Old 05-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWasHere View Post
...maybe all the icons^^^^^at the top of the text box have functions. When in the advanced mode, a couple of them seem like they'd be useful, like the paper clip icon (attachment?) or the mountain portrait (photo attachment?) but they don't seem to do anything.
I use the paperclip all the time, it opens my "Downloads" folder and allows me to select and upload an image from the computer.
The mountain (photo) allows you to enter the URL of a image that has a internet address, like in Imgur.

Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
And i've been using that for a few months too...

My point is, that all other sites that have my threads with masses of PB content are restored, so making the threads make sense....
But here, they are not, so the actions that were taken here, are now backward...
All my threads that included pictures, are now pointless.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
I solve the photo problem by using a hosting company for unlimited storage and web site space. The only restrictions are my imagination of what to put online.

Most of the images I post here are on my website theouterlimits.ws in subfolders for various projects.

I can upload web pages, videos, audio files and photo albums. My host is fatcow.com and they have a trial for about $50 a year.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:05 PM   #46

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyair View Post
Photobucket is now under new management.
They are now offering a very reasonable deal of $19.99/year, for 10G of storage and 3rd party hosting.
I signed up, and all of my pics in my threads are now showing up.

Except here...
Why is that?
Interesting. Can you point me to one or more of your posts or images that's having a problem?

This is the first I've heard of Photobucket returning from the grave (which was certainly where they were headed with their dumb pricing model) and I find that my ancient posts with photobucket links are showing images again, even though I'm not paying Photobucket anything at the moment. I'll have a look to see if I can tell why yours might not be showing up if you point me to some.

On a related note, their website doesn't even mention the $19.99/yr/10gb plan. The low-priced one they show on the website is $29.99/yr for 2gb. A news article I found mentions something close to what you mention... 10 gb for $1.99/month (which would be $23.88/yr and perhaps have a discount for paying up front) but it's funny they don't even reflect it on their own website yet.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:39 PM   #47
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
David, it seems the previous CEO was tossed out after Pee-Bucket tanked after his decision.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust Pee-Bucket as far as i could pick up my trailer and throw it. If I had to use a photo hosting service I would look for a service with a solid reputation and good history. If Pee-Bucket did this once, they can do it again.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:07 PM   #48

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Terry,

I've no intention of using them for my photos going forward. However, I have hundreds of old ones stored there that are linked to posts on various and sundry websites so it's a) nice that they work again and b) nice that they've chosen a more reasonable pricing model for the average internet user rather than the $30/month lunacy set by the last CEO.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyair View Post
Photobucket is now under new management.
They are now offering a very reasonable deal of $19.99/year, for 10G of storage and 3rd party hosting.
I signed up, and all of my pics in my threads are now showing up.

Except here...
Why is that?
For some reason Airforums “blocked” all Photobucket links. Hopefully this will get the administrators of airforums to reconsider.
Thanks for posting Keyair.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:17 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
This is a test-post. It's been 6 months since my last attempt to post photos, I've heard that with age comes wisdom...maybe now that I'm 6 months older, I'm a bit wiser too Mollysdad offered some suggestions that I'll be trying, thank you.

Ok...
SeanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:53 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Signal Mountain , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
For some reason Airforums “blocked” all Photobucket links. Hopefully this will get the administrators of airforums to reconsider.
Thanks for posting Keyair.
Actually, Airforums did not block Photobucket photos. Photobucket did. It happened to me, and I got a message from Photobucket that they would no longer post to forums unless I would upgrade to a more expensive account with them. As far as I am concerned PB can stick it.
TN, Greenest State in the Land of the Free
" America is not a place;it's a road." Mark Twain
Tn Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:27 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I use Imgur now that PB self destructed.
It's buggy, but free, and works once you understand what the bugs are. (I can't drag and drop photos into Imgur)
I see many use Flickr also.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #53
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
Well, I'm getting the same results as I detailed in posts 36 and 37. The image seems to be attaching, or a least a link. When I save, exit, then return, there's no image. There's no way everyone else who posts images here is having this much trouble. If that were the case, there'd be nearly no images in posts...one of these times, it's going to work.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/blog...1&d=1531678900

--Sean
Old 07-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
Ok, so I got a link to attach Please bear with me, I'm now going to see if I can figure out how to add more than one image in the same post...
Old 07-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #55
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
Trying Imgur...
https://i.imgur.com/4CujJ5Q.jpg

That seems to be working...is there a way to make the image itself show up, instead of having to click on the link?
Old 07-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #56
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
Now trying two images...
https://i.imgur.com/4CujJ5Q.jpg
And another...
https://i.imgur.com/gXn7dCp.jpg