Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > The Pet Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-17-2003, 10:51 AM   #41
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
We full timed in a 31 foot AS with 2 Great Danes.

Needless to say it was a bit tight at times. 2 huskies should not be a big problem as long as they don't get too wild. Look at it this way, if you break down you can just harness them up and have them "mush" you to the campground

Ntbob, You are a very brave one. Traveling with 3 visla's. My sister has one and we have a member of our unit with one. Getting into stuff is their most fun thing to do.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 05:33 PM   #42
1 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TricoastalJoey
Talking Dogs and Airstreams

My collie PepperLee thought the Argosy was for her as a doghouse. I set it up for her as a 4 month old pup and she still gets excited at 12 when she sees one on the road. One day she went crazy until i pulled into a strangers driveway and had him show her the inside to prove it wasn't "HER ARGOSY". He was happy to do it and had a good laugh. This was my first experience as an ARGOSY owner interacting with the community. We have not had the ARGOSY in 6 years and she is looking longingly at AIRSTREAMS when we are on the road, time to start looking for a fulltime coach to keep her happy. A good dog and a solid coach...life can't get any better than that! JOEY
Old 08-17-2003, 06:23 PM   #43
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
We've traveled may times pre-AS in other motorhomes with our pug Mac. He really seems to like it and would only occasionally bark at cars when travelling down the highway. Kind of the ultimate car chasing for him if you think about it!

When we brought the AS home he immeadiately jumped on board and claimed the "doghouse" as his own.
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 06:38 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
if it is hot ac or my dog doesnt stay. this 213do-kmp;savdsa dumped my previous post. youm would have enjoyed my comments lol
al
2004 classic 28 WB , Pro Pride P-3 hitch
centramatics wheel ballancers 300-556
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 06:58 PM   #45
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
Our dog loves to go "camping." Just mention the word and he'll take toward the door!

They are very smart animals but when you've been around them for 12 years as we have they are part of the family!

Our dog was outside once and I asked him, "Paco, do you want to go camping?" We had the van at the time and it was parked in the back yard close to the camper. He looked back and forth between the camper and the van several times. He knew they had to go together to go camping. Then he went to the van and was waiting for me to let him inside!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dog1.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2678  

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 07:59 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

I know that Xander will be a constant companion on RV trips once I've got my Airstream. He usually goes with me on trips up and down the California coast. We're both heading out to Utah this week. The best part is he never complains about the music I listen to.

Xak
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	xander.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	2688  
proxak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:16 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
never without them

We take our two kids everywhere!

Camping has always been our favorite and our Husky loves it! As soon as he sees us open the closet where the camping stuff is he gets all excited and runs to the door, ready to go!

His little sister, our Husky/Shep/? mix, was a stray for her first 6 months and very afraid of cars. Now, thanks to all the fun places we take her and her older bros company she too loves it and gives a little howl/bark everytime she understands we're off for a trip.

Cheers,
Kimili
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kiev&sasha_onthego.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	2689  
KIMILI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 06:13 PM   #48
1 Rivet Member

My Airstream Buddies

Our travel buddies are: Sandy, an 8yr old Lab and Charlie a 2 yr old West Highland Terrier. They love to hit the open road and have a true affection for squirrels!
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:19 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up I swear this is true

I don't recall who told the story to me but..

It went something like this..

This couple, while traveling, always took their Bambi with them on the trips but, they would stay in the motel while the dogs sleep in the Bambi`~!!
Now That's a "DOG's LIFE"~!~

ciao
Attached Images

NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 07:26 AM   #50
2 Rivet Member

Always with me ...

Here's a photo of my Katie ... a 13 year old Long Haired Dachshund.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	katie.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	2712  
Silver City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 12:01 AM   #51
2 Rivet Member

Silver City, that is absolutely the cutest picture! Katie looks like such a sweetie!!
proxak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 08:23 AM   #52
2 Rivet Member

Katie ...

Katie is indeed a sweetie ... just turned thirteen a few months back.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	katie-1.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	2768  
Old 08-23-2003, 08:53 AM   #53
2 Rivet Member

Katie...?

