Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2004, 10:32 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2004 - 28" CCD - For Sale - Maybe?

I hate to even be contemplating this, but I am thinking of selling my Airstream. As many of you know, I recently sold my house and am getting ready to build another one. I am in the process of working with an architect and the way things look, it will probably be anywhere from 9 to 12 months before I am in the new house.

With that said, I have been living full time in my Airstream and it's just to small. I have started to think about selling my Airstream and finding a travel trailer or motorhome that is a lot larger.

As some of you might be wondering what exactly I have, it is as follows:

2004 28" International CCD
Green Interior
Fully Loaded - There is not one option missing

If someone is interested in making a realistic offer, I would be open to listening.

Please note again that the only reason I am even thinking about this, is because this is my temporary full time home and I just need some more space.

I look forward to your responses.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Josh,

Say it's not true! But you wouldn't buy a white box, would you? Ah, well- good luck.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:38 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Big Dee,

I am not really interested in a white box. I think what I am really considering is a larger Airstream.

Josh
Old 05-19-2004, 04:59 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Josh,

I'd be very interested. I've been just reading through the forums for the past few weeks trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge.

A couple of quick questions:

• How much of the warranty remains?
• By green do you mean lemongrass?

Drop me a line at jvsjr@mac.com

Vince
Old 05-19-2004, 06:42 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Josh, although most who full-time do it in a 30' or larger, they're usually two people. There are those who full-time in 25s. I understand that it's clearly a personal judgement about size.

Would you be interested in discussing the problems the current size presents for you, and see if perhaps it could be made to work for the duration of the construction?
Old 05-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #6
Craftsman

Josh,
I am also very interested in following this thread because my wife and I are considering a 34, Airstream that we would be spending a very large part of the year in. I too have no interest in a white box, but with slides they do seem to offer more of a sense of a house with seperate rooms as opposed to one long hall. I'm wondering what about the 28 feels small to you. I would think that your actual living space is more like 25' with the 28 and 30" with a 34'. My brother in Florida owns a 36" 5th wheel and he lives alone and says it would never be enough room for two. So, I guess it is a matter of individual perception. I don't want to get off track with the for sale aspect of this thread but I'm always looking for opinions about the livability of the larger Airstreams before taking the plunge. I'm very interested in what you decide on and good luck.
Jack

Old 05-19-2004, 08:28 AM   #7

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Josh, I guess you have to nail down what drove you nuts with your 28' CCD. After owning the 27' Safari, the lack of a dinette became a sore point for us. The slide out in the new Classic gives us the extra room to navigate the front area of the trailer.

The down side is to get the dinette we had to give up the double wardrobe closet in the Safari for the single in the Classic. If we ever had to deal with long term use of the Classic, this would become an issue. That would probably push me towards a 34' model in order to pick that extra closet back up. Its not an issue today since we rarely used the hanging storage in both of the double closets in the Safari.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 05-19-2004, 08:53 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Thumbs up 14 years in a triple-axle

On our first camping run, we parked next to a retired couple who bought a 3-axle Excella, I think 33 feet, 14 years ago. They were going to live in it for a year while they traveled around looking for the ideal place to live while retired.

Fourteen years later, the wife says she is ready to "think about" settling down, but the husband is still loving living in that trailer! They sold their house long ago so everything they own is in that rig. Guess it really DOES depend on what you want.

As the proud new owners of a 24-foot Trade Wind, that Excella looked like a mansion to us!

Connie
Old 05-31-2004, 07:22 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Stone Mountain , Georgia
Smile How Times Change

Well Josh, Andy here, St. Mtn. GA.

We talked a lot when I first bought my 2004 25" CCD last year. You may or may not remember. I just saw your post, and was shocked to see that you are now on the other end of the Airstream journey in such a short time. I have been enjoying mine.

Best of Luck