Old 06-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #15
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
... glad to see you haven't been blown away or flooded...
hi gene...

given my current location,

2000 miles wnw near the yellow road 2 oz,

in a strange land where someone else pumps yer fuel...

only the snow melting is a flood risk...

hope to see ya at the high pass rally soon!

and 2 review the models one last time...

1. internationals/ccd/dwr/ocean breeze, continue and still use hi tech laminates...
2. safari sports (2 models) become safaris and have silver tambour and laminates inside...
3. ALL other safaris (se/fb/bvd/.....) become FLYING CLOUDS they DO NOT have solid wood interior surfaces...NO hickory, NO oak, NO ash...
4. classics remain classics and have hickory interiors...

you fellas are only fueling the confusion (clouding the picture if u will) ...

visit the colonial website or a/s of arkansas and LOOK at the most current units...

the f/c is covered CORRECTLY in these threads....

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...oud-41269.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f206...9-a-41790.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f206...eam-42539.html

my vote is to make the current thread a game thread, or conspiracy theory thread or name change thread...

rumor is there is a new moho being built this weekend...

it has a pop up slide made from bamboo and runs on speculation...

cheer
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:37 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Multimegaconfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
2000 miles wnw

in a strange land where someone else pumps yer fuel...

you fellas are only fueling the confusion (clouding the picture if u will) ...

my vote is to make the current thread a game thread, or conspiracy theory thread or name change thread...

rumor is there is a new moho being built this weekend...

it has a pop up slide made from bamboo and runs on speculation...

cheer
2air'
2air, sounds like Oregon, though I discovered a week ago they pump it for you in NJ too.

Glad to help with added confusion. I know I have contributed something to the Forum.

Interested in the bamboo MOHO since the fuel is cheap—I couldn't find it anywhere on the Colonial A/S site. I heard it has helium tanks to reduce weight and fuel costs.

This thread could be added to the infamous highjacking one as an example of brain highjacking.

I hope the rally doesn't move too far east from here. Hope to see you there.

Gene

Old 06-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Looks to me like 4/4 Hickory and Oak (Red) are selling for nearly the same price. Ash is much different in appearence, Ash being more pale Yellow and although I've used it at customers request for furniture I don't like the wide grain or color. I don't think I could stand a whole trailer of it. I think there are actually 19 species of Hickory .Two are Pecan and are sold as Hickory or Pecan. Airstream doesn't build the cabinets for the Classics. It's subcontrated and the quality is pretty darned good. If anyone knows the name of the company doing the work, I would be interested in knowing.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Statements given by Airstream employees with promises of anonymity have revealed a new Titanium shell prototype has been completed inside warehouse 51 on the mothership's back lot.

http://www.area51zone.com/aircraft/f117_hangar.jpg

As you can see, it also has the new experimental 'Three Wheel', high clearance undercarriage. This new system will eliminate 25% of the tire drag when compared with older twin axle, four tire suspensions. Think of the savings when it comes time to purchase new tires!

Reportedly, the prototype has been temporally outfitted with wing-like stabilizers during the extensive wind tunnel stability tests.

It has been rumored this new 'stealth' model is code named 'Blackhawk' due to it's uniquely tinted outer finish.

Dual pane windows are no longer needed, as this new model has special bullet proof type glass 3/4 in thick, allowing for safe overnight parking in urban Wal-Mart parking lots.

From what I could gather, permanent holding tanks are a thing of the past. Eject-able, one time use, inflatable type tanks are dropped from beneath the 'BH' when special 'holding tank bay' doors are opened, preferably in remote areas.

Boondocking will be a pleasure with the new 'BH' model, as it comes equipped standard with a small JP4 fueled gas turbine that runs a 500KW generator. You will be able to power up about 100 of your fellow rally members at one time! Sending out for additional fuel could be a problem.

Undisclosed sources mention that the Suggested Mfg's List Price will be near $8.7 Million for the standard version. That price is expected to be lowered substantially as production numbers increase.

Get your name on the order list now to assure early delivery before demand overtakes production rates!