Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2003, 06:10 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Stone Mountain , Georgia
2004 International CCD

I have just become the proud owner of a 2004 International CCD 25'.

It is my first Airstream, and I am just starting to realize what an amazing sub-culture I have joined.

I guess at some point there will be a forum for the newer models. However, I am enjoying reading all of the interesting stuff in the other areas.

I will be pulling my trailer for it's first trip to the NC mountains this Sunday.

Andy
andyfuson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 06:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
WOW! we have quite the Altanta faction going here.
Welcome to the Forums! Great folks here. They have helped me out a ton.

So did you buy it at the Thorton Rd dealer? Still haven't made it over there to see them yet.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 07:09 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Stone Mountain , Georgia
Yes I did buy at Thornton Rd.

I live in Stone Mountain, so it was a bit of a drive, but I did like the people.

They are building a dealership just for the Airstreams.

I had a few small problems, and had to take it back to them, but the service person was very helpful and fixed everything very quickly.

I leave for the first voyage tomorrow.

Andy
andyfuson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 08:14 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Hi Andy!

we also just bought a 25' CCD a month ago and had our share of problems with it.

For exaple our dinette was built not squared and not levelled. How is yours?

We've taken it out 3 times and love it. Right now it's at the dealer getting a few forgotten nails off and sealing a few leaking holes the factory forgot.

If you have any AS parks near you give them a try, the people are great and will welcome you warmly.

All the best!
Old 09-21-2003, 05:28 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Welcome to the Airstream family! I know you will get great enjoyment out of your new purchase. One of the benefits of being an Airstream owner is the use of some 'Airstream Only' parks. One in Georgia is on the north side of Helen, Ga. called the Top of Georgia at 14255 Hwy 75 N. Another one is Palmetta Cove in Cleveland, SC at 521 Table Rock Road.

I would encourage you to join a local Airstream Club as well as the International Club WBCCI. You will have the opportunity to travel with people of like interest and there are many rallies and caravans to attend that you might otherwise not know about. You can do as little or as much as you want to within these organizations.

If you are ever in our area - South Georgia and North Florida (Tallahassee, Fl area), check us out. We are the Big Bend FL Unit. This week end (Sept 26-28) we are meeting in Cotton Hill Corp of Engineer Campground in Ft. Gaines, Ga. Some of the Unit will travel to the TN Fiddlers Rally in Athens, AL.
HURST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 07:09 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Hurst

We will be in St George Oct 10-12 for a little get away. Unfortunatly Our 59 is not ready for travel so we have rented a house for the weekend. Maybe we will run into you.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 11:48 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
So Andy and Kimili,

Plans for the 25' CCD show 2 windows at the dinette. I've seen a dealer photo with only one. What gives? Is there a window forward near the couch?

Proud owners -- we would always appreciate photos! Thanks

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:56 PM   #8
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by Canoe'stream
So Andy and Kimili,

Plans for the 25' CCD show 2 windows at the dinette. I've seen a dealer photo with only one. What gives? Is there a window forward near the couch?

Proud owners -- we would always appreciate photos! Thanks
I agree! If possible, would it be possible to get inside photos of the setup?

Also, the back window, is that useable or is it just an emergancy exit?

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 07:41 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Thanks!

Quote:
So Andy and Kimili, Plans for the 25' CCD show 2 windows at the dinette. I've seen a dealer photo with only one. What gives? Is there a window forward near the couch? Proud owners -- we would always appreciate photos! Thanks
We're very proud owners but have yet to take some album pics.

Here's a few we took of our pups the "morning after the first night"...that also explains why I had to buff my face...

As you can see there are plenty of windows! Lots of light! Infact my job this winter will be: curtains!
weird the only curtain in all the unit is the one on the wrap around, all the other windows only have roll down plastic shades...but not for long!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ouras-1.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	3156  
Old 09-21-2003, 07:48 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
I agree! If possible, would it be possible to get inside photos of the setup? Also, the back window, is that useable or is it just an emergancy exit? Eric
Yes, it's a real window!

Our set up is the "Blue Streak".
The other choices were: Hazard Orange & Lemon grass w/yellow light inside cabinets, (we have the warm orange glow lighting inside our overhead cabinets).

Here's the pics the dealer sent us to help us decide on the colour.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ouras-2.jpg
Views:	1090
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	3157  
Old 09-21-2003, 07:55 PM   #11

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Great trailer, Kimili, much better than the orange/yellow scheme. It looks so light and bright inside, I'll bet it's a real joy to camp in! Love those wrap around front windows!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 08:06 PM   #12
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Real nice trailer Kimili. I just don't understand why the back window on the non CCD units is not a functional one, but simply just an emergancy window.