Is she a long haired dachshund? I just rescued a minature wire-haired male who is such a good dog and tiny. He seems to love living in an Airstream and having the wide open spaces as his yard.

Niki
Rubyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 09:03 AM   #54
2 Rivet Member

Yes indeed, Katie is a Long Haired Dachshund (Tekel in German).
Old 09-29-2003, 11:50 AM   #55
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Big DOG my A**...

Hi All....
Although I have this week off work, Toby still thinks I gotta b up EARLY....GRrrrrrrr!!!......So he, as usual got his own way and we were out into the woods b4 7am, now we have lots of paths we can go, as with the horse-chestnuts falling, I avoid certain paths, as they tend 2 hurt his feet...
.....So we were merrily goin our way, until after abt 3/4 of an hour later, Toby came hurtling back down the track, and almost uses me as a bowling pin...what the *"+^-= was all that abt...as I reached the bend I stopped...stopped like I never stopped in my life b4...with Toby at my feet whimpering, looking down the track I saw this HUGE beast...so OK...the little gits let out the DEER...Mmmm...was'nt a deer...not the horses either...Squirrel...nope...this Huge beast was BROWNY-GINGER...and had TWO enormous HORNS sticking out the side of his head...Chit, I muttered 2my self...double Chit...only the ruddy ABERDEEN ANGUS...the biggest bugger I ever seen, What STUPID little Chit let THAT OUT...so we were abt 20 feet apart, ( not far enough )...So I rang it's owner, who owns the wood, he IS a nice Guy, ( only as he lets me loose with my metal-detector, in his fields, & wood..) DON'T MOVE..he screamed down my ear hole...don't move at all...a couple of hours later...ACTUALY mins, felt like hours...he pulled up behind me...calmly got out of his pick-up, walked over 2 "Angus"...roped his neck, walked him straight passed us, inches off his horns, tied him 2 his truck and set off REAL S L O W ... "Angus" jus slothed along b'hind...PHEW...
poor Toby was quite taken aback by all this...and his tail was so tight under his belly, he looked so funny, he did'nt care...he just wanted 2 go home and tell his MOMMY all abt it...funny thing is here...how a Doggy Biscuit can cure WONDERS...and I NEVER got one...Chris.....
Old 10-04-2003, 08:36 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Here's a more recent photo of Windsor. I think he may finally be "grown up".

He's been going crazy in the MH. He's ready for us to be done fixing it up and to get on the road. Truth be told, we're ready for that, too! The good news is that rally season starts next weekend for us!
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2003, 08:48 AM   #57
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to rochsmama Send a message via Yahoo to rochsmama
I LOVE his ears!
rochsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #58
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie View Post
Zeke's beautiful!

How will you convince him he's not sleeping with you? Truth be told, I want my dogs to sleep with me whether they want to or not.

My mom is not a dog person. She was staying with us in Indiana for the Covered Bridge Festival about 6 or 7 years ago. Caesar jumped on the front bed in the middle of the night. As far as he was concerned, she was in his bed since he normally slept there.

Not remembering dog commands clearly in her sleepy condition, she told him "down" instead of "off". He was more than willing to oblige. I took this photo the next morning. Nobody in the family would have believed Mom slept with a dog otherwise!
Wow, that looks so familiar! My Dane sleeps in the tiny AS bed with me too.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Thanks for resurrecting this old thread Julianne. I haven't seen this one before. I love a good dog thread, especially when there's pics! Here is my favorite AS dog, my good buddy Moose...taken by the light of the fire dancer in front of the AS.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	n573557008_1207017_2774.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	65213  
Old 08-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #60
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Moose!

Look at your sweet baby! My dogs love the Airstream as much as I do! For a long time I thought oh too much work to take all 3, oh no not the case. They are the perfect companions on the road. I moved from Seattle to Surprise, AZ so I had no choice but to hit the road with them and so glad I did. I swear everytime we hit the road I learn something new about myself and them. There is no place we can't go! And kids in RV Parks just love them, often find someone's young one snuggled up next to one of my "kids" who tolerate it cause they are so tired from all the activity. I am one lucky lady.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote