Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2019, 01:15 PM   #41
IAM

1982 31' Excella
cypress , Texas
Question How do I post an ad?

I am trying to sell my 1982 Airstream Excella 31' on this website, but I have searched and I cannot find where to go. I have clicked on "post an ad" and nothing changes. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
IAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:30 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Are you using the desktop version of this site, or the App?

This link should work:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/

On the desktop site, you just have to click on the grey "Classifieds" link at the top of the page.

Welcome to the forum!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #43
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
That sounds like an Apple/Mac problem IMO. What is your computer/device, and what operating system [OS] version are you running? Is everything updated to the latest version [Safari, Firefox etc.]?

Good luck,

Peter
All my devices are Apple. The laptop has an older OS because I would use up my internet Gb’s updating and I don’t care for the newer versions anyway. Safari is updated. I think it may be Verizon. I have to use my iPhone as a hot spot where we live to get internet and our cellphone uses the Verizon system. I think Verizon has oversold and the tower we connect to at home becomes difficult to access. The phone is nearly up to date, but now Apple has made things difficult (shades of Microsoft decades ago) to update the OS on it, I have given up trying to make sense of it. The iPad is up to date. Apple is hardly the company it once was and the software is not very good. I know how to use the products, more or less, after nearly 30 years of owning their products. I am tempted to change but don’t want to learn a new system and will keep these devices as long as I can. The spinning beach ball does not appear on other sites, well, hardly ever, and frequently does here. I spend too much time on the Forum, so maybe it is a good thing.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:52 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Your spinning beach ball sounds like a 15" MacBook Pro I had a few years back. The graphics card was going bad [Nvidia?], and it was a known problem, so I got some extended warranty coverage from the supplier. After a lot of careful backing up for a few months, the thing finally failed. Recommend frequent back-ups, and taking it into the Mac shop for a look-see. If you have the same thing, they will know about it and may be able to forestall the inevitable.

Sounds like a medical situation . . .

Old 05-23-2019, 07:27 PM   #45
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
It is a 13" laptop (Pro? Probably not) and I hope you are wrong because I really don't want to deal with it. The internet dies from time to time for a few minutes at those times when a lot of people are on the internet, just like a lot of campgrounds with overtaxed wifi. It seems to happen more often with the Forum and could be lots of things.

I hope everyone got updated and processed and are now able to access the Forum (if they didn't, how would we know?).

Old 05-23-2019, 07:34 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
That beach is internal to the Mac working too hard on something, and unrelated to what it may be working on IMO.

Time will tell . . . good luck.

Peter
Old 05-23-2019, 07:38 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It sounds like a connectivity problem, to me.

For what it’s worth, I have had zero login problems, using Safari on my IPad, with Verizon.

Maggie
Old 05-24-2019, 07:08 PM   #48
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Maggie, you may have a better Verizon tower than I do. I've watched the responsiveness of our connection deteriorate for about 4 or 5 years. The phone quality is not too great either. I find myself wishing to go back to landlines and no cell phones.

Old 05-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #49
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Just tried to log in and got a message that I needed to use my Keystone id. What’s going on?
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:09 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
I finally got in. I had to say I forgot my password, get a temporary one, and then change it back to the original password. As I was doing that I noticed that they think my Keystone account is the primary one. Since I don't ever remember setting up a Keystone account, I have no idea what the password might be.
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:01 PM   #51

1978 24' Argosy 24
Applegate , California
I followed the steps to change to logging in with email. It said my email address existed and was correct. But then it asked for my user name and when I gave it as "Belle" it said that it wasn't available. Well, I'm the original Belle and it wouldn't let me log in with my email address and Belle. So now I have to User Ids, Belle and BelleHG. I would prefer to have only the one. I can't seem to get to reply to classified section with either? How to I go about having only the one ID associated with my email address?
BelleHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:48 PM   #52
Lake Tahoe Airstream Club

2002 25' Safari
2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Minden , Nevada
Unhappy Logging into classifieds - NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Well I spoke too soon.

Is there a way to access the classified section and send a message to a seller?

Entering my e mail address and password locks me into a loop requesting I do it again.
I'm having this same issue. I can read the ads, but can't get to where I can reply to one. I'm getting a loop asking for my username and password. I've tried old (prior to the change), and new one with my email address. Help!
linda7915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:32 PM   #53
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Login credentials in my iPhone app finally expired. So, I logged out and tried to log in the same way I now log in on the browser. It's telling me the email or the password is wrong, which is not true. I'm having no issues on the browser with my email and password, but the app is now useless. Ideas?

Thanks!

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #54
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Ah, ha! Apparently I had exceeded failed app login attempts without realizing it. After waiting a while I tried again logging in via the app, and it works fine now.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:54 AM   #55
2 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
Sagle , Idaho
I was logged in and took a long time typing an involved Q regarding solar panel. When I tried to post a message appeared telling me I was not logged in . Was that long message then lost to a black hole or can you help me find it. It took me an hour to get it right before sending. Did I time out? What happened and is the message retrievable on your end or mind. Please try to assist me. thanks
southsaglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:48 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by southsaglejim View Post
I was logged in and took a long time typing an involved Q regarding solar panel. When I tried to post a message appeared telling me I was not logged in . Was that long message then lost to a black hole or can you help me find it. It took me an hour to get it right before sending. Did I time out? What happened and is the message retrievable on your end or mind. Please try to assist me. thanks
Did this happen yesterday (the day of your post)? Because it booted me off, too. I had gone to all kinds of trouble to re-establish my iPhone interface and I finally had it working, only to have the whole login problem start up all over again yesterday.

Stating the obvious, the system does not seem to be very stable.

EDIT: Something appears to be wrong with Air Forums and maybe it is now impacting the login. This morning when I try to get to posts from my email, I get this warning message below. Maybe China is attacking and hacking the site or something.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #57
1 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Houston , Texas
Getting a “Not Secure-Air Forums.com” header on my Air Forums login screen???

Haven’t seen this before...something isn’t working correctly.
mything2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #58
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I did get a message like InterBlog some time ago. I also have had problems with the page reloading over and over and losing what I had written (sometimes I can get them back by using the “history” option on Safari). Other times things just stall and stall. I don’t have these problems on other websites even though I am using an older OS on my laptop. It is as if someone is mad at the Forum and attacking it, installing malware or the software is out of date or as all these Forums are brought together something from those changes is affecting this one.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:22 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
I did get a message like InterBlog some time ago. ....
I'm getting that message on almost every link this morning.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:28 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Two suggestions:

1. When logging in, is everyone checking the "Remember Me" box? Gotta do that;

2. The "not secure" message may generated by your Internet Browser IMO . . . to protect you. As browsers like Firefox get upgraded, they may be adding warning messages like this . . . I have noticed it recently too.

AirForums has never been a secure site [IMO], and a warning to that effect is a good thing. If the AF server/site is giving us that message, it is still a good thing IMO.

Whenever problems arise, it is always a good procedure -- first -- to clear your history, clean your Internet cache, and do a hard re-boot of your computer/tablet/phone/etc.. This will eliminate a few variables in the diagnostic process.

Good luck,

Peter

FYI/FWIW