Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2018, 07:21 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Not sure if this is the right place for this question - but using the app on an iPhone and for the past week or so - 90% of the images are broken and not visible even if I touch on them to open them. Is this just me?

Still having the problem on the app. I’m able to go to web view and see pics but that kind of defeats the purpose of having the app. I may just delete it and reinstall it and see if that helps unless anyone has other thoughts/suggestions....
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I have seen a lot of good forums ruined now because none of the photos will show up.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:38 AM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic
tucson , Arizona
Corry? Really? I was visiting Warren from Tucson and drove through there on my way to Findley Lake a few weeks ago. I bet it's really pretty right now.
dvgofaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:44 AM   #64
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post
I have seen a lot of good forums ruined now because none of the photos will show up.

Perry
I’d go back and check. Photobucket has restored pics in the forums I visit. Prices are reasonable (from what I hear, mine never went up). I think this is the only forum I’m aware of that’s actually blocking PB. I could be wrong.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:08 AM   #65
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Corry , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgofaz View Post
Corry? Really? I was visiting Warren from Tucson and drove through there on my way to Findley Lake a few weeks ago. I bet it's really pretty right now.
Not so many leaves on the trees this year..we are still waiting for a nice weekend..Gerry Corry pa.
Stonesrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:01 AM   #66
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Any chance this forum will consider accepting photobucket pics? It’s still the only forum I visit that has blocked photobucket. I’d appreciate it if you all would consider at least looking into it.
Thx

Old 12-01-2019, 06:26 AM   #67
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Any chance this forum will consider accepting photobucket pics? It’s still the only forum I visit that has blocked photobucket. I’d appreciate it if you all would consider at least looking into it.
Thx
I don't know if you've heard the saying "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me". The forum is looking at preventing the second part of that saying from coming true.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:42 AM   #68
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
So sad. You aren’t punishing photobucket, you’re only inconveniencing forum members that have had great results with photobucket and utilize it on many many other forums. Oh well. If it makes you feel better..

Old 12-02-2019, 08:28 AM   #69

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
So sad. You aren’t punishing photobucket, you’re only inconveniencing forum members that have had great results with photobucket and utilize it on many many other forums. Oh well. If it makes you feel better..
I don't know if you're new to this game, but Photobucket broke hundreds of forums and other sites a couple years ago by arbitrarily changing their ToS retroactively. Instead of doing something so unfriendly to users, AIRForums allowed existing links to Photobucket images to stay (even when Photobucket broke most of those by refusing to serve up the images stored on their sites unless customers paid them a LOT of money) and merely prevents users from adding MORE links to a site known to behave in an unfriendly way to consumers and other sites.

Now that Photobucket has seen some of the error in their ways, they're allowing some older images to be displayed with a very ugly, prominent watermark (unless you pay them a lot of money, one assumes). That doesn't mean their past problems should be forgotten. You can look at some of my blog entries to see that lovely watermark if you like.

You're welcome to ignore their bad practices if it makes you feel better.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
Thank you Janet

Thank you Janet.
PB is not the only photo storage site that has changed there rules mid stream.
Because of there lack of consistency and changing rules when ever they need more money. I am totally on board with banning photo's from all of these type of sites. Many of the cloud storage sites have gone out of busness and you never get YOUR photos back. Plus compression and other issues. Bad business for a photographer.
For anyone who likes there photos, I suggest getting your own storage like a 2 TB external hard drive (or bigger). You can buy a 2TB Seagate, WD or Toshiba for under 100 dollars (50. to 80.). They are portable and hold plenty of photo's for peanuts comparatively. Much cheaper than paying 499. per year for 2TB of storage on FLCKR or 12.99 per month or 155.88 per year for Potobucket unlimited. And it is all yours, no file compression, no problem retrieving files, take it with you or leave it home. My .02

-Dennis
batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:29 AM   #71
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
I don't know if you're new to this game, but Photobucket broke hundreds of forums and other sites a couple years ago by arbitrarily changing their ToS retroactively. Instead of doing something so unfriendly to users, AIRForums allowed existing links to Photobucket images to stay (even when Photobucket broke most of those by refusing to serve up the images stored on their sites unless customers paid them a LOT of money) and merely prevents users from adding MORE links to a site known to behave in an unfriendly way to consumers and other sites.

Now that Photobucket has seen some of the error in their ways, they're allowing some older images to be displayed with a very ugly, prominent watermark (unless you pay them a lot of money, one assumes). That doesn't mean their past problems should be forgotten. You can look at some of my blog entries to see that lovely watermark if you like.

You're welcome to ignore their bad practices if it makes you feel better.
My point is they saw the error of their ways. Every other forum except AirForum is accepting their pictures, blocking them here doesn’t harm them at all. It only inconveniences members here. I’ve also been on forums for many years. I still don’t understand AirForum’s logic in trying to punish photobucket. Accomplish zero.. Oh well, like I said, if it makes you feel better...

Old 12-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #72
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
My point is they saw the error of their ways. Every other forum except AirForum is accepting their pictures, blocking them here doesn’t harm them at all. It only inconveniences members here. I’ve also been on forums for many years. I still don’t understand AirForum’s logic in trying to punish photobucket. Accomplish zero.. Oh well, like I said, if it makes you feel better...

Many, many forums no longer allow photobucket images and the chaos created by the choice they made a couple of years ago taught us a valuable lesson. At the time we spent hours and hours trying to recover those images and were mostly successful. That said, much content about rare rigs and carefully documented restoration threads was irrevocably lost.

When offsite image hosts change up their rules, discontinue service or similar this there is little we can do. In the case of the PB event we poured programmer time (which is costly) into recovery because we believed it was important to the community.

A favorite ploy of spammers and trolls is to use offsite image storage and then change up the stored file to replace it with spam or inappropriate content - yet we still allow this - just not at photobucket. When a service proves untrustworthy, we pay attention. In a perfect world, folks would load images directly to the forum but it's not the simplest interface and some folks prefer linking to images - we get it.

As far as "punishing" Photobucket... your view is an interesting one. In my eyes, this community was punished by having content held hostage, discussion threads rendered useless and monetarily (programmers time and reduced information quality as a result of missing images). There was no recompense and not even an acknowledgement by PB at the time of the misstep. We are not trying to punish photobucket; instead we are trying to protect content and information posted in good faith by members at this site.

Just like putting your hand on a red hot burner - you do this only once. A do-over with the thought of an alternative outcome isn't even on the list of possibilities.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Well said, Janet, and thank you for all that the admins and moderators do here.

Attaching a photo is not really that difficult. Once a person learns what works for them, attaching additional photos is a no-brainer IMO.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:29 PM   #74
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
I am not aware of any forums that outlawed photobucket. I frequent many. Just making it more difficult to post pics, may send more people to FB. I hope that doesn’t happen here. I like this forum.
My take is though, that I’m the only one interested in PB, so it appears to be a very small issue here. Like I said, I like AF. I wish it continued success.

Old 12-08-2019, 01:56 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
This may not be the correct place to ask this question, but how are many posts getting images embedded within their post text (e.g. text, image, text, image, etc.). Is this only available by using an image hosting service?

The only way I have been able to post images is using the "Manage Attachments" link at the bottom and then all my images end up inside a separate box at the bottom of the post. When there are a few images, it is hard to make the text refer to the correct image. It would be nice to go "text, image, text, image, etc." within a post.

Please enlighten me as I have searched AirFroums and can find no instructions how to do this. Thanks in advance.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:05 PM   #76
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
This may not be the correct place to ask this question, but how are many posts getting images embedded within their post text (e.g. text, image, text, image, etc.). Is this only available by using an image hosting service?

The only way I have been able to post images is using the "Manage Attachments" link at the bottom and then all my images end up inside a separate box at the bottom of the post. When there are a few images, it is hard to make the text refer to the correct image. It would be nice to go "text, image, text, image, etc." within a post.

Please enlighten me as I have searched AirFroums and can find no instructions how to do this. Thanks in advance.
Joe,
Post #7 in this thread should help
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ics-44928.html

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #77
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Testing to see how it works...
Dinette