Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #21
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt View Post
I don't have a problem with the size of the shower but I'm only 5'1" tall but my Leon is 5'9"
I'm 5'1" too! Around the waist....
Switch Leon's numbers around to 9'5" and now you're approaching goofball's height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
Is that what that thing in the bathroom is?!?!?! humans actually fit in there? unpossible!!! I thought it was to wash the cat. Mostly it's the spot where my blue boy rides.
We keep our shoes, an extra case of whatever, and the laundry basket in that funny little corner of the trailer. Someone needs to be really dirty before we start moving all of that stuff around.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
We actually used the shower once after a morning of mountain biking in Vermont. It was nice to fire up the hot water heater and clean up in a parking lot before the five hour drive home.

I was wondering if the plumbing could be reworked to get the shower to drain into the gray water tank - I was afraid that drain was too low.

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #23
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Tom, If you read BoatDoc's thread of his Argosy you will see how he used boat technology in his shower. The shower has a sump and a pump sends the grey water to the tank.

Skip, at the Bash you are welcome to use my shower. It is a full stand up affair. I used to think the shower a novelty, but have come to love it.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #24
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Skip, at the Bash you are welcome to use my shower. It is a full stand up affair. I used to think the shower a novelty, but have come to love it.
will you wash my back?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #25
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
only if you shave it first
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Black Water Totes?

Are there any totes out there for Black Water? The tank in my Argosy is fine. But I have an OLD Shast that has a cracked tank. Thought the tote idea might work for that. Every thing goes into one tank in the Shasta. Hope I'm not creating a terrible sin by asking a question not AS related.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
We use our Barker 42 gallon(it really is blue) for both black and grey. We carry it with us and have used it on occasion. Its not stinky. I do rinse very carefully after each use. At 42 gallon it can be a handful on grass or gravel.The 42 is a four-wheeler and can be pulled behind the TV if necessary. Bigger is not always better.I think the difference in price between the 32 and 42 was 10bucks and I thought "Why not". I think we could have gotten away with a smaller one.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Bozeman , Montana
A solution for a low dump valve and portable holding tank

Way back at the beginning of this thread, I recall mutcth asking about a holding tank with a lower intake port. Here is what I use with my Safari. The height is about 7.75 inches, which works fine.
I earlier bought a 22 gallon one, which was way too high.
This one is 16 gallons, and fits well into the pickup bed. However, hauling it to the dump means getting that up into the bed (and it is heavy). So I have a ramp and a
pulley connected to the front of the bed to hoist it up. Easy that way.
This, being smaller, I can actually haul it by hand to the dump. The bobble is useless. The tote tank towing bracket is useless. But the tank works for the height of the Safari dump valves.
Barker 15 Gallon Tent Camper RV Portable Holding Tank

See Save at RV Partscenter - RV Parts and Supply for the tank

By the way, I NEVER use it for black. Tote tanks are too unstable. Black fills up slowly, and should not be dumped until at least 1/2 full. Most people will move
by that time.
"Its better to light just one candle than to curse the darkness,
Unless you're blinded by the light..."
hshovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
When we first bought our Basecamp, we picked up an 11 gallon blue boy as the BC has no waste tanks at all. Our Argosy was retro fitted with a gray tank by a previous owner, but that tank is also pretty small. Now the blue tank gets used as an overflow for the onboard tank on the Arg.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
2007 25' International CCD FB
2018 28' Flying Cloud
Vancouver , Washington
I have a 20' minuet . I bought a
32 GAL. TOTE-ALONG DRAIN WATER TANK (4 WHEELER)[IMG]file:///C:/Users/admin/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

It works great. It is made by Barker. I park it by the trailer and have ran the hose as far as 10'. With gray water it is no big deal. If I use it for black water, I make sure to drain the gray tank last to clear the hose. It dumps really easily....
good luck.
DonDiego is offline   Reply With Quote