Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Service

Just bought an 05 classic 30 at Bates RV in Tampa, FL. I was not impressed with their service department (no work bays, mechanics just run around the lot and spend most of their time running for tools). Any other dealers in Florida that are good for service?
Scott Hopkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
No experience with them, but try JD Sanders just north of Gainesville on I-75. They sell lots of brands but they had several Airstreams the day we visited and their shop seemed pretty large. Good sized parts department and RV store, too. Their salesman said they were factory authorized to do body work and replace sections of the aluminum panels. They even had a couple of used AS's and one Avion that day.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hopkin
Just bought an 05 classic 30 at Bates RV in Tampa, FL. I was not impressed with their service department (no work bays, mechanics just run around the lot and spend most of their time running for tools). Any other dealers in Florida that are good for service?
You can try Walt's RV a little North of you, around Ocala. He is a member of our unit, and seems to be a straight shooter.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #4
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Is Walt's an Airstream dealer? My mom lives about 20 miles south of Ocala and it might be convenient to combine service and a visit with her.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:38 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Is Walt's an Airstream dealer? My mom lives about 20 miles south of Ocala and it might be convenient to combine service and a visit with her.
www.airstreamcentral.com/waltsrv.htm
The URL should answer your question, as well as a way to contact them.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Seems like I read somewhere that Bates isn't a place you want to be buying a used unit from, either... maybe it was here?

Here's a link which seems to have some less than flattering feedback about them...

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 07:08 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Exeter , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Walt's is not an Airstream dealer. He does have some used Airstreams for sale. This is a very good place to have your Airstream serviced or repaired. I was there in March to have the AC replaced on my 1989 Excella TT. I was very impressed with Walt and his staff.

Ben
Rob30044 is offline   Reply With Quote