2015 that has multiple issues, failures and leaks?
zingara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by zingara View Post
Does anyone else out there have a 2015 that has multiple issues, failures and leaks?
Welcome to the AirForums! And welcome to the exalted ranks of Airstream Interstate owners!

I don't have a 2015, so I can't answer your question. However, if you would care to enlighten us with more details regarding the problems you have experienced, you're more likely to get constructive feedback.

It's axiomatic that any Airstream that rolls out the door at Jackson Center on a Monday is going to have more problems than any other day of the week. You might have gotten a Monday van. But take heart, all problems are repairable, and you still have a full warranty to get it all taken care of.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Problems w/ an AI are a no-cost option that comes w/ all of them.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Welcome to AirForums! Interstates are built by humans without aid of high tech robotics so there are bound to be issues. Let us know your specific problems and we can offer help if you want it. Many of us have had issues, mostly minor and fixable either by the dealer or by yourself if you are so inclined.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

New Orleans , Louisiana
We picked ours up Tuesday, so limited experience to date. Getting the current software installed on the Kenwood provided the first diversion. Before updating pretty much nothing worked.

Sometime after getting it home we lost the ability to run anything using propane. The fuse that controls the propane valve, propane detector, refrigerator, and oddly the aux battery display had blown. Interactions with two different dealer service departments was not encouraging, but at least we didn't have to take it in for service just to track down a bad fuse. The big replacement fuse kit comes in Sunday delivery.

I found this forum the day after signing a purchase agreement. Many thanks for all the posters that have given us a great head start on the journey we've started. We're heading to FL for 4-5 days next week, so I'm sure I'll have more appreciation for your insights soon.
NOLA_russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA_russ View Post
I found this forum the day after signing a purchase agreement. Many thanks for all the posters that have given us a great head start on the journey we've started. We're heading to FL for 4-5 days next week, so I'm sure I'll have more appreciation for your insights soon.
Another newbie in the same thread! Welcome to you as well!

I'm practically right next door in Metairie. If you think you might be interested in joining WBCCI, I'm currently 1st VP of the Greater New Orleans Unit, and I know for sure that they welcome Interstate owners because I am one.
http://www.wbcci.org/home/regions-an...eans-louisiana
Old 05-15-2015, 05:19 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Welcome to you both, and may present issues resolve.

Ours had some, too, but now at 160,000+ miles and couldn't love her more.

Maggie
Old 05-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #8
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
Quote:
Is it just a coincidence that you are from lemon city?

Like others have said, let us know what issues you have. We may be able to help.

I have had very few problems to date and miles of smiles.
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:49 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Muskogee , Oklahoma
Didn't the dealer mention that you are the quality control inspector Airstream relies on?

Quote:
Old 05-15-2015, 11:30 PM   #10
Rivet Master

San Diego , California
1 post wonder?
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:06 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sometimes......I suspect these post-a-broad-complaint-and-run folks are competitors, trying to dis the Airstreams to sway favor to theirs.

I mean...."zingara" from "Lemon City"?

If someone with legitimate complaints took the time to start a thread, you would think.....they would be back.

I could be wrong, but Class B's are becoming more popular, and competition stiff, it seems.

One of the things we have, here, aside from beauty, is the Airstream badging, which seems to have become much more coveted, in and of itself. You don't hear that about the SOB's.

Love mine, hope to get another 160,000 miles on it before I'm through.

Maggie
Old 05-16-2015, 07:07 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Tulsa , Oklahoma
Looked up Lemon City FL on google maps and no city by that name was found
Bobsprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:24 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Welcome to the AirForums! And welcome to the exalted ranks of Airstream Interstate owners!

I don't have a 2015, so I can't answer your question. However, if you would care to enlighten us with more details regarding the problems you have experienced, you're more likely to get constructive feedback.

It's axiomatic that any Airstream that rolls out the door at Jackson Center on a Monday is going to have more problems than any other day of the week. You might have gotten a Monday van. But take heart, all problems are repairable, and you still have a full warranty to get it all taken care of.
Thanks for the "Monday van" humor- we need a good laugh about now! Unfortunately though, you may be correct!

