Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella > 1987 - 1989 Excella
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-09-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

What microwave above Excella's refrigerator?

We have a 1988 Excella 25 foot trailer with the microwave in the slot above the refrigerator on the street side. My wife would like to replace the current microwave for one that is a convection oven as well as a microwave, and also has what we in the UK would call a grill (overhead infra-red heat) for making toast, or cooking bacon, chops, waffles etc. I'm 4000 miles from the trailer, so I can't measure the slot. Does anyone have any ideas on a suitable model microwave that I can buy when we arrive in the USA in 4 weeks time? I rather wilted before the 631 hits for "microwave" from the search button! Many thanks.
Nick.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:02 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Ashland , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcrowhurst
We have a 1988 Excella 25 foot trailer with the microwave in the slot above the refrigerator on the street side. My wife would like to replace the current microwave for one that is a convection oven as well as a microwave, and also has what we in the UK would call a grill (overhead infra-red heat) for making toast, or cooking bacon, chops, waffles etc. I'm 4000 miles from the trailer, so I can't measure the slot. Does anyone have any ideas on a suitable model microwave that I can buy when we arrive in the USA in 4 weeks time? I rather wilted before the 631 hits for "microwave" from the search button! Many thanks.
Nick.

not a microwave but..

i don't know about posting brand names, web sites, etc.. so i'll just say that we found a wonderful infrared.. oven

it will cook meat, to 8+ pounds, even frozen.. and less time if fresh than frozen. all have less cooking time that conventional oven.

it cooks like a conventional oven, convection oven, and the infrared. things cook from the inside out.

it broils, steams, fries w/o oil, air broils, bbq, grills, roasts and *bakes*.

to clean it is REALLY easy. great for LIVING W/O a dishwasher.

it's small enough to fit most places. i'm putting it on the cover over the range.

we looked around the web for postings on the quality and rating on this all purpose oven. all were REALLY happy with it.

it doesn't heat up anything but the food. perfect for AS.

if it's ok to post the name and web site, let me know. if not, you can write to me at elijahasinai@aol.com and i'll give you the info.

e and Robert (who is busy checking the condition of our mattress. think we need a second opinion about now...
Lost Valley Lake Resort #5611
https://www.lostvalleylake.com Woodalls 5W, Coast to Coast 5 Star. Coast to Coast members come enjoy!
cccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Thanks for the information about the infra-red cooker. We would certainly appreciate details of the relevant manufacturer and its website. This is within the forum rules, unless you are involved in the business of making or selling the product. In that case, the Vendor's sub-forum is the place to post such information, if I understand the rules correctly. Thanks again, from Nick.