Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Toilet replacement

I need to replace the toilet in a 69 Tradewind. The existing toilet is an Aqua Magic Supreme (haven't found this one online anywhere), and I'm looking for a compatible replacement that is low profile and will fit under the toilet cover/bench that closes over the toilet while not in use. Anyone know what toilet will fit in this space?? Thank you
Consuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
Need a new toilet in my 1975 Argosy Aqua Magic that measured 11 inches high and fits so the molded piece located behind the back of the toilet and the back rest the lid of the toilet would open in front of the molded piece .
Any one know were I can find this toilet????????????
need ASAP
Thanks
Gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Toilet replacement

I installed a low profile Aqua Magic V without any problems. I never did replace the cover for the so called "secret compartment". Mine is the hand flush model.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosman View Post
Need a new toilet in my 1975 Argosy Aqua Magic that measured 11 inches high and fits so the molded piece located behind the back of the toilet and the back rest the lid of the toilet would open in front of the molded piece .
Any one know were I can find this toilet????????????
need ASAP
Thanks

We replaced this same toilet on a 77 argosy. The only replacement I could find that would fit was the sealand traveler 511. Just barely fits. it's a much nicer toilet as well. If you do some searching on the forum for sealand traveler toilet you should hit more discussions about this.

On sale here: SeaLand Toilets - Motorhome, RV & Marine - PPL Motor Homes

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
T. G. Twinkie

With your replacement of the toilet did you all so replace the flange for the holes to line up for the Aqua Magic V .?
As I think the holes are in a different location for that toilet.
Thanks
Old 08-03-2014, 07:12 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
Hi all I have a 1975 Argosy that I had to put pex pipe in to replace the copper pipe , all most complete but still have a leak at the rear now here is the issue .
I am replacing the toilet because of a bad ball valve so to check my black tank for leaks I put the line in the tank turned on the Garden H. and filled it with water , went out side to look under Argosy no leak all is good, released valve and removed the water.

So went back and hooked Garden H. up to system filled argosy and steady leak in the location of the sink area could be seen under the rear of the Argosy , no water in side of trailer???????

Let me explain as I was replacing the copper pipe ,I had to remove the plywood by the tub and noticed the is one copper pipe and a plastic pipe with 3 clamps on it was that the way it was made or a repair in the past?
Also if you follow the copper and plastic pipe it takes a right turn right below toilet and in front of the sink I guess . question should I remove the plastic in front of the toilet and sink and see if the plastic pipe or copper is leaking ????????? not coming in trailer . or could it be the regulator ????? not sure were to go from here need help asap.
Thanks All
Old 08-03-2014, 07:30 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Could be the pressure relief valve discharge line or a drain.
On my '74 Argosy 26' there were 2 lines that ran in front of the toilet, then made a left turn in front of the tub. These line fed the water to the galley sink.
What kind of pressure do you have with City water?
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
NOT sure of the pressure on city water ; every thing else works fine.
Can see the regulator but it is not leaking?
Do you think I should check lines running in front of sink? Have to remove plastic.
or go under rear of the argosy and try to remove the covering to see if I can find the leak.
so close to getting done do not know what or were to go from here ; need help. asap
Thanks Alla