Bought our Grand Tour a few months ago and shortly after set out on our maiden voyage, planning on a month of exploring, relaxing and visiting. New to RVng and really excited to be on the road in this beautiful machine- waited a long time to do this.

Here's a shortened version of the "fun" we've had from the morning before we started out and throughout our trip until we returned home and parked it in the driveway:
Water pump failed, flooded coach (fixed now); leaks in roof, did serious damage to interior; solar panel issues; electrical problems- lights, tv, cam/gps system/ plugs, etc; refrigerator doesn't stay cold (freezer's good, though!);serious generator total failure; and other stuff that seems minor at the moment.

Wish we'd known that this forum existed before we bought! It's really great that people share all of their knowledge and are helpful and supportive, especially for new RVers! Only found it by a search when we started looking to see if anyone else had problems! Now trying to figure out how to deal with all of this and posted here to see if anyone else had problems this serious and how they ended up.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #14
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Problems w/ an AI are a no-cost option that comes w/ all of them.

Thanks, too for the humor, but obviously some truth in your statement! Wondering how many more no cost options we'll find that we didn't know we had....
Old 05-16-2015, 07:35 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Welcome to AirForums! Interstates are built by humans without aid of high tech robotics so there are bound to be issues. Let us know your specific problems and we can offer help if you want it. Many of us have had issues, mostly minor and fixable either by the dealer or by yourself if you are so inclined.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Thanks for the welcome and support, much appreciated! Trying to get the hang of posting and gave a brief description of what we've been dealing with as a reply to the first reply we received... everyone sees that? hope that's the way this works!?

Right now we're trying to figure out what to do...
Old 05-16-2015, 07:43 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA_russ View Post
We picked ours up Tuesday, so limited experience to date. Getting the current software installed on the Kenwood provided the first diversion. Before updating pretty much nothing worked.

Sometime after getting it home we lost the ability to run anything using propane. The fuse that controls the propane valve, propane detector, refrigerator, and oddly the aux battery display had blown. Interactions with two different dealer service departments was not encouraging, but at least we didn't have to take it in for service just to track down a bad fuse. The big replacement fuse kit comes in Sunday delivery.

Hoping you enjoy a wonderful travel! We were so excited to start out on our very first trip and even the first few bumps in the road, we were loving having this beautiful RV- hope these are your only bumps in the road and that you don't have to deal with any of the issues we've had!
Old 05-16-2015, 07:45 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Welcome to you both, and may present issues resolve.

Ours had some, too, but now at 160,000+ miles and couldn't love her more.

Maggie
Thanks for the welcome and we're hoping we'll get the chance to figure all of this out and do as many miles as you have! That was the dream...
Old 05-16-2015, 07:55 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_CA View Post
Is it just a coincidence that you are from lemon city?

Like others have said, let us know what issues you have. We may be able to help.

I have had very few problems to date and miles of smiles.
Thanks for the offer to help- Right now we're trying to figure out how to deal with everything- see our list of issues in the first reply. New to posting and I think that's how this works?

Miles of smiles- that's what we were hoping for!
Old 05-16-2015, 08:00 AM   #19

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsprinter View Post
Looked up Lemon City FL on google maps and no city by that name was found
Actually, there is a Lemon City. It is one of the old neighborhoods in the Northeast section of Miami. I lived there as a boy. It does show up under that name in Microsoft Streets and Trips. It is a part of Miami where there were many lemon groves in the pre-boom days.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #20
1 Rivet Member

lemon city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post
Didn't the dealer mention that you are the quality control inspector Airstream relies on?
Well, you've just summed-up exactly what we're thinking right now! Having a new RV for two months, heading out on our very first voyage and a little more than 1,000 miles filled with failures- not able to be used as an RV and wondering why the word warranty is being discussed.... something else came immediately to mind. As we read through more posts on this forum it makes you wonder what's going on here....