So what you're saying is that the rear window by the bed (on the back wall) opens and closes and has a screen. If so, that unit must have excellent cross breeze. With the window in my Bambi (and I fear in the 25' Safari Six Sleeper) it's dead space. A window no less but not a very functional one....

Thanks for the pics. I see what look like a bunch of red tags around the frame....

If that window is a functional window (opens and closes and has a screen) and dubs as an emergancy window too, can you get me a length and height measurement? If I do go with the 25' Safari Six Sleeper (which share plenty with the structural thing of the 25' CCD six sleeper), I may pay extra to have that functional emergancy window added to the coach because I know first hand how poorly the normal cross breeze is in the same setup with just an emergancy window back there.

Eric
Old 09-21-2003, 08:17 PM   #13
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Here's what I mean:

Safari rear window (from the outside):
Old 09-21-2003, 08:19 PM   #14
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
CCD rear window (view from outside)...BTW, I was pretty stoked to find that I could get the LED tail lights on the Safari by going the Safari upgrade package route...pretty sharp!

Windows seem the same size, but if this one has a screen and opens and closes (for conventional use, not emergancy use only).....I am going to try to add it to my list...

Eric
Old 09-21-2003, 08:21 PM   #15
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
BTW, I just noticed something else...what if someone was not thinking and had the furnace on and the entry door open...wouldn't the heat from the furnace exhaust do damage to the finish on the door?

Eric
Old 09-21-2003, 08:23 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Kimili--Love the trailer, but is that a RED Sib I see sitting there? Love that color for Sibs. Looks like a great one. Sure miss mine.

Twink--If you're fat like me,don't even try to get out that "large"emergency window on your Bambi. you'll get stuck for sure, then it'll be a real emergency.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 08:29 PM   #17
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I agree (and am in the same boat), that window is not for the challenged, that's why I'd like to get a working window!

BTW, I have the same problem with Penny that you posted on another thread.... She thinks I bought the coach as her personal space and that she only let's us use it on occasion.....

Eric
Old 09-21-2003, 08:33 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Real window

Quote:
If that window is a functional window (opens and closes and has a screen) and dubs as an emergancy window too, can you get me a length and height measurement? If I do go with the 25' Safari Six Sleeper (which share plenty with the structural thing of the 25' CCD six sleeper), I may pay extra to have that functional emergancy window added to the coach because I know first hand how poorly the normal cross breeze is in the same setup with just an emergancy window back there.
Yes it absolutely is.
We have our temp plates in it right now...

The cross breeze is wonderful during the day. At night I personally don't enjoy an air current above my head, so we open the side one, (always next to the bed, shown in pics above) which does not create such a strong breeze but worked fine.
When it was warmer we used the fantastic fans. LR one on intake and BR on outtake. By the way the fan in the BR works only one way, outake, because the exhaust of the black tank is on the roof right next to it so health dept. laws prohibit AS from having the fan work intake (it would send those bad gasses inside the rig).
When it was really hot..the AC.

It's weird that the safari has a different window...we were told that the ccd was built on the safari floorplans but with ccd interiors and international measurements.

Our As is at the dealer right now, they're taking care of all the QA issues we found. As soon as we get it back we'll take those measurements for you. Let us know exactly what you need.

Quote:
Thanks for the pics. I see what look like a bunch of red tags around the frame...
Red tags??? Sorry I don't understand where?
Old 09-21-2003, 08:36 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
Great trailer, Kimili, much better than the orange/yellow scheme. It looks so light and bright inside, I'll bet it's a real joy to camp in! Love those wrap around front windows!
Thanks appreciate it!

Quote:
Kimili--Love the trailer, but is that a RED Sib I see sitting there? Love that color for Sibs. Looks like a great one. Sure miss mine.
Sure is! Sorry to hear about yours and thanks again for the great feeding advice some time ago on the pm.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:39 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
BTW, I just noticed something else...what if someone was not thinking and had the furnace on and the entry door open...wouldn't the heat from the furnace exhaust do damage to the finish on the door?
Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhh!! Big Time!
You don't want to do that!

...but who would keep the door open fastened to the hook if he had the furnace on?!
(I probably shouldn't say this...we'll end up doing it!).

Tags
2004